• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the list of calculations for a potential upgrade?

I did calculate a bunch of Tier 8 range feats for DC street tiers a while ago, but a kinda general unspoken rule is that explosions are not very reliable for tiering comic characters.
The accepted calculations are in the OP. The ones needing evaluation are listed here:

For another feat to calc here’s Heat Wave and Trickster surviving an explosion (source is The Flash Vol 4 #52):

Imo “9-A, likely/possibly 8-C” should be fine based on the accepted calcs collected in the OP so far. Anything’s better than the current rating that’s for sure. For another supporting feat there’s an accepted calc of Slade tanking a 9-A explosion and coming out unharmed.

For reference here's a bunch I did before when researching a potential Tier 8 upgrade (a lot of them are explosions which are iffy though). Bulk calculated so probably gonna be some mistakes in there.

Well that's Post-Crisis while this thread is for Post-Flashpoint, but maybe if we want we can discuss PC after PF? Also btw can you evaluate those feats? There's already about 10 pending and considering more feats are getting calced, they might get upto 15 lol.

Deathstroke and Hawkman tanks an explosion that took out a few floors

That guy's head= 27px= 0.23m. 0.23/27= 0.008518518518518519

Height= 376px. 376*0.008518518518518519= 3.202962962962963m

Length= 780px= 780*0.008518518518518519=6.644444444444445m

Width= 546px= 546*0.008518518518518519= 4.651111111111112m

Volume= 4.651111111111112*6.644444444444445*3.202962962962963= 98.98452557841794m^3= 98984525.578417941928cc

This looks like a v.frag of bricks. So 98984525.578417941928*19.25= 1905452117.3845453 Joules= 0.45541398599057 tons of TNT.

Building Level

0haha.jpg

Last edited:
So have all of the in-thread calculations here been copied to VSB wiki blogs already?

Also, how many accepted 8-C feats do we have available at this point?

All of the accepted ones have, yes. I didn't add some of the pending calcs to blogs, since I think it would be better to do so after someone accepts it.
Well, it is much preferable if you post them in blog posts first, and then link to them from here, as all blog post calculations need to be officially accepted in their own comment sections before we can use them.
Accepted ones? 3
Okay, thank you, and how many 9-A relevant calculations have been accepted so far?

batman_kick.gif

I have arrived with like 20 methods of calcing the blast width, surpassing even Boros' in how many methods there was.
There was like 30 originally but some of the methods got pretty wacky results and one method was effort so I didn't include those versions of it.
Anyway
I can confirm, this is the most feat of all time.

batman_kick.gif

I have arrived with like 20 methods of calcing the blast width, surpassing even Boros' in how many methods there was.
There was like 30 originally but some of the methods got pretty wacky results and one method was effort so I didn't include those versions of it.
Anyway
Well DAMN that's impressive af
Screenshot_20220507-121419.jpg

Also fixed my few calc **** ups because I'm an idiot (tbh I'm just gonna blame shift, I just got the formula from another accepted calc).
Anyway we're at like, three 8-C feats? And seven 9-A feats I think.

And whatever we decide to go with for Owlman because **** if I know 🤷‍♂️
I have preferences but eh.

Which ones? I see that Hawkman and Slade one, what's the second?

There's that other Deathstroke missile feat, do you know the issue numbers? I wanna see if there's anything to scale off, might be an ok feat.

How good would be get crushed by a bell like here?

Detective Comics 962

9-B, probably not even that high into it, the depth isn't even half an arm's width deep, and the actual impact is only like 2/3'rs a torso and arm. Plus it's vfrag, not pulv.

batman_kick.gif

Anyway
Wrll, you need to post it in a blog if you want it evaluated.

Wrll, you need to post it in a blog if you want it evaluated.
Yeah.
I posted the methods first in a sandbox though so we can decide which one to use first, from there it's blogging time.

But deciding which method is best would be optimal so the blog isn't inflated with 20+ scalings that won't be used.

How good would be get crushed by a bell like here?

Detective Comics 962

Eh, find out the height of the bell for GPE and figure out if it slammed the dude into solid ground in order to scale to its full energy? I can't see the image because imgur keeps getting blocked in my country.

Ye this scales fully to durability and no room for linear momentum to work out.

Only problem is finding the Bell's size and mass. I guess you could reverse square-cube law this from a similarly-shaped-but-larger bell to find the smaller item's mass, find the height and do GPE then?

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be fine to stop calcing 9-A feats for now? I found a few more but I think we have already proved our point with it and the current ones haven't been evaluated so adding new ones to the pile, if the existing ones are not rejected, would likely only stretch this thread and make CGMs work harder.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be fine to stop calcing 9-A feats for now? I found a few more but I think we have already proved our point with it and the current ones haven't been evaluated so adding new ones to the pile, if the existing ones are not rejected, would likely only stretch this thread. and make CGMs work harder.
Yes, that seems like a good idea.

Wouldn't it be fine to stop calcing 9-A feats for now? I found a few more but I think we have already proved our point with it and the current ones haven't been evaluated so adding new ones to the pile, if the existing ones are not rejected, would likely only stretch this thread and make CGMs work harder.

In terms of what we should do while waiting, speed feats tend to be a tad complex and can be subject to lots of issues if we aren't careful, which is why I suggest Lifting Strength feats can be looked at just as a quick something to do, given calcing things like breaking chains, bending steel or just lifting big objects are quite easy (Slade lifts a slab of debris in the school feat for example) and this Batman in particular doesn't even have a LS listed. It isn't even a case of upgrade or downgrade, he actually needs one still. I'd even say doing that is even more important than the AP feats. Though we could just make a different thread for that as to not clutter this one.

speed feats tend to be a tad complex and can be subject to lots of issues if we aren't careful,
Yeah, I got a feat at Batman being over twice as fast as light and a former calc group member said it was aight. So clearly there's an issue. We should discuss LS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back