• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS/Goku Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first black hole during the Goku vs Jiren fight looks exactly like a real life Black Hole, its creation was similar, and it even suck in the sound.

Well, Goku does technically reach Low 2-C infinite power, so I suppose that it is possible that he could resist a real black hole, but I have asked DontTalk to evaluate this, as it is not either of our areas.

Also, we were talking about the supposed "black hole" in the latest episode, which did not at all fit with the basic requirements, not the one in the Jiren fight.

As for Luke Skywalker, the text did not state how far away he would be from the gravity well of the black hole. It only has infinite power in the absolute center of the singularity.

"As for Luke Skywalker, the text did not state how far away he would be from the gravity well of the black hole. It only has infinite power in the absolute center of the singularity."

Luke Skywalker has like, 5 feats involving Black Holes.

Also, you have pretty much destroyed my evening. I was planning to play pool with some friends, and instead I am stuck here arguing with you about an issue that we have handled plenty of times before.

Antvasima said:
Also, you have pretty much destroyed my evening. I was planning to play pool with some friends, and instead I am stuck here arguing with you about an issue that we have handled plenty of times before.
You could have just left. I didn't know you were planning to do something in the evening, and you don't have an obligation to continually argue with me.

Well, as I stated elsewhere:

"If fiction follows the definitions of a concept we can use the math that fundamentally defines it, but if fiction, for example, suddenly decides to call an amorphous tar pit, or another tangible object, a black hole, we cannot assign the same properties."

Also, I do have an obligation to keep this site running, and make sure that attempts to introduce illogical or harmful fundaments into its structure are not passed.

Considering that I almost always let you have your way, and have explained many times to you why this is a bad idea, I think that you are acting like an inflexible stonewall here.

Okay.

I just think that such an important and controversial topic should be allowed room for mutual discussion. Not just me vs you, but something open to many people to comment and argue.

In either case, I apologize if I have irritated you / ruined your evening, as that was never my intention. If this is too unbearable to you, please close this thread.

The problem with that is that this is not strictly a matter of opinion, but about what is matter-of-fact scientifically correct. DontTalk is our biggest physics expert, and he is the one who wrote our regulations concerning the issue.

And please don't give me "appeal to authority" rhetorical jargon in response to this. This is simply about admitting that actual intelligent knowledgeable scientists are better suited to evaluating issues that concern math and physics.

I strongly recommend the calc team members discuss this matter among themselves in another thread, and set a standard . Fictions which will abide by our standard will get black hole resistance, and those which don't will not. This is just going around in circles, and people who're not knowledgeable enough about black holes aren't contributing properly. This shouldn't be just another community consensus as it deals with complex maths and physics. It needs experts' evaluation

Well, DontTalkDT is not a calc group member anymore, but he should definitely be invited to such a discussion.

@Joseph619

Feel free to start such a thread in the calc group forum if you wish, and to then invite DontTalkDT and all of the current members.

This thread was made for the Reactive Power Level thing and not the Black Hole one, so it should have been closed before, for the latter it should be discussed by those that have seen many example of black holes in fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back