• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Date A Live Revision: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is probably my last Date A Live Revision, since my holliday started today, i have finally enough time to make a revision for this verse, there is some things to fix, to add and to remove ect... Let's start:

Spirits Physiology

Now let's talk about Individual's case:

Mio
I'am sorry for all of us but:

• (1) Mio's Law Manipulation isn't thought based, it's word based, just like all angels powers and secondly, there is a little misunderstood about her Law Ability, basically, when she Said "Ain", she bring instantanously a Monochrome space, everything in this space is under Mio's laws. this space varies in size, against only one opponent, she bring her space instantanously under the opponent and he can no longer move. so she basically make a Law where "the opponent can no longer move".
  • (2) She actually didn't make a Law where "nothing can attack her", she maked a law where "you can't attack her world" since Mukuro was about to Seal away her world with Michael.
  • (3) Hmmm... That's all i think.
Anyway, let's upgrade her a bit:

Mukuro
For Mukuro....there is a huge downgrade....No i joke, Michael's sealing/unlocking is able to ignore the very concept of Distance now.

Tohka

For New Existence:

That's all i guess.

The part about the Spirit's physiology, Mukuro's powers and Mio's Law Manipulation looks ok.

I don't know if Mio should get resistance to Existence Erasure, considering that she died when Ain clashed with Qemetiel. I know this may sound iffy, but when I read that part I believed that she couldn't commit suicide because her angels were not allowing her to use their powers against her. This is my own headcanon, so I'm not sure what to say about that part.

I don't know if Tohka should get resurrection. I'm neutral about this. If I'm not wrong, she gained those powers in New Existence because she absorbed Mio's crystal. If she were to have resurrection, Mio should also get that, but that would not be possible because if she had that, she would have resurrected Shin.

She died from the combinaison of her own Existence Erasure and Westcott's one, it was supposed to be stronger than theirs individual EE so her dying in this scene don't really make problem for the EE resistance. Resistance to your own abilities isn't a default, without more infos about her being immunized, it should fall into a resistance since she heavily tried to kill herself

About resurrection, that right, but she really resurrected Sawa, so she should have the abilities I guess.

Not sure about soul resistance. It doesn't seem like the world itself destroys souls so much as their souls won't persist if they don't have their dream, kinda like dark souls hollowing.

The causality thing seems more teleportation.

Other stuff seems fine

Not sure if the things with spirit physiology are valid, all of this can happen because they are in the Neighboring World. They can create things from their imagination because of the reiryoku in the air.
For Regenerationn, it works only because Quasi Spirit and Kurumi in Date a Bullet don't have a human body but are just pure reiryoku, same for the resistance to soul destruction. We can't apply it to other Spirits.

For Resistance to Fate Manip and Soul Destruction, I agree.

For Mukuro, the concept of distance is irrevelant only because she can open wormwhole in space and travel everywhere she wants

For Mio and Tohka, I agree

Now, things I want to add :
- Kurumi should have immortality type 7 : She can transform one of her clone into the original by transfering her consciousness, memories and power into her clone's body. She should have Future Manipulation as well, she never used it but since Mio restored Rasiel to its full potential , she should be able to use it too
- Tohka should have Mio angels (Ain, Ain Soph and Ain Soph Aur) : she rewrote the world thanks to the power of Ain Soph (although this power disappeared 3 months later)

- Mukuro should have Soul Manip : she sealed her own soul .

- Miku should have Forcefield creation : in vol 6, she created a forcecield to protect her from Origami attacks. She also should have sound manipulation since she basically uses sound to fight

Reiryoku also exist in the Air in the real World, and subjective reality just came from Spirit's reiryoku, as long as you have reiryoku, you can do it, so every spirits scale I think Same for Regenerationn since it's the Power of the sephira who heal them, every spirits have a sephira crystal so they all scale too.

For the rest, it's indeed correct but you should make your own Thread about that :)

I do agree with Wokistan's point on the Resistance to Soul destruction being more akin to Dark soul's case of hollowing. From Occam's Razor, too, I agree that Causality Manipulation looks to be Teleportation

I agree with everything else.

The Causality said:
She died from the combinaison of her own Existence Erasure and Westcott's one, it was supposed to be stronger than theirs individual EE so her dying in this scene don't really make problem for the EE resistance.
Resistance to your own abilities isn't a default, without more infos about her being immunized, it should fall into a resistance since she heavily tried to kill herself

About resurrection, that right, but she really resurrected Sawa, so she should have the abilities I guess.
Fair enough. I still feel iffy about resurrection though, but yeah it was stated that Sawa came back.

Wokistan said:
Not sure about soul resistance. It doesn't seem like the world itself destroys souls so much as their souls won't persist if they don't have their dream, kinda like dark souls hollowing.
I didn't play at Dark Souls so dunno what is DS hollowing but, if the world where they exist destroy the souls of people without reiryoku or dream, doesn't the other resist by definition ? Or it's a kind of verse mechanic?

If the spirits are reliant on their reiryoku or whatever, wouldn't that make their immortality Type 8?

Flashlight237 said:
If the spirits are reliant on their reiryoku or whatever, wouldn't that make their immortality Type 8?
That's only in Tohka's case since she is a bit special, Spirits who was killed by Mio were definitely dead. She is only reliant on her sephira (the source of her reiryoku), if you break it, she can't come back

Technically yea, all her key get type 8

For the time, It's probably a couple of minute since between Tohka's death and her Come back, Mio was able to talk a bit with Kotori and Shido.

Wokistan said:

The causality thing seems more teleportation.

Other stuff seems fine
^

Unsure of the soul resistance. Although, I did hear about there is apparently showcases or hints in volume 4 or 5 that the Neighboring World apparently mindhaxes the residences in there. However, we're going to have to wait until volume 4 and 5 to get translated. We could ask for scans from the translator but I don't think we should bug him.

I agree with the rest though.

What the other staff members have accepted can probably be applied.

To explain the Dark Souls reference, Causality- in Dark Souls, TL;DR you lose your sense of self when you lose your goals and become a Hollow, a mindless little soul-husk thing.

I see, that indeed look like the case here.

Anyway, if everyone is agree, then I'll probably make the change with the accepted stuff.

Not inherently, no. It can though.

I mean what we always mean. Case by case basis.

Took it to his wall, Schnee, no worries. Let's not derail too hard, eh Velox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back