• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics: Follow-ups - Earth-33 (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, i assume you are noticing a pattern with my threads. The other one is going unfathomably slow, so i decided to start this one anyways.

The mission of this specific thread is very simple, its not to establish any upgrade or any dimensional transcendence of any sorts, its simply acknowledging the uniqueness of Earth-33 to all universes in the Orrery, which has nothing to do with upgrading anything.

Earth-33 is intended to represent our own world inside the cosmology of DC. Grant Morrison made it, and its the source of alot of the villainy stuff that happens in Multiversity.
Pretty consistent theme in the comics, considering Earth-33 is viewed as a world without any superheros, and is constantly treated as the real world, this shouldn't be the controversial part, everyone knows this. What is important though, is exactly what Grant considers the Real World as in his cosmology, it has been made very clear that he attributes the Real world to a structure within his Hypertime model named “Cubetime"

Refer to this:
And of course, in an interview regarding Multiversity, Grant mentions Cubetime (Earth-33 in this new context) once again. calling it a Universe beyond the “Second Dimension" (where all of these fictions reside)
All of the above is very consistent with the cosmology for one specific reason. The Gentry (and the Empty Hand)

In Multiversity, the origin of the Gentry is made very clear, it is stated numerous times that The Gentry originated from Outside of The Multiverse entirely:
Heres the problem, at the end of Multiversity the actual origin place of The Empty Hand and The Gentry is made very clear, The Gentry and The Empty Hand originated from Earth-33, which if you haven't caught on yet, is stated to be a Higher Order Reality in the previous scans:
This idea is very much consistent, Grant Morrison actually already confirmed all of this, The nature of the Gentry and EH are made pretty clear, EH and TG are pretty much products of the readers and critics inside Earth-33.
Why is Earth-33 exterior to the Multiverse? The Fictive Membrane, it separates the real world from The Multiverse:
Earth-33 specifically, is far more special then other Earths, every single Earth is influenced by Earth-33s authors specifically, with the Multiverse being powered by the creative power channeled across the Pan-dimensional Rock of Eternity from the Real world (Absolute Multiversity) an idea already brought up in Multiversity, that Earth-33 influences the existence of all other worlds

So what am i waffling about?
So yep, long ass post for a pretty simple premise (i keep lying to myself, this shit is almost always never simple in this godforsaken verse).

Earth-33 is not a part of the usual order of the Multiverse, it clearly influences all other worlds from outside of the Multiverse. I am not looking for any tier upgrades, i am moreso just attempting to acknowledge the fact that Earth-33 is definitely not just another earth alongside all the others, its not interpreted this way in the comics, its not interpreted this way in the interviews, and its not interpreted this way on the AM appendix.

With the Bleedspace thread, innocent ol' me did indeed believe that it was going to go very easily and simple, so lets not do that again. Lets make paragraphs from the first two messages.

Big note: Do not mention any tier related changes. This thread has nothing to do with upgrading anything, it simply acknowledges that Location A is not located in Location B, but is located in Location C instead. Keep it that way please.

The Gentry and The Empty Hand originated from Earth-33,
Also, this is wrong. The scan you're referring to says they used a comic to invade the multiverse, which means we know they came from Earth-33. That's not them saying that their place of birth/origin location is Earth-33, they're saying they know their access point was Earth-33 because they used a comic book. We know Earth-33 isn't outside the multiverse. It's on the map.

I disagree. Earth-33 is quite definitively within the Orrery alongside the other universes.
It is. Never said its not.

I am simply acknowledging that its not a part of the order of the Multiverse. You haven't even brought a single whiff of evidence to debunk the dump of proof above, simply saying you “disagree" is very confusing.

Thats not even mentioning the fact that the Email Grant sent to Rian Hughes to start making an illustration on the Multiversity map very clearly distinguished Earth-33 from other Earths, but that Rian clearly went with simply putting it alongside other Earths.

The fictive membrane that surrounds Earth-33 is not an R>F layer.
Im starting to get the Maou Gakuin struggle now honestly.

The mission of this specific thread is very simple, its not to establish any upgrade or any dimensional transcendence
which has nothing to do with upgrading anything.
Big note: Do not mention any tier related changes. This thread has nothing to do with upgrading anything, it simply acknowledges that Location A is not located in Location B, but is located in Location C instead. Keep it that way please.

Also, this is wrong. The scan you're referring to says they used a comic to invade the multiverse, which means we know they came from Earth-33. That's not them saying that their place of birth/origin location is Earth-33, they're saying they know their access point was Earth-33 because they used a comic book.
Would have been an actual solid argument, if Grant didn't say that the Gentry weren't the representations of nihilism, anti-human hate, ignorance, greed and stupidity from the Real world. And of course, that the Empty Hand isn't the literal hand of the reader.

Which of course implies that they did originate from Earth-33.

And eitherway, most of the scans above does not speak of their origin, but of the place they came from at the time. Which you yourself just agreed to be Earth-33.

We know Earth-33 isn't outside the multiverse. It's on the map.
You know what else is “on the map"? The Rock of Eternity and Wonderworld. Dispite both of them being explicitly outside of space and time, as well as the regular 52 worlds.

It being on the map is completely meaningless.

Now Deagon, i am going to give you a chance to read the thread, take your time, take a breath, maybe drink some water, and respond again. No need to rush out responses.

I am personally fine with Deagonx's conclusions here.
Ant, i am sorry brother, i have always known you as a very busy individual. I genuinely wanted to ask, do you even read these threads? Like, closely examine them?

Im starting to get the Maou Gakuin struggle now honestly.
The mission of this specific thread is very simple, its not to establish any upgrade or any dimensional transcendence
which has nothing to do with upgrading anything.
So uhhh….… what’s the point of the thread then? A CRT is a content revision thread. Emphasis on content revision. How would this thread be reflected on any profiles?

You say “to establish that Earth-33 is unique,” and then deny @Deagonx ‘s claim that your trying to prove r> (And it kinda does seem like that lol) but if that’s not your intention, I’m confused on what is it you would like to change about the profiles.

So uhhh….… what’s the point of the thread then? A CRT is a content revision thread. Emphasis on content revision. How would this thread be reflected on any profiles?
Yeah, that's the other thing. If this isn't attempting to change a profile then what purpose does this serve? If he agrees it's an earth inside of the Orrery, but surrounded by a fictive membrane, then that's already accepted.

You say “to establish that Earth-33 is unique,” and then deny @Deagonx ‘s claim that your trying to prove r> (And it kinda does seem like that lol) but if that’s not your intention, I’m confused on what is it you would like to change about the profiles.
It's 100% about that, I assume he had the idea of trying to CRT this detail in isolation to try and mount a later R>F CRT.

Also, indirectly the Gentry we're responsible for the creation of the Ultra Comics. They more so came from everything “unnatural.” In the most recent comics, they were there feeding on Pre-Crisis Multiverse before it was fully destroyed.

Anyway, I don't see what this thread is trying to prove. Earth-33 is unique in what way? That's our world? Deagonx’s statement seems feasible to me.

If he agrees it's an earth inside of the Orrery, but surrounded by a fictive membrane, then that's already accepted.
It is not accepted. I dont know if you remember or not but the whole reason why Earth-33 is not seen as anything special, is specifically due to people thinking its just an ordinary Earth between other Earths. This thread wants to cover this notion, and why its incorrect.

However, you think its accepted already? If so, then this thread can probably be closed.

Anyway, I don't see what this thread is trying to prove. Earth-33 is unique in what way? That's our world? Deagonx’s statement seems feasible to me.
That it exists on top of universes, in a higher order reality. And is seen as “Outside" of the Multiverse by entities within the Multiverse.

That it exists on top of universes, in a higher order reality. And is seen as “Outside" of the Multiverse by entities within the Multiverse.
We see it exist with the other Earths. All are confined within the Orrery and not above it.

Your last two points are counterintuitive to each other.

I dont know if you remember or not but the whole reason why Earth-33 is not seen as anything special, is specifically due to people thinking its just an ordinary Earth between other Earths
The cosmology blog says this:

Many of Morrison's works examine the relationship between reality and fiction, sometimes metaphorically and other times literally. Grant Morrison's idea is that all universes are interconnected together by comic books[10] that compile data from each reality of the local multiverse and are intimately linked to a simulation of the real world[11] with regard to Earth-Prime aka Earth-33, which dictates the reality of the other worlds of the Multiverse.[12] Earth-33 distincts from the other universes due to the "Fictive Membrane."[13] Unlike the other universes, Earth-33 lacks superheroes, except for a single 'superhero' who is a comic book itself, Ultra Comics.

We see it exist with the other Earths. All are confined within the Orrery and not above it.
If “Orrery" here is in reference to the entire Multiversal structure at the middle of the Multiversity map (i.e including Wonderworld, the Rock of Eternity, ect..) Then i obviously agree, i do however disagree that Earth-33 is alongside these Earths, however outside of all of them, and likely outside the Multiverse (as in the 51 Earths)

The cosmology blog says this:

Many of Morrison's works examine the relationship between reality and fiction, sometimes metaphorically and other times literally. Grant Morrison's idea is that all universes are interconnected together by comic books[10] that compile data from each reality of the local multiverse and are intimately linked to a simulation of the real world[11] with regard to Earth-Prime aka Earth-33, which dictates the reality of the other worlds of the Multiverse.[12] Earth-33 distincts from the other universes due to the "Fictive Membrane."[13] Unlike the other universes, Earth-33 lacks superheroes, except for a single 'superhero' who is a comic book itself, Ultra Comics.
Yep, here is what i am proposing though, its not just a unique Earth that influences the Multiverse. However, an Earth outside of the Multiverse (as in the 51 worlds, read my response to Goofy)

And as far as my knowledge goes, it doesn't seem like this is accepted by people. As this was literally the main reason why R>F was rejected in this thread

However, an Earth outside of the Multiverse (as in the 51 worlds, read my response to Goofy)
If “Orrery" here is in reference to the entire Multiversal structure at the middle of the Multiversity map (i.e including Wonderworld, the Rock of Eternity, ect..) Then i obviously agree, i do however disagree that Earth-33 is alongside these Earths, however outside of all of them, and likely outside the Multiverse (as in the 51 Earths)
The only difference is the fictive membrane. Aside from that, it is quite literally just another earth in the Orrery alongside the other earths.

52 piles of earth and it's considered 33 and it's pretty obvious it's with them. The Map doesn't show it being any different other than not having heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back