• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS/Goku Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Matt and others, ssg goku should just be 3-A, nothing was ever stated about space-time being destroyed, you can't extrapolate vacuum of nothingness which obviously means being devoid of all matter, to mean a void of non-existence.

Also you can't use the most powerful character in the series being able to do something as evidence that a weaker character can also do the same.

Also you can't scale ssg goku to beerus either since beerus was holding back a lot in that fight, you can't say he can't hold back infinetly either cause this is fiction, and authors don't take into account just how much more powerful one of their characters is tha of another.

Also with the castle and tree example it was made clear, ssg goku was nowhere near beerus's level.

I repeat that Whis initially compared the initial stages of Goku and Vegeta as deities to a small tree and showed the gap with Beerus Castle, which rappresent the gods of destructions [Which means Beerus held back a lot with SSG Goku], said gods can be easily oneshotted by the angels, who among them there is Whis, who said he could not keep up with the Grand Priest, who should be below Zen'o.

The tree literally doesn't matter when it's stated Beerus and Goku were both hitting each other with universal blows.

Yes it does. It shows that the Universal blows Beerus was hitting Goku with =/= His full power, which is Low 2-C via scaling from Infinite Zamasu.

@Unite Whis literally stated beerus didn't use his full power in the fight, and then again later compared goku and vegeta's power to that of a tree and beerus that of a castle, they aren't comparable at all, this is pretty obvious.

It seems like most of the staff agree with Dark649 and Matthew. Perhaps we should close this thread?

Re-opened briefly, because we never got to talk about the Saiyan ability, and whether or not this is a form of reactive evolution, or warrants the creation of a page "Adaptive power level".

Sorry Ant.

Possible New Abilities

Reactive Evolution (At least for Caulifla and Goku)- In the tournament time, Goku has been fighting while waiting to get back to full power for a minute. I'm not sure how one recovers while doing the very thing that made them weakened, but oh well.
Caulifa quickly closing the gapbetween her and Goku's skillset. Gets strongeras she fights. Goku also becomes more powerful the more he fights.
It aligns with the saiyan physiology, with saiyans getting stronger every time they fight, and becoming even stronger after healing from a beating. In 116, this was demonstrated again.
However in my old thread, SD and Ever suggested we create a new page for this ability, naming it Reactive Power Level.

Well, I do not mind a new page for reactive power level.

I also don't mind it. Reactive Evolution has a lot more uses than just strength, so it's appropriate to create a Reactive Power Level page.

I prefer Reactive Strength, though, because "power level" is a term that is only used in a few series, while "strength", "skill", "energy" and etc. is much more common.

Technically speaking "power level" is a term that can be universally applied to fiction, even if few series use it.

Effectiveness beats awesomeness.

"Reactive Strength" can be a redirect to "Reactive Power Level", methinks. It's probably better, too.

Reactive power level is more accurate, as reactive evolution means developing new types of powers in response to threats.

However, somebody has to write the page. Perhaps you could ask Reppuzan.

Enduring a real black hole is not quantifiable, as it should destroy everything. However, in fiction they recurrently have very different properties, which is also unquantifiable.

See here: Black Hole Feats in Fictio

So here's what I have for it:

Reactive Power Level is the ability to rapidly increase one's overall strength by engaging in combat, increasing one's overall strength in the midst of a fight. This ability can grant a significant edge in battle, as users can potentially strengthen themselves to match or exceed opponents that were previously on par with or more powerful than them. IT is important to avoid confusing this ability with Reactive Evolution, which allows one to develop new powers in response to the enemy's attacks. By contrast, Reactive Power Level does not grant any new abilities, only improving existing ones.

Users
Saiyans and Saiyan-Hybrids such as Son Goku, Vegeta, Son Goha, Son Gote, Trunks, Goku Black, Caulifla, Kale, and Kefla (Dragon Ball)

Hit (Dragon Ball)

Arcueid Brunestud (Nasuverse)

Weaknesses

• This ability is time-intensive and requires users to stay in combat. Hence it's useless if they are quickly overwhelmed and defeated.
  • An increase in overall strength does not necessarily protect users from abilities that ignore conventional durability, allowing such abilities to be used to defeat Reactive Power Level users.
I can't think of any other examples at the moment, but how does this look?

Antvasima said:
Enduring a real black hole is not quantifiable, as it should destroy everything. However, in fiction they recurrently have very different properties, which is also unquantifiable.
See her: Black Hole Feats in Fictio
I am noticing a lot and lot more people are disagreeing with these notions as of late.

@Unite

Personally, I prefer gifs.

Do you mind citing the episode you got that from so I can make a gif out of it?

@Matthew

Well, our page regarding the subject is still logically correct. We cannot scale from any type of black hole that lacks the real properties of one, and as far as I have understood, in reality they are able to destroy literally anything, even higher-dimensional structures, which makes them unquantifiable.

@Reppuzan

Thank you for the help. I suppose that somebody can add the ability to all appropriate Dragon Ball pages then.

Reppuzan said:
@Unite
Personally, I prefer gifs.

Do you mind citing the episode you got that from so I can make a gif out of it?
113/114. I can do the profiles when I wake up.

I disagree with giving Resistance to Black Hole since that did not behaved and looked like a true black hole.

Antvasima said:
@Matthew
Well, our page regarding the subject is still logically correct. We cannot scale from any type of black hole that lacks the real properties of one, and as far as I have understood, in reality they are able to destroy literally anything, even higher-dimensional structures, which makes them unquantifiable.
1. The DBS Black Hole has a lot of real life properties. You just tend to say that Black Holes in fiction "Don't behave at all like black holes" every time there's a black hole feat automatically.

2. Ever thoughts that in real life black Holes destroy everything because nothing has the durability to resist them? Or resistance to matter manipulation.

3. Higher-dimensional constructs? You mean things that don't even exist, and if they exist, are shrunk on a plank-length scale and are not at all like certain fictions and geometry say they are.

4. As for being unquantifiable, you can literally calculate the energy necessary to create a Black Hole, and to make a Black Hole collapse (And thus, to survive the collapsing if you are inside the black hole. This points at Black Holes being very much quantifiable.

Not really, but most quasars generate that energy normally. I imagine that collapsing a black hole (with hax, o'course) would be AT LEAST around that range.

@Matthew

Look, a supposed black hole that looks like a heart, does not suck people into it, and simply greatly increases gravity does not seem at all like the absolute matter-destroying infinite power singularity of the real world versions.

That said, you do have a point about real world dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back