• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft seems likely to me, considering they buy stuff up like crazy and have a clear interest in RT due to Red vs Blue.

Microsoft would also be a pretty good company to buy it considering it's pretty chill in general, and generally treats it's properties well (at least to my knowledge)
Huh, didn't think of that.

But would they be willing to buy a non-gaming conpany?

So, possible acquirer:

• Disney - Did Rooster Teeth shows look like Disney friendly at all? Will there even be positive synergy? Also doubt Disney would do it, considering they are still recovering from the FOX buyout
  • Microsoft - Can potentially revive Rooster Teeth Games
  • Amazon - No Amazon Prime exclusive Death Battle
  • Electronic Arts - Uh no thanks.
  • Some Japanese firms - depending on which firm. Doubt objectivity.
  • Some "other" firms - worst case. With foreseeable political influence.

Coming Community Death Battle is Raven (Post-Flashpoint) or Raven (Teen Titans) vs Marceline Abadeer.

So, possible acquirer:

• Disney - Did Rooster Teeth shows look like Disney friendly at all? Will there even be positive synergy? Also doubt Disney would do it, considering they are still recovering from the FOX buyout
  • Microsoft - Can potentially revive Rooster Teeth Games
  • Amazon - No Amazon Prime exclusive Death Battle
  • Electronic Arts - Uh no thanks.
  • Some Japanese firms - depending on which firm. Doubt objectivity.
  • Some "other" firms - worst case. With foreseeable political influence.

Coming Community Death Battle is Raven (Post-Flashpoint) or Raven (Teen Titans) vs Marceline Abadeer.
Any Japanese firms you have in mind? I'm keeping an open mind about that one due to RWBY's popularity in Japan.

Not sure about that, you know what happened to Rare after they bought it
If psychonauts 2 would be good I would trust Microsoft more, as they're already gave enough money for double fine to leave some content in game, which already gives hope to me.

Rare from one point is example of not good situation, however they can use budget good. There's good amount of games which Microsoft supports and which are good. New Metro game was pretty good.
S. T. A. L. K. E. R. 2 also is pretty hopeful, hellblade 2(if I spelled game right), and etc.

Speaking of KI
im trying to speculate here
S5 had three 3D fights
S6 had 5 if you include the SFM
S7 i wont bring up given it had 20 episodes
we had Yoda vs Mickey for SFM and soon Mikasa vs Blake for 3D
so if we follow this season

Mid season finale will be 3D
Link vs Cloud will be 3D
Galactus vs Unicron will be 3D
so 4 3D fights and SFM this season
hoping Liu Kang vs Jago would happen to be in 3D but doubt it'll happen this season

Speaking of KI
S5 had three 3D fights

hoping Liu Kang vs Jago would happen to be in 3D but doubt it'll happen this season
i'm guessing 4 3D fights and 2 SFMs

Speaking of KI
S5 had three 3D fights

The average for each season is like 3-5 isn’t it usually?

Fight Game Matches are generally a waste of 3D matchups IMO

There are exceptions like Ryu vs Jin and (to a much lesser extent) Goro vs Machamp, but the former was a torrian thing which gives it way higher animation standing. Sorry-not-sorry but i'd prefer my 3D animations to be with matches that do a better job at taking advantage of those mechanics

Like you can talk about how heihachi vs geese had good models or whatever, but at the end of the day Blake vs Mikasa is gonna have a lot greater of a need for 3D environments.

i'm guessing 4 3D fights and 2 SFMs
Possibly
The average for each season is like 3-5 isn’t it usually?
Focusing from
S4-Four 3D Fights
S5-Four 3D Fights
S6-Four 3D+SFM Fights
S7-Four 3D+Two SFM Fights
I may sound like a heretic, but i would be ok with Liu Kang vs Jago being a sprite fight, only if they will not mess it up like Sub-zero vs Glacius
And you sound like a heretic
Jago Sprite is ass and unlike Heihachi who had at least some decent one's
Fight Game Matches are generally a waste of 3D matchups IMO

There are exceptions like Ryu vs Jin and (to a much lesser extent) Goro vs Machamp, but the former was a torrian thing which gives it way higher animation standing. Sorry-not-sorry but i'd prefer my 3D animations to be with matches that do a better job at taking advantage of those mechanics

Like you can talk about how heihachi vs geese had good models or whatever, but at the end of the day Blake vs Mikasa is gonna have a lot greater of a need for 3D environments.
I don't see how Fight Game MU are a waste for 3D
If you can make GoroChamp look like Gold imagine what you can do for Liu Kang vs Jago

DB does custom sprites all the time
I don't see how Fight Game MU are a waste for 3D
If you can make GoroChamp look like Gold imagine what you can do for Liu Kang vs Jago
I'm gonna keep it real with you chief, GoroChamp wasn't that good.

What about this one?
CFJ_Jago_35672_thumb.png

Or how about not using custom sprites at all and just use their original sprites from the games?

DB does custom sprites all the time
Not all of them are good
I'm gonna keep it real with you chief, GoroChamp wasn't that good.
It is considering it's one of the only Fights from last season that was worthwhile
What about this one?
CFJ_Jago_35672_thumb.png

Or how about not using custom sprites at all and just use their original sprites from the games?
Eh looks ass tbh
This is why Jago vs Liu Kang should be in 3D

DB's custom sprites are always hit or miss tho
On one hand we have Ryuko's sprites and on the other... Zuko's And Todoroki's sprites
Ryuko sprites were from Grand Summoners

yyb9nscq01t41.png

The only one you can say was customize was her Shinpu& Kisaragi form
Speaking about shitty sprites: Sabrewulf looked like shit in Sabrewulf vs Jon and pretty much all of us loved this fight
His sprite existed for awhile tho but yeah

Not all of them are good

It is considering it's one of the only Fights from last season that was worthwhile
Leo vs Jason, Cable vs Booster, Obi-Wan vs Kakashi, Beerus vs Galaxia, Wally vs Sonic, Winter Solider vs Red Hood, Sabrewulf vs Talbain, Red vs Blue, Hulk vs Broly
Eh looks ass tbh
This is why Jago vs Liu Kang should be in 3D
There are fights that deserve the 3D treatment much more and I will die on that hill

If you put it in another season, maybe, but this is not worthy of it over its contenders

Leo vs Jason, Cable vs Booster, Obi-Wan vs Kakashi, Beerus vs Galaxia, Wally vs Sonic, Winter Solider vs Red Hood, Sabrewulf vs Talbain, Red vs Blue, Hulk vs Broly
The only good parts of S7 I should say
There are fights that deserve the 3D treatment much more and I will die on that hill

If you put it in another season, maybe, but this is not worthy of it over its contenders
Maybe not this season due to MUs like Cloud vs Link 2, Galactus vs Unicron and Cole vs Alex being obvious ones and deserve it more
Next season easy it does given we're going back to the 20 episodes format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back