• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics AP revision (Why certain feats literally can't ever be used, honestly probably closer to a rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ion is the embodiment of everyone in the universe's willpower. Hal is in that universe. As such, Ion has Hal's willpower.
You have not shown any scans, which are important to determine specific phrasing and meaning.

Is Ion from the same universe as Hal?

Okay and? Overpowering the concept of will with will isn't an anti feat, also it's not the first time something that seems impossible is done:
And we have characters soulhaxing soulless people. Mindhaxing mindless people and objects. Death haxing people who lack the concept of death.
^overpowering will with will isn't new

The fact we have people on here that index, make CRTs and do anything for Instant Death on here means they do take it seriously. Also even if people don't take it seriously, it doesn't invalidate feats and statements from the verse

The fact we have people on here that index, make CRTs and do anything for Instant Death on here means they do take it seriously. Also even if people don't take it seriously, it doesn't invalidate feats and statements from the verse
I should have used crossed-out text, evidently.

Long story short Instant Death is it's own can of worms that I'm not touching with a ten foot pole. This CRT isn't about instant death. And honestly, we probably shouldn't count feats like that anyways, or at least not unless there's an explanation. Yogiri is apparently a higher dimensional being or something. This is like if Yogiri used Instant Death on his own source of power.

I said scans, not wiki pages.

I'm just saying, I know you're not supposed to need to prove a negative or whatever, but unless you can prove otherwise I really don't think I'll take your word over a heavily moderated wiki. At least not without scans of your own.

Well, you haven't really provided any solid, direct proof, and I didn't gain the ability to prove a negative within the last 10 minutes.

In fact, reading the sections you linked, it's just a wall of text that doesn't seem to have anything to do with what I just asked. It just describes the plot and how Hal has to go find something before the villain gets to it. In a cruelly humorous fashion, neither even have any citations to the comic book chapters themselves.

Look, I get it, maybe you don't want to do a deep dive into an over decade old comic storyline just to make a statement on the internet, but, if so, can you please just lay off and not go into a violent rant about a verse neither of us are that interested in anyways?

Well, you haven't really provided any solid, direct proof, and I didn't gain the ability to prove a negative within the last 10 minutes.

In fact, reading the sections you linked, it's just a wall of text that doesn't seem to have anything to do with what I just asked. It just describes the plot and how Hal has to go find something before the villain gets to it. In a cruelly humorous fashion, neither even have any citations to the comic book chapters themselves.

Look, I get it, maybe you don't want to do a deep dive into an over decade old comic storyline just to make a statement on the internet, but, if so, can you please just lay off and not go into a violent rant about a verse neither of us are that interested in anyways?
I'm trying not to go into a violent rant. In fact, I'd like to think I've been being quite civil this whole time. This thread, not the stuff on the Death Battle Discussion Thread, I honestly was probably going a bit far there.

Well, this thread is stupid, so, why can't I say stupid things now?
1-no characters should be FTL, since, Physic doesnt allow
2-humans flying? LOL NO, THEY DON'T HAVE WINGS, EVEN IF THEY DO, THEY ARE TOO HEAVY
3-Superpower? What is it?
4-What is a concept? it doesnt exist, we can't see it

I'm trying not to go into a violent rant. In fact, I'd like to think I've been being quite civil this whole time. This thread, not the stuff on the Death Battle Discussion Thread, I honestly was probably going a bit far there.
But this isn't a place for rant you can go to reddit.

But this isn't a place for rant you can go to reddit.
I just said I'm trying not to rant. I'm trying to spead how a feat is invalid. Anyways, Reddit's fun sometimes, but it's an echo chamber in there. If I honestly thought I could get anything done on Reddit do you really think I'd be here?
Well, this thread is stupid, so, why can't I say stupid things now?
1-no characters should be FTL, since, Physic doesnt allow
2-humans flying? LOL NO, THEY DON'T HAVE WINGS, EVEN IF THEY DO, THEY ARE TOO HEAVY
3-Superpower? What is it?
4-What is a concept? it doesnt exist, we can't see it
The first one is physics, the second one is biology and physics, I don't even know what the third one is supposed to mean and the fourth is a fallacy. This is about Logic. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear.

I just said I'm trying not to rant. I'm trying to spead how a feat is invalid. Anyways, Reddit's fun sometimes, but it's an echo chamber in there. If I honestly thought I could get anything done on Reddit do you really think I'd be here?

The first one is physics, the second one is biology and physics, I don't even know what the third one is supposed to mean and the fourth is a fallacy. This is about Logic. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear.
Which fiction constantly break all these points of IRL logic, they are fiction, to pure fun, if the characters can outrun the speed force or some ****, he can, he is a fictional character and the author/writer can do anything that he wants

Also is Hal defeating the embodiment of will really THAT absurd? If you want absurdity I can point to the SCP verse if you want absurdity.
SCP 682 has outright resisted narrative based hax on quite a number of occasions trying to harm, kill or erase it even though logically it's impossible for fiction to resist the story being used against it. Now look, Hal defeating the embodiment of will can be contested and be considered an outlier which it is on here but judging it just based on it being logical or not is pretty piss poor especially when dealing with fiction

Which fiction constantly break all these points of IRL logic, they are fiction, to pure fun, if the characters can outrun the speed force or some ****, he can, he is a fictional character and the author/writer can do anything that he wants
Debate is founded on logic, and as such is the one thing we can't throw away when debating, even about fiction.
Also is Hal defeating the embodiment of will really THAT absurd? If you want absurdity I can point to the SCP verse if you want absurdity.
SCP 682 has outright resisted narrative based hax on quite a number of occasions trying to harm, kill or erase it even though logically it's impossible for fiction to resist the story being used against it. Now look, Hal defeating the embodiment of will can be contested and be considered an outlier which it is on here but judging it just based on it being logical or not is pretty piss poor especially when dealing with fiction
This is like 682 killing the source of it's powers using those same powers, and said source also gave it's powers to every other anomaly. 682 just has good resistances, he isn't breaking logic itself.

Debate is founded on logic, and as such is the one thing we can't throw away when debating, even about fiction.
And there has characters who break logic itself, what are you going to do? you will cry or something? Fiction is Fiction and the author can do literally everything that he wants

And there has characters who break logic itself, what are you going to do? you will cry or something? Fiction is Fiction and the author can do literally everything that he wants
"...what are you going to do? you will cry or something?"

At least I'm being mature about this and honestly trying to answer arguments to the best of my ability despite my lack of expertise and imperfections, and not resorting to teasing the people I disagree with like you are.

"...what are you going to do? you will cry or something?"

At least I'm being mature about this and honestly trying to answer arguments to the best of my ability despite my lack of expertise and imperfections, and not resorting to teasing the people I disagree with like you are.
You pretty much aren't, you are literally saying that some things in fiction aren't logical and can't be applied, but fiction is the main place of ilogical things.

That's not my point, I'm reffering to an example of something that's not logically possible but it happens anyway because fiction.
Anyways I'm gonna request this thread's closure, no need to keep it open in case a flame war happens.

Yeah, honestly that's a good idea. I mostly wanted to get the topic out there so people are aware of it. I've honestly spent too much time on this. I need to make myself dinner and finish my math. Night, everyone.

I mean, we have characters who are a living contradiction. Shit, stuff like Nonexistent physiology is absurd, and yet we have it.

Soulhaxing soulless characters is a thing, I believe we had a digimon soul stealing a soulless person.

It doesn't make sense, we get it. But it's fiction.

Anyways, its best we close this shitfest.

I am openly admitting that this is partly spite. Not to mention this isn't even supposed to do anything it's just to make sure certain feats aren't counted in the future. This CRT will only be important if our rules loosen up and DC heralds can be above 4-B.
Well that won’t happen so...

Man, this thread is ridiculous. Like, it's like OP just can't fathom a feat and therefore it can't be possible. This is the sort of stuff I'd expect on Reddit.

Anyway, someone close this. Not one person has agreed with OP and this won't go anywhere.

We literally already agreed to close this, you don't need to insult me when you haven't even been participating in the conversation.

For the record, I understand where The_Smashor is coming from, and sympathise with his frustration.

It is one thing that fiction usually completely breaks the laws of physics, and quite another to completely abandon all pretenses of coherent internal story logic to the point that there is no up and no down, and everything is jumbled together into a dadaistic incoherent mess of irrational psychedelic poor storytelling, where 1+1=fish (to quote The Fairly OddParents), as is the case with Marvel and DC Comics to an almost unmatched degree. He doesn't deserve scorn and ridicule for eventually growing frustrated due to vainly trying to make sense of settings where there is no sense to be found.

That said, this is not a content revisions thread, just a rant, so it should preferably remain closed. It is possible that we should expand a bit on our explanation page for the mechanics of these verses though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back