• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS/Goku Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I suppose that I would not mind separating Son Goku's profile into DBZ and DBS pages, but it depends on what the rest of the staff thinks.

Its okay to separate them.

The same way we have a Link for Ocarina of time and another one for Majora's mask when both of them are the same Link.

Seems fine. Should cut down on cluttering of Gokus page. As for being repetitive that does not matter. What matters is having organised pages that people can read easier.

It also fits the theme of having Dragon ball Goku as a separate profile aswell.

It's 90% DBS and 10% DBZ. We've also had a key for every Goku up until DBZ, otherwise he'd probably have the longest profile on the wiki.

The profiles were only a fraction of the proposed changes.

@Glassman

They're all separated by series now

Have the new Son Goku pages been locked, and the links to his old profile been updated?

Antvasima said:
Have the new Son Goku pages been locked, and the links to his old profile been updated?
Yes, and the ones that link to DBZ/DBS Goku go to the disambiguation page, I would need most of the verse to be unlocked to complete that, so I have to wait for someone who's willing to do that for me.

Unite My Rice said:
In the meantime, we really need to discuss the BoG/Black Arc scaling.
I already made a blog about it, turning the universe into a void is 3-A also because space-time was not mentioned to be affected, original manga-super heaven, hell and etc. are not universe sized, it was proved to be as such only in the game and anime continuities.

Space-time wasn't mentioned to be affected.....did you read what I typed regarding the Black Arc? And regardless of what you believe the sizes of the universes to be (which nothing disproves, other than "anime"), that doesn't change the fact that Low 2-C = the destruction of the space time of one universe, whereas there is still another half of the universe that is the afterlife, and the kaioshin realm that exists outside of the universe.

Space-time isn't destroyed. Goku is 3-A. The Afterlife and the KAioshin Realm are still part of the universe. We've been through this before. That argument is meanignless.

Void of space = Empty space. Goku and Beerus would destroy the universe physically, leaving it as a void. Just because they use the word "void" doesn't mean a "Void of nonexistence". You need actual evidence it means that.

Also:

"Time flows differently in the afterlife".

First of all:

• 1 Day on Earth = 1 day in the Afterlife
  • Time clearly progresses in the Afterlife given you can progressively get stronger by training
  • Goku needed to rush through Snake Way
The ONLY thing that it means is that you don't feel the physical effects of the passage of time in the Afterlife, which is why Goku had such an effective training.

To be fair Matt, I find the "Goku needing to rush thing" a bit iffy.

He was rushing because in the human world, Gohan Krillin Piccolo and the others were on the brink of being killed by Vegeta and Nappa, so of course Goku would rush in to save them.

Other than that, agreeing with everything else.

Yeah, but it proves that "Time flowing differently in the Afterlife" is nonsense. It flows at exactly the same speed as in the mortal world.

The universe contains the afterlife and mortal universe. The former seemingly doesn't have time or it at least flows differently, while the latter is the same as a normal universe. The kaioshin realm exists outside of all that, even though they are all in the universal bubble. How does an attack that trascends the space-time of one universe to get to another not equate to space-time being destroyed, regardless of if only one has such properties?

Goku in Z says time flows differently in the afterlife, which means for Zeno to have erased an entire universe, he'd have to transcend the time space of the mortal universe to reach the afterlife/demon realm, and the Supreme Kai realm that resides outside of the universe given the DB map.
In addition to that, we see Infinite Zamasu beginning to creep through the distortio in time and space that Trunks created with his time machine (he never made it completely through), validated by Pilaf and crew standing in front of the void watching it, and Beerus and Whis feeling his energy, meaning Zeno also destroyed Zamasu who was connected to all of the Universe's time and space.
The reason I bring this up is because Beerus and Goku were hitting each other with blows that could destroy the universe, turning it into a void . Zeno turned future U7 into a void, and Zamasu gives evidence that he was attached to space time as well, and Zeno erased him.
Scaling-wise, this would make a lot of characters Low 2-C.
destroy the universe, turning it into a void

"Destroying the very universe"

"Their super power threatened to annihilate the universe itself"

"That power is capable of destroying the universe"

"It will turn into a vacuum made of nothingness"

"Power capable of destroying even the universe itself"

So, overwhelming evidence clearly shows the entire universe itself would be destroyed, not it's contents. There was evidence of Zamasu attempting to travel through a distortion in space-time, which among the statements of Zamasu literally becoming the universe, is evidence of the destruction of time and space.

Zamasu became the universe itself, and Zeno destroyed him, turning it into a void.

Elder Kai stated multiple times that the universe itself would be destroyed, with one statement saying it will be turned into a vacuum of nothingness.

So unless we're comparing two different works of fiction, I don't see how they're different.

? I don't even remember that happening. In either case, it just strikes me as a one-time oddity that is completely contradicted by everything else in the Manga.

"The universe contains the afterlife and mortal universe."

All part of one universe.

"The former seemingly doesn't have time or it at least flows differently, while the latter is the same as a normal universe."

Wrong, debunked. Time flows identically.

"The kaioshin realm exists outside of all that, even though they are all in the universal bubble."

Also part of the same universe.

"How does an attack that trascends the space-time of one universe to get to another not equate to space-time being destroyed, regardless of if only one has such properties?"

Because the whole universe shares the same larger space-time structure. The whole multiverse does, actually.

"It will turn into a vacuum made of nothingness"

This literally confirms that void = vacuum of space. Destroying the universe in BoG is 3-A. You are wanking the usage of the word "Void" to the highest possible interpretation.

"So, overwhelming evidence clearly shows the entire universe itself would be destroyed, not it's contents"

And? No proof of Low 2-C. It's a 3-A feat.

"There was evidence of Zamasu attempting to travel through a distortion in space-time, which among the statements of Zamasu literally becoming the universe, is evidence of the destruction of time and space."

This has literally nothing to do with BoG.

"Zamasu became the universe itself, and Zeno destroyed him, turning it into a void."

F*ck context amiright? The word "Void" can have multiple meanings and just because in one context it is space-time destruction doesn't mean it is in all cases.

"Elder Kai stated multiple times that the universe itself would be destroyed, with one statement saying it will be turned into a vacuum of nothingness."

Vacuum of nothingness = Vacuum of space devoid of any matter.

I am also 100% against giving everyone resistance to Existance Erasure, Petrification and etc just because a weaker Goku resisted. That's not how that works and there's multiple cases where that's demonstrably not how it works in DB.

Goku: "We must hurry. I probably only have an hour left before I have to go back."

Piccolo: "Nani tf? That can't be! There has to be still more time left!"

Goku: "It's because I used the super saiyan 3 earlier. It's something you can only use in the other world. If you use it in a place where time flows like Earth, it uses up way too much energy and exhausts you completely"

http://*********.com/Manga/Dragon-Ball/Chapter-476?id=261014#9

Then Baba comes and says Goku has only 30 minutes left.

So my question is, when Goku turned ssj3, 24 hours were reduced to 30 minutes, and the reason for it was given that time flows differently on Earth. Clearly, what should be 24 hours for the afterlife time, ended up being 30 minutes on Earth. So how can this be explained?

"Goku: "It's because I used the super saiyan 3 earlier. It's something you can only use in the other world. If you use it in a place where time flows like Earth, it uses up way too much energy and exhausts you completely"

The context of this is that in the Otherworld, you don't feel the physical effect of the passage of time, meaning you have endless stamina.

This is the exact reason to why Goku's training was so much more effective than Vegeta's. He never felt fatigue and could push himself to absurd limits with no fear of risk of death.

The 30 minutes left was because a lot of stuff had already happened since he reached Earth, like the Tournament. Anyway, this is more or less because Goku consumd most of the energy keeping him on Earth, which would naturally empty in 24 hours, by going Super Saiyan 3.

>All part of one universe.

Blatant disregard for the official cosmology of the universe noted.

>Wrong, debunked. Time flows identically.

Except Goku says otherwise, evidenced by SSJ3 practically wearing out his time on Earth, meanwhile he suggests it doesn't work so inefficiently in the afterlife, which you so conveniently dismissed as an outlier. Is there any evidence for "the physical passage of time" or is that just your running theory?

>Also part of the same universe.

This is the universe

>Because the whole universe shares the same larger space-time structure.

Prove it.

>This literally confirms that void = vacuum of space. Destroying the universe in BoG is 3-A. You are wanking the usage of the word "Void" to the highest possible interpretation.

4 statements suggesting otherwise makes this statement the epitome of an outlier. I knew this was literally the only sentence you would look at.

>This has literally nothing to do with BoG.

>And? No proof of Low 2-C. It's a 3-A feat.

>F*ck context amiright? The word "Void" can have multiple meanings and just because in one context it is space-time destruction doesn't mean it is in all cases.

Cherry picking and moving the goalposts. In one scene, the entire universe itself would be destroyed. In the other, the entire universe was destroyed. Not once has DB directly stated that time-space was destroyed, thus no such statement was ever used for an upgrade. There only two usages of the word "void". The third usage is the world of void, which we don't know how that got there.

"Blatant disregard for the official cosmology of the universe noted."

No, its true. The Human World, the Otherworld and the Kaioshin Realm are all part of a single universe, which is depicted in DBS as each universe is a giant sphere containing the Living World, the Otherworld and the Kaioshin Realm in it.

"Except Goku says otherwise, evidenced by SSJ3 practically wearing out his time on Earth, meanwhile he suggests it doesn't work so inefficiently in the afterlife, which you so conveniently dismissed as an outlier. Is there any evidence for "the physical passage of time" or is that just your running theory?"

I have already explained why that is. Goku can only effectively use SSJ3 in the Afterlife because you don't feel the physical passage of time there. Instead, in the living world, it depletes your energy rapidly. Goku only had 24 hours on Earth but using SSJ3 decreased it immensely because it depleted the energy that was keeping him on Earth.

"This is the universe"

Please, for the love of Kami-Sama, stop being blatantly dishonest and biased towards Dragon Ball. We never give people 2-C ratings simply due to the size of one universe, or because said universe is split into multiple phases or aspects. One universe is one universe, regardless of size or structure.

"Prove it."

The fact that time passes exactly at the same rate on the Mortal World, the Afterlife, and the Kaioshin Realm? The fact that each are in the same timeline? The fact that time moves identically in the entire multiverse, which is encompassed by the same structure?

Everything in the DB Cosmology has one space-time structure which is split into smaller levels. U7 as a whole is Universal.

"4 statements suggesting otherwise makes this statement the epitome of an outlier. I knew this was literally the only sentence you would look at."

Wrong. The other statements just say that the universe will be destroyed. This is the only one where it is elaborated. They would reduce the universe to a void akin to the void of space.

"Cherry picking and moving the goalposts"

You're the one who is cherry picking the void statements, and moving the goalpost.

"Not once has DB directly stated that time-space was destroyed, thus no such statement was ever used for an upgrade."

Objectively false. Zeno's power is explictely explained as capable of erasing things from existence and he one-shot a guy who was already affecting space-time.

"There only two usages of the word "void". The third usage is the world of void, which we don't know how that got there."

Wait, so there's two or are there three?

Void in the Battle of Gods fight = Vacuum of space

Void in Zeno's case = Nothingness without space time.

It's simple.

Space-time was absolutely never mentioned in Battle of Gods and void in that story-arc was explictely mentioned as being the vacuum of space, which makes sense.

Simply picking the word Void and interpreting it like the way the Void Manipulation page does is showcasing a blatant disregard for what is stated and explained in-show just to upgrade the characters.

Likewise, the universe being split into multiple sections doesn't mean it is higher than 3-A. Bayonetta's universe is split into three portions, one being our universe, another being Inferno, and the third being Paradiso, which is thousands of times larger than our universe. This doesn't make Aesir 2-B, just 3-A, because it is all just one large universe split into three segments.

>No, its true. The Human World, the Otherworld and the Kaioshin Realm are all part of a single universe, which is depicted in DBS as each universe is a giant sphere containing the Living World, the Otherworld and the Kaioshin Realm in it.

The mortal realm, in and of itself, is it's own universe, existing inside of the entire universal globe as just a fraction of it. Regardless, Goku and Beerus were going to destroy ALL of it.

>I have already explained why that is. Goku can only effectively use SSJ3 in the Afterlife because you don't feel the physical passage of time there. Instead, in the living world, it depletes your energy rapidly. Goku only had 24 hours on Earth but using SSJ3 decreased it immensely because it depleted the energy that was keeping him on Earth.

This isn't proving it.

>Wrong. The other statements just say that the universe will be destroyed. This is the
only one where it is elaborated. They would reduce the universe to a void akin to the void of space.

>You're the one who is cherry picking the void statements, and moving the goalpost.

>Void in the Battle of Gods fight = Vacuum of space

>Void in Zeno's case = Nothingness without space time.

With this logic, the World of Void has space-time (despite Grand Priests inventions with time), due to the fact that it's literally stated to be filled with "infinite nothingness" despite having air, etc. They're even floating and breathing in the post-erasure Future U7.

A vacuum made of nothingness.

Vacuum = a space devoid of matter

Nothingness = the absence of existence

Vacuum of nothingness = non-existent space.

>Objectively false. Zeno's power is explictely explained as capable of erasing things from existence and he one-shot a guy who was already affecting space-time.

As he was already one with the universe, unless you're illogically assuming he only became one with time and space in one car sized spot.

@Matt

Two things: first, Im not arguing. Second, Im not in the condition to look it up right now, sorry.

If you dont like my tone, sorry.My head aches a lot so my mood isnt in perfect shape.

"The mortal realm, in and of itself, is it's own universe, existing inside of the entire universal globe as just a fraction of it. Regardless, Goku and Beerus were going to destroy ALL of it."

The gap between the weakest and the largest 3-A is infinite. The size of the full universe doesn't matter.

"This isn't proving it."

How? And literally every other instance the Otherworld has the exact same flow of time as the living world. Taking a statement out of context to imply something that is never even suggested or properly represented in-universe is not a good analysis.

"With this logic, the World of Void has space-time (despite Grand Priests inventions with time)"

It has.

"due to the fact that it's literally stated to be filled with "infinite nothingness" despite having air, etc."

It has air, etc. Which just goes to show that interpreting void as "Absolutely nothingness" in DB is wrong.

"They're even floating and breathing in the post-erasure Future U7"

Which does make 2-C generous. You could use those as arguments for space-time not being destroyed (Specially since they could time-travel to that timeline, which makes 0 sense if the timeline was destroyed).

"A vacuum made of nothingness.

Vacuum = a space devoid of matter

Nothingness = the absence of existence

Vacuum of nothingness = non-existent space."

Wow, this is such a leap in logic that borders on non-sequitur.

Vacuum = Space devoid of matter.

Nothingness = The opposite of something (I have no idea where you pulled the "Absence of existence" definition from.

Vacuum of Nothingness, thus, means an empty space devoid of anything.

"As he was already one with the universe, unless you're illogically assuming he only became one with time and space in one car sized spot."

He was becoming one with the universe, he didn't finish becoming one with the timeline because Zeno killed him first.

>The mortal realm, in and of itself, is it's own universe, existing inside of the entire universal globe as just a fraction of it. Regardless, Goku and Beerus were going to destroy ALL of it.

In one universe the realms are part of said universe, they are not universe sized by themselves.

> This isn't proving it.

Yes it is.

> As he was already one with the universe, unless you're illogically assuming he only became one with time and space in one car sized spot.

Zamasu was destroyed while trying to become one with universe, he is Low 2-C because he affected space-time.

Future Trunks timeline is an alternative future, so heaven must work the same as the normal one and likely Beerus never arrived, but Babidi did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back