• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put those in a blog first, we can't use em if they don't get eval'd in blog format.

Well I blogged it, whether we use it or not, shrug. For others to decide, I'm neutral and don't much care either way.

Fyi if you have any more crater feats that would use compression/pulv (like the batman wall slam feat, or the harley slade slam, etc), post those, they tend to be easy low 9-A feats almost every time as long as they're even slightly big or deep. Would help add to the pile and consistency.

Fyi if you have any more crater feats that would use compression/pulv (like the batman wall slam feat, or the harley slade slam, etc), post those, they tend to be easy low 9-A feats almost every time as long as they're even slightly big or deep. Would help add to the pile and consistency.
I only have the Infinite Frontier one I showed a few minutes earlier atm

Unfortunate, Ill keep going through respect threads to see if I can find any other easy impact feats to add to the pile.

Now to calculate the power of the explosion. Fortunately, it left a crater behind so we have everything we need.

Door height(yellow line)=17.55 pixels. An average door has a height of 203.2cm, so 203.2/17.55=11.578347578347577

Length of the crater= 750 pixels. 750*11.578347578347577= 8683.760683760682cm

Width of the crater= 160 pixels. 160*11.578347578347577= 1852.5356125356122cm

As per the second panel, the depth seems to be about the same as Boomerang's arm. Arm length is 44% of total body height. Boomerang is 175cm tall, so 0.44*175=77cm

Volume= 77*1852.5356125356122*8683.760683760682= 1238697145.6400511cc.

Feat looks like v.frag of concrete, which has a value of 17. So 17*1238697145.6400511= 21057851475.88087 Joules= 5.0329472934706 tons of TNT.

Time for ISL.

I= 5.0329472934706/4π(2.1540357344327563*2.1540357344327563)=0.08631906169057525 tons of TNT.

Time for CA. Boomerang is 167 lbs and 1.75 metres. Dumping the values here, we get a surface area of 1.92 m^2. We need the cross-sectional area, which is usually 40-50% that of total surface area. I will take the sweet spot of 45%. 0.45 × 1.92=0.864.

0.864*0.08631906169057525=0.07457966930065701 tons of TNT

Small Building Level

Not 8-C as I hoped but adds consistency to 9-A and supports 8-C since Boomerang wasn't all that hurt.

m6yv.png
Ok so I redid this calc in a blog and I got way lower results. Still 9-A fortunately tho

Hmm yeah I wouldn’t say that makes him stronger inherently tbh

his feats seem almost exactly where they were before so I’d just say it refers to him having those lived experiences

Hmm yeah I wouldn’t say that makes him stronger inherently tbh

his feats seem almost exactly where they were before so I’d just say it refers to him having those lived experiences
Not sure what the wiki currently accepts but ig we can calc IF feats then, and see if they can be used. Even if they can't, they can be used in the future for potential IF profiles/keys.

I’d personally just use them; I definitely think Bruce needs a key for his Post-Superheavy stuff but that seems rejected

If there's IF feats anyway has, you should post em anyway.
May as well look at them, if only for future reference even if can't scale. (The If feat posted above isn't worth calcing fyi, just 9-B, so something besides that).

Would IF Batman be stronger?
Oh wait is that steel he gets slammed into in the first shot? If so how thick is it? If that's a steel wall it would be 9-A. I did a similar feat recently and got low 9-A and that might be higher.

Not sure, I’d have to read the comic to check out

I’d also ask if anyone knows of any feats for characters from IF we don’t know about

Mainly the current feats we have just need to be evaluated. Other than that, @KLOL506 is currently calcing the tripwire feat and doing ISL part of the boat feat.
Okay. If you list them, I can send a notification to some calc group members that are interested in this verse.

Also, Armorchompy, you are currently simultaneously listed as a supporter, neutral, and opponent in our DC Comics verse page. If you have conflicted feelings depending on the era, just stick with neutral as I did.

That sub feat could be really good, the issue is it doesn't exactly show if he did it in one attack, or multiple.

Oh the explosion is likely doable, but it looks like he didn't get engulfed, merely pushed away, of course that's still tanking overpressure, but then there's the issue of water which would complicate actually calculating it given it wouldn't be the same as being near a blast on land for example.
Probably to much effort for what's probably gonna end up not a very high feat given how far he was, water being a factor, etc.

For that, if you find the distance between Bats/Owl and the furthest bomb, that would work, I say furthest because that makes it so we know the feat is, in reality, higher than that as some would be closer, not all the same furthest distance so it'd serve as a baseline minimum.
(Calcing the actual blast itself is easy, we just need to know the distance).

Oh the explosion is likely doable, but it looks like he didn't get engulfed, merely pushed away, of course that's still tanking overpressure, but then there's the issue of water which would complicate actually calculating it given it wouldn't be the same as being near a blast on land for example.
Probably to much effort for what's probably gonna end up not a very high feat given how far he was, water being a factor, etc.
Apparently the blast effects would be even more extreme underwater as Kep once said. Or really, a quick google search would tell you that the pressure would be even more extreme underwater due to water's incompressibility.

Screenshot_20220813-161829__01.jpg

By default we use the surface formula for underwater explosions.

Aren't underwater explosions more potent?
Yeah

For that, if you find the distance between Bats/Owl and the furthest bomb, that would work, I say furthest because that makes it so we know the feat is, in reality, higher than that as some would be closer, not all the same furthest distance so it'd serve as a baseline minimum.
(Calcing the actual blast itself is easy, we just need to know the distance).
Some bombs might exist beyond the walls so we can't see them but I will try to use the farthest bomb we can see.

Last edited:
Apparently the blast effects would be even more extreme underwater as Kep once said. Or really, a quick google search would tell you that the pressure would be even more extreme underwater due to water's incompressibility.

Screenshot_20220813-161829__01.jpg
Yeah, so we can use the surface formula as a lowball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back