• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Lucifer Abilities

No one talked about overvoid tbh, at least I don't see any term in that panels lol?

No one claimed it is a feat, it is a statement which may be a true or false, which suffice the attributes of a possibly rating.
So we're going to add one "possibly" ability to a character for one vegue statement that can mean multiple things? Do whatever you want.

alr then what about the ability where he destroyed the mansion of silence just by standing?
i was thinking passive existence erasure or passive environmental destruction
Mansion of silence qualifies for ppssibly Low 1-C (contains several creations and universes inside mirrors in the mansion of silence and bigger than 2-A with enough context qualifies for Low 1-C )and I'd take it as AP than ability since if he does actually have passive EE, everyone who has been in contact with him would have been erased so I disagree with him having passive EE.

Mansion of silence qualifies for ppssibly Low 1-C (contains several creations and universes inside mirrors in the mansion of silence and bigger than 2-A with enough context qualifies for Low 1-C )and I'd take it as AP than ability since if he does actually have passive EE, everyone who has been in contact with him would have been erased so I disagree with him having passive EE.
It is more like the Mansions not being able to handle the presence of a being of Lucifer's caliber. Certainly not a passive ability. Elaine describes it as:
"There is too much power. Its like my will is the sun, my mind is the magnifying glass, and the Universe is an ant. If I focus too hard--"

Plus Lucifer stating it's not powerful enough to handle his presence also prove it wasn't EE.
Even Mazikeen said it can't handle Lucifer.

would it still work as environmental destruction and not ee-
i dont think it would be combat applicable tho

ah shit that contradicts non existent physiology
I think there's more evidence it has NEP, like these-
image.png
image.png

Snyder is neither the author of Lucifer nor the author of the Overvoid. He cannot confirm something like that. And I also get the weird feeling like this is probably another "ImaginaryAxis said it, Snyder said yeah" kind of situation.

Snyder didn't create the Overvoid, but he did write plenty of stories about it. In fact, he referenced the Overvoid, in the comics, more than Morrison himself.

Good for him. He didn't write the story of Lucifer involving the void, he cannot determine it's meaning. And, again, if this is something a youtuber said that he simply agreed to, then it especially doesn't count.

Good for him. He didn't write the story of Lucifer involving the void, he cannot determine it's meaning. And, again, if this is something a youtuber said that he simply agreed to, then it especially doesn't count.
That is correct, yes.

May I ask why agreeing with a youtuber does not count?
Good grief. It is painfully obvious why that doesn't count.

According to this admin, WoG statements that result from leading questions are disregarded. A "yeah" in response to one of Tyler's personal conjecture is not evidence. Stop trying to use it, this isn't the first time.

Snyder is neither the author of Lucifer nor the author of the Overvoid. He cannot confirm something like that. And I also get the weird feeling like this is probably another "ImaginaryAxis said it, Snyder said yeah" kind of situation.
THEY'RE DIFFERENT AUTHORS, BUT DIFFERENT AUTHORS MAKE UP THE LORE + IT JUST FITS, LUCIFER'S VOID IS THE VOID WHERE CREATIONS EXIST, SIMILAR TO OVERVOID.

THEY'RE DIFFERENT AUTHORS, BUT DIFFERENT AUTHORS MAKE UP THE LORE
That doesn't mean that they can impose their opinions upon comics they didn't write. However, this is moot, since Snyder never said such a thing, ImaginaryAxis did.

IT JUST FITS, LUCIFER'S VOID IS THE VOID WHERE CREATIONS EXIST, SIMILAR TO OVERVOID.
This is irrelevant to whether or not Snyder's ImaginaryAxis' statement is evidence. It isn't.

Good grief. It is painfully obvious why that doesn't count.

According to this admin, WoG statements that result from leading questions are disregarded. A "yeah" in response to one of Tyler's personal conjecture is not evidence. Stop trying to use it, this isn't the first time.
Except Snyder neither said "yeah" nor did Tyler ask a leading question. Tyler made a statement that Lucifer flew through the Overvoid and Snyder said "right".

Except Snyder neither said "yeah" nor did Tyler ask a leading question. Tyler made a statement that Lucifer flew through the Overvoid and Snyder said "right".
Are you intentionally attempting to misunderstand? None of the important elements of what I said are contradicted by those details. It doesn't matter if the word was "yeah" or "right" and it doesn't matter whether it's a question or a statement. An author saying "right" to something a non-author said is not evidence whatsoever.

It will never be accepted as evidence here, as multiple staff members have confirmed.

We have rules against social media questions that receive brief nods of noncommittal agreement from an author, and as Deagonx said, this was not even the same author in charge of the relevant stories.

Yes this is great, but it wouldn't get rid of Lucifer's possible rating for nep. thought this might remove it
main-qimg-737efd8a45fc758ce35ffaabd40cf745-lq

Angels have no real form. They are shapeless and formless essences
Wouldn't that just mean abstraction like Lucifer being Will?

Are you intentionally attempting to misunderstand? None of the important elements of what I said are contradicted by those details. It doesn't matter if the word was "yeah" or "right" and it doesn't matter whether it's a question or a statement. An author saying "right" to something a non-author said is not evidence whatsoever.

Why doesn't it matter if it's a question or a statement?

Back