• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dead Cells CRT and other stuff about Dead Cells that hasn't been done yet:

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've been on this wiki for only a little bit, but I've already noticed a lot of things about Dead Cells (and Ori but that's a topic for another time) that really need to be improved, so lets get into them:

*So, I've seen this feat get brought up a lot, but it always dies before anything can happen with it, so here goes. At 0:50 of The Queen And The Sea trailer The Queen annihilates this ship in one strike from far away. However strong this is, End-Of-Run Beheaded and The Alchemist should both scale to this, so it's pretty important to figure out.

*There's also the feat of The Giant busting out of the Prisoner's Quarters (I couldn't find a video of it happening but it says it happened in the first sentence in the second paragraph of The Giant's wiki page.) which, while probably still High 8-C at most, should still be added as a feat.

*Next, I've seen The Beheaded being claimed to have "Resistance to Projectiles" and certain other abilities on Vs threads with them, but it doesn't state this anywhere on The Beheaded's profile. I did some digging, and I found out that these abilities come from The Beheaded's Amulets that they can get, so the Affixes of the Amulets, and the Amulets themselves for that matter, should be listed on The Beheaded's profile.

*The Beheaded actually has a bunch of abilities that aren't listed on their profile, but I'll wait until this thread gets traction before tackling that.

*It's a minor point, but if The Beheaded gets the Panacea as optional equipment, then they should get the Symmetrical Lance X (which has Forcefield Nullification) as optional equipment as well.

*There's a feature in Dead Cells called Boss Rush, which is exactly what it sounds like. There are four total Boss Rush modes and in each one, the bosses get harder. I think that each boss (aside from the Alchemist) should all get a Boss Rush key as the Beheaded gets 11 points in an attribute at the beginning of one, putting all of the bosses at the level of End-Of-Run Beheaded. Also, certain bosses get new abilities from Boss Rush, like The Giant, who gets Additional Limbs.

*Finally, I know that it's been talked about before, but The Giant, The Queen, and The Alchemist need profiles as they're main characters and have decent feats to go off of.

Last edited:
I'll be straightforward in saying that I haven't seen shit about Dead Cells in regards to post-launch content. So, DLCs and such, I know nothing about them.

So, I've seen this feat get brought up a lot, but it always dies before anything can happen with it, so here goes. At 0:50 of The Queen And The Sea trailer The Queen annihilates this ship in one strike from far away. However strong this is, End-Of-Run Beheaded and The Alchemist should both scale to this, so it's pretty important to figure out.
I presume one of them does the feat? Is that the Alchemist featured at the end, the Queen, or someone else? Given the distance from the boat, it may well serve as a speed feat, too, though in its current state... perhaps an outlier?

Also, I should note that just fragmenting a normal boat such as that tends to come out at around 8-C, so this may not be an actual upgrade, but rather a support feat.

There's also the feat of The Giant busting out of the Prisoner's Quarters (I couldn't find a video of it happening but it says it happened in the first sentence in the second paragraph of The Giant's wiki page.) which, while probably still High 8-C at most, should still be added as a feat.
Would definitely need a video to be particularly usable, but noted.

Next, I've seen The Beheaded being claimed to have "Resistance to Projectiles" and certain other abilities on Vs threads with them, but it doesn't state this anywhere on The Beheaded's profile. I did some digging, and I found out that these abilities come from The Beheaded's Amulets that they can get, so the Affixes of the Amulets, and the Amulets themselves for that matter, should be listed on The Beheaded's profile.
Quite frankly, the Beheaded's profile is old and well beyond our current standards. If you're interested in fixing it up, a true and honest revitalization process could be undertaken to make it align with our current standards, particularly on references. Linking to wiki pages of items and also adding references to 'em would be a godsend in terms of making the page more reliable.

The Beheaded actually has a bunch of abilities that aren't listed on their profile, but I'll wait until this thread gets traction before tackling that.
Given the amount of updates to the game since the profile has been made, this is not surprising.

It's a minor point, but if The Beheaded gets the Panacea as optional equipment, then they should get the Symmetrical Lance X (which has Forcefield Nullification) as optional equipment as well.
...Perhaps.

There's a feature in Dead Cells called Boss Rush, which is exactly what it sounds like. There are four total Boss Rush modes and in each one, the bosses get harder. I think that each boss (aside from the Alchemist) should all get a Boss Rush key as the Beheaded gets 11 points in an attribute at the beginning of one, putting all of the bosses at the level of End-Of-Run Beheaded. Also, certain bosses get new abilities from Boss Rush, like The Giant, who gets Additional Limbs.
Ehhh. I think that sounds arcade-y and not really "canon" to the story, so I'd decline on this one. Challenge modes aren't, to my knowledge, typically recognized for pages.

Finally, I know that it's been talked about before, but The Giant, The Queen, and The Alchemist need profiles as they're main characters and have decent feats to go off of.
Do feel free to make 'em.

I presume one of them does the feat? Is that the Alchemist featured at the end, the Queen, or someone else?
The Queen does it, yeah. The Alchemist likely upscales due to being the true final boss of the game and being vastly more powerful than the others.

Ehhh. I think that sounds arcade-y and not really "canon" to the story, so I'd decline on this one. Challenge modes aren't, to my knowledge, typically recognized for pages.
Yeah, you're right. There's nothing suggesting Boss Rush is canon. Fair enough.
Quite frankly, the Beheaded's profile is old and well beyond our current standards. If you're interested in fixing it up, a true and honest revitalization process could be undertaken to make it align with our current standards, particularly on references. Linking to wiki pages of items and also adding references to 'em would be a godsend in terms of making the page more reliable.
I have never even attempted to make a profile before, and I have a lot of ideas for it but I'm dogshit with coding, so I probably can't. At least, not in the near future.

Last edited:
I have never even attempted to make a profile before, and I have a lot of ideas for it but I'm dogshit with coding, so I probably can't. At least, not in the near future.
Alright, no worries, but I personally won't be makin' 'em either. So they will likely remain pageless.

To make a profile is not a particularly difficult thing, in regards to code. The majority of us don't know how to code, most of the work in that regard is done by the standard template which we copy-paste.

while true, learning how to code a tabber is fairly easy to learn and 99% of what you need

To make a profile is not a particularly difficult thing, in regards to code. The majority of us don't know how to code, most of the work in that regard is done by the standard template which we copy-paste.
Honestly, after thinking it over, I really want to go through with making the sandbox profile for The Beheaded. I already have what needs to be in it on my phone, all I would really need are some calc-ers and permission to make the sandbox and eventually the actual profile.

You don't need permission to make a sandbox, nor do you need permission to make a profile. You just do it.

You could do with a few calc group members helping out though, that is true.

You don't need permission to make a sandbox, nor do you need permission to make a profile. You just do it.
I might sound a bit dumb here, but when I put https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:LightSoul/Sandbox into the URL, it brings me to a page that says

"There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs, but you do not have permission to create this page."

Am I doing something wrong? And if so, how can I get past this?

That is indeed bizarre. Do you have a profile on the wiki that you're signed into?

What is your wiki account username? I may need to update your username here to be the same to avoid confusion for forum members and wiki edit patrollers.

The image is the wrong size (should be 400px, iirc) and I'd definitely rather one that's been rendered to have a transparent background. Or, at the very least, one which has an artwork-comprised background rather than matte black.

You'd still need references for a full page rework. Basically we now require pages to cite their sources- old pages weren't deleted for not doing this, but new ones have it as a requirement, think we ought to do that here. Since you're not comfortable coding that yourself, you're free to steal the code- off the top of my head, here's a page I made some time ago that has a very simple reference setup.

Quick rundown:
* "<ref>FERETORY, page 24</ref>" is how you insert a reference. The bits in the middle are what will actually appear as your citation, in this case, "FERETORY, page 24".

* "==References==
{{scroll box|content={{reflist|2}}}}"

^ The above makes a place for the references to actually be. Specifically, it confines all references to a scrollbox containing all references in two numbered columns. You only need to cite each reference once, though if you could link to the referenced material again for each instance of referencing it, that would be appreciated. Using wiki links is probably fine, but in-game screenshots/clips are preferable if you can manage it.

I got the reference list made with some new references to help out! We still need calcs for the feats listed in the sandbox, and I'm going to be looking for clips for the feats that don't have references yet, such as The Beheaded breaking solid gold doors and their true form breaking wooden doors by rolling into them. On that note, The Giant busting out of the Prisoner's Quarters technically isn't an onscreen feat, but I do have clips for before and after The Giant breaks out, as well as a door that The Giant broke into from the front and the back.

It would likely be faster if someone else did the calcs and I evaluated them, as otherwise we would need to rope in a second calc group member. In the face of no alternatives, however, I could take some whacks and see if I can harass Armor or DMUA.

So, I've been spending the past month looking at all of the potential calcs we could use, and unfortunately, most seem to be unusable or supporting feats, so here's what I've come up with:

The Beheaded survives the collapse of Dracula's Castle:
Feat type: Speed
Link
This feat seems to be unusable because we don't know where exactly The Beheaded was when they were beginning to escape and the shot of the castle that we're shown doesn't cover the entire castle.

The Queen destroys a ship from far away:
Feat type: Speed
Link
This feat probably isn't usable because we don't know when The Queen swung her sword. She could have started the slash three seconds or three days ago for all we know.

The Beheaded shatters an unstable stone floor:
Feat type: Attack Potency
Link
Not much to say here other than that the floor is already cracked anyway.

The Beheaded shatters a damaged solid gold door:
Feat type: Attack Potency
Link
This feat probably isn't that noteworthy because A: the door is already heavily damaged beforehand, and B: it takes multiple attacks to break it.

And finally, for the only feat that brings something new to the table:

The Beheaded's true form breaks out of a pile of rubble:
Feat type: Lifting Strength
Link
Yep. That's literally it. The only genuinely helpful feat. Whoop-dee-doo.

With all of this in mind, I think I'll be ready to complete The Beheaded's new profile soon, though I'm definitely going to need some advice on how to actually do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back