• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean at the bare minum star is a planet buster, which is way more then anything Steven can do.
Basically I'm ± ok with Star ratings, I'm not ok how while one side use feats other is just says "lol Star's tier is higher" and that's it, not even describing feats at some cases. Likely this is just my bad experience with debates on Star battles but at this moment that's really it.

In Timmy Turner case they can at least say something more than this.

Basically I'm ± ok with Star ratings, I'm not ok how while one side use feats other is just says "lol Star's tier is higher" and that's it, not even describing feats at some cases. Likely this is just my bad experience with debates on this battle but at this moment that's really it.
The problem is Steven is basically a beat stick and the abilities he does have would be not applicable to a death battle (healing won't help if he's oneshotted and his empath stick is meant for ending a fight peacefully and also only works on gems), so it's a person who isn't really that good in a combat situation vs a mage with high states and way more abilities, it'd be like saying who'd win Regigigas Vs Scarlet Witch, clearly Scarlet Witch because she's more versitile and has higher states.

unknown.png

Any thoughts?

The problem is Steven is basically a beat stick and the abilities he does have would be not applicable to a death battle (healing won't help if he's oneshotted and his empath stick is meant for ending a fight peacefully and also only works on gems), so it's a person who isn't really that good in a combat situation vs a mage with high states and way more abilities, it'd be like saying who'd win Regigigas Vs Scarlet Witch, clearly Scarlet Witch because she's more versitile and has higher states.
Yes but we also talking about a guy who beat soldiers with at least hundreds of years experience, with many physical feats, plus it's also a bit reminds of buster gold situation where dude got good forcefields, this case shouldn't be so far because Steven's forcefields are definitely multifunctional and can block good amount of stuff which Star will use. The debate of this battle is interesting, and case very dependent on what you will accept, for same reason I hate to see when argumentation for both sides does exists but ending up with just saying that "X character is stronger".

You probably will see a difference when here you told me a pretty decent and based argument and someone just saying that character is stronger. That's like if I would respond to your argument by just "Steven is stronger", something like this in debates making debate from interesting to something you don't want to see. A lot of water from me can already tell, so here's short version: Good when people use arguments and explaination in debates, bad when vice versa.

What connections do they have other than powerful haxed Vampires?
Connections: Prestigious video game vampires accompanied by their werewolf servant (Valkenhayn and Fenrir respectively). Despite their petite statures, they're both extremely old and knowledgable and utilise familiars in combat, along with their own magic. Both also refuse to drink the blood of others despite being vampires, with their greatest loves relating to this refusal in some way (with Ragna being the only one Rachel has drank blood from in order to save his life while Valvatorez swore to never drink blood until he succeeded in instilling fear into Artina). Despite their eccentric and often demeaning attitudes, they're extremely loyal and caring towards the allies that aid them in their journey.

Connections: Prestigious video game vampires accompanied by their werewolf servant (Valkenhayn and Fenrir respectively). Despite their petite statures, they're both extremely old and knowledgable and utilise familiars in combat, along with their own magic. Both also refuse to drink the blood of others despite being vampires, with their greatest loves relating to this refusal in some way (with Ragna being the only one Rachel has drank blood from in order to save his life while Valvatorez swore to never drink blood until he succeeded in instilling fear into Artina). Despite their eccentric and often demeaning attitudes, they're extremely loyal and caring towards the allies that aid them in their journey.
Wow. Neat. Too bad Val loses cuz lolBlazblueImmortality

Yes but we also talking about a guy who beat soldiers with at least hundreds of years experience, with many physical feats, plus it's also a bit reminds of buster gold situation where dude got good forcefields, this case shouldn't be so far because Steven's forcefields are definitely multifunctional and can block good amount of stuff which Star will use. The debate of this battle is interesting, and case very dependent on what you will accept, for same reason I hate to see when argumentation for both sides does exists but ending up with just saying that "X character is stronger".

You probably will see a difference when here you told me a pretty decent and based argument and someone just saying that character is stronger. That's like if I would respond to your argument by just "Steven is stronger", something like this in debates making debate from interesting to something you don't want to see. A lot of water from me can already tell, so here's short version: Good when people use arguments and explaination in debates, bad when vice versa.
Thank you for explaining that

Po won for basically the reasons the blog went over. While IF was certainly faster, scaling to characters who can move at light speed, and was more skilled, that's about all he had going for him. Po was immensivly more powerful, at 100 Teratons of TNT vs IF's 150 Megatons. And Po had a counter for basically every single one of IF's techniques. And to top it all off, Po's ability to travel to and from the Spirt world makes it questionable if Po could even be killed through normal methods.

Next time, poor Steven. At the very least, looks like we have our traditionally animated fight most likely.

Just watched Po vs Iron Fist, ******* awesome, definetly my favorite episode of season 9 right now
Everything about this fight is great, animation, choreography, dynamic between the characters, this feels just fantastic, i hope the rest of season 9 will be just as great

As expected. So glad Po wins by hax. And picks the K-T event end instead of the blatantly wrong angsizing end by G1 bloggers.
Still not quite explaining well how many of IF's crazier feats are outliers. A bit bummer.

Now people are really double checking what stats Star Butterfly vs Steven Universe (character) really sits at

Did laugh during the fight more than I thought I would honestly. Still feel bad for Iron Fist since literally nobody seemed to care for him during the leadup. Analysis at least felt approp. Under Shadow vs Ryuko and Doom vs Lex. But still leagues better than Blake vs Mikasa

I pretty liked the episode, sure it slow, however not the speed alone decides how good battle is, and for Po vs IF doesn't needed exactly speed more than choreography, at least Po(can't tell for IF) felt in character, interactions were good, Dragon vs Dragon, some KFP neat references. Imo that's definitely one of top 3 of the season.

Ohhhhhhh. This nightmare would at least end seriously. I liked idea at first and I still like it but please... those previous debate nightmares....

Star vs Steven, everything or nothing. Rooting for Steven. Betting.... Like I said it depends, I'm not much into uni Star but it could work so, eh. If they really would make Star uni based on statements then give me my Raz vs Ness.

Saw the fight. It was very well choreographed, the banter was funny as well as endearing, and the climax felt right. Honestly, this season is way better than the last one by a long shot.

As for the next fight, can't wait for it to be hand drawn. RIP Steven Someone get Rebecca or Daron Nefcy up, I wanna see their reaction to this fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back