• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangerously based, but we gotta ask, is it consistent? Have you found any other corroborating feats?
Any other 8-C feat? No but there's not really anything contradicting it and there's only one feat(two if you count the one for AP) used for the current rating anyway.

Are you positive? Batman hasn't been consistently hurt by less? Batman hasn't struggled to do feats lower than this consistently? The same going for those he scales to constantly (Joker, Bane, etc). (Him struggling or getting hurt by less once in awhile is ok, it's comics it won't be consistent perfectly, but more often than not I mean).
While it's true the current profile only has one calc, it's also true there's way more obvious feats on that tier (In the court of owls run alone, there's like a dozen 9-B feats, ranging from Batman while half dead smashing dudes through walls among other things).

I'm not against 8-C, we just need to make sure it checks out first.

While it's true the current profile only has one calc, it's also true there's way more obvious feats on that tier (In the court of owls run alone, there's like a dozen 9-B feats, ranging from Batman while half dead smashing dudes through walls among other things).
The Court of Owls saga also had multitudes of better feats, like when an extremely weakened Batman survived an explosion that took down a tower in his fight with his brother. And check the feat you stated, Batman kicked the Talon through a wall casually while half-dead. That's certainly not against a higher rating.

Anyway I will look through some more feats tomorrow but most, if not all of Batman's 9-B feats were done casually, while he was heavily weakened, or both. Characters like Bane and Joker who scale to him largely depend on scaling instead of direct feats as well.

You missed my point, my point was while we only have one 9-B feat listed, there's a multitude of other feats obviously on that level, showing that, that rating is at least solid. I wasn't saying those feats counter 8-C, I was just explaining why just because we only had one 9-B calc, that it doesn't inherently make it ok we only have one 8-C calc. And that tower feat isn't 8-C, and that wall feat is only 9-B, though as mentioned he was half dead so obviously not a cap, I was just giving examples.

Yes, they scale to him via, well scaling, but they still scale to him. If they struggle with lower feats or get put on their ass via lower feats, they still cast scrutiny onto Bats.

But if you can find things to support this it would be all good imo, 8-C batman would be based as **** tbh.

I pretty much agree with what Chariot said, and I believe that one of the reasons that Post-Flashpoint was downgraded from 8-C in the past is because it wasn’t very consistent.

Thank you for the replies. This revision seems to likely have been rejected then.

Should a footnote explanation about this issue be added to Batman's page?

@Chariot190 Didn't you once find a badass feat for Luthor cratering the ground in human form that nobody ever got to?

Anyway, apparently some of my boys tell me submarine height is more reliable to use than length. Though I am not sure where you'd find proper full body Delfinen Sumbarine lengths.

Thank you for the replies. This revision seems to likely have been rejected then.

I feel that a footnote explanation is needed since the standard of outliner of a certain character is based on multiple feats and therefore note a outliner could be helpful in determining outliner and avoid unnecessarily repeating noting the same feat again and again.

Wasn't me but yeah, stuff like that works. A few of those and we'd have a solid tier foundation.
Edit: Lex getting blasted into the dirt after losing his god hax.
mans just tried to throw hands with a 1-A character huh

Anyway yeah, I think I have to disagree with 8-C too especially since the feat really ***** Batman up (and depending how you calc it could get even higher), if more feats on this level are found maybe? But from my experience with Post-Flashpoint lower levels of power are pretty consistent.

Tbh, I wouldn't say we should "reject" it. More so as saying "find some stuff to make it a bit more solid/consistent".
OP says he's gonna gather some more feats so we should wait till that at least, if he comes back and whips out a bunch of cool 9-A+ to 8-C feats from Bane, Lex, Deathstroke, Nightwing, and a few from Batman himself. It would be great.

I just feel given how comics work, a single high feat or two is bound to happen. And given how long the comic runs tend to be, they're usually filled with a far more consistent lower scale and like a few hundred anti-feats. But if more feats can be found and a good baseline and foundation for the tier made, I personally wouldn't have a issue, it's just having only one feat is a bit eh.

As for a footnote, idk, if someone rolls up with 20 9-A+ feats and like 8 8-C feats, I don't think we should go "nah the profile says you can't", because at that point they may have a point, hell I can almost guarantee something like low 9-A (0.005-0.02) is entirely possible based on a handful of feats I've seen over the years. Maybe if we add a note, we word so it says don't attempt to upgrade off a single or lone feats and examples.

Just my opinion tho, I just want an inkling of consistency, comics will never be perfect but I'm sure everyone gets what I mean.

I remember that Post-Flashpoint Batman is criminally underrated in terms of feats. There just isn't much to go around with him honestly.

I remember him also having a decent robot head-ripping feat but that never got added in.

Deathstroke had wayyyy too many potential tier 8 feats. So batman scaling to him is possible.

But upgrading batman means upgrading tons of characters, so preferably, more feats of that level needs to be calced.

Deathstroke is also kinda weird in that he's physically stronger than any other relevant street tier via actually having superhuman stats, things would be a lot smoother if some feats came from lower in the scaling chain.

Deathstroke is also kinda weird in that he's physically stronger than any other relevant street tier via actually having superhuman stats, things would be a lot smoother if some feats came from lower in the scaling chain.
Deathstroke is portrayed as much stronger in Teen Titans books than in Batman books

Deathstroke is a weird case because half the time, he's portrayed as being a lot stronger than Batman, but the other times he's portrayed as being his equal albeit slightly superior.

There already is a profile for the Teen Titans version of Slade which is a different continuity. Not sure how that is relevant to this thread specifically. This thread is for the post flashpoint continuity.

There already is a profile for the Teen Titans version of Slade which is a different continuity. Not sure how that is relevant to this thread specifically. This thread is for the post flashpoint continuity.
I thought that "Teen Titans" you previously mentioned is from comic, not animated series.

I agree with that an upgrade should be fine if we find more feats around this level.
So, do we have any other accepted calculations around this tier for Batman-level DC Comics characters?

Deathstroke is portrayed as much stronger in Teen Titans books than in Batman books
Yeah it's inconsistent. He's always a bit stronger than Bats though.
Teen Titans are a comic book too lol.

Yes, Teen Titans started as a comic book. The cartoon is very loosely based on the 1980s Marv Wolfman/George Perez version of it.

Deathstroke is a weird case because half the time, he's portrayed as being a lot stronger than Batman, but the other times he's portrayed as being his equal albeit slightly superior.
Most comics I have read have Deathstroke being at the very least comparable to Batman. But I've seen stuff where Batman is superior to him

Most comics I have read have Deathstroke being at the very least comparable to Batman. But I've seen stuff where Batman is superior to him
This is Post-Flashpoint we're talking about, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back