• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Entire World Reiryoku

In Mukurou True Route, Date A Live Alternate Route, Shido managed to gather the entire world's reiryoku in order to send Mukurou in the past as long as possible. By doing this, he's actually ended up dooming the world. Kurumi commented that it would be the same as "the world itself is loaded into you", making the future world doesn't exist anymore. Kurumi also said that the Twelfth Bullet <Yud Bet> that being used can return the target to the time-space marked of the starting point, yet it won't work since the original coordinates doesn't exist anymore. We can conclude that the reiryoku of the world sustains the world's existence, and if it disappear then the world including its own space-time will no longer exist.

Not only could the Twelfth Bullet <Yud Bet> use up the lifeforce of the Spirit if not careful, it will also exponentially consume Reiryoku depending on the time and date of the destination.

There was no way to collect the large amount of Reiryoku needed to fill more than a year and a half. Kurumi, who understood the power of <Zafkiel> more than anyone else, concluded that it was impossible.

“If it wasn’t for something like sacrificing the world itself… then it would be impossible.”

Kurumi closed her eyes and whispered that to Mukuro, who looked on while completely dumbstruck.

“…In the end, you were sent back to the past, and the person who sent you probably paid a dreadful price.”

“W-What do you mean…?”

“This is just speculation, but didn’t that person use the world’s spiritual veins to gather Reiryoku? By mixing personal Reiryoku with Reiryoku of the entire world, your time limit was almost removed.”

Mukuro recalled the memory of a future with only two people.

If Shido had been gathering Reiryoku, then it was in a world where no one else survived besides the two of them.

A figure equivalent to a corpse—where both body and mind were broken—he still had been acting for the sake of Mukuro even when reduced to such a state.

“Thanks to that person, Mukuro-san has been able to stay in this past world until today. However, in order to save Origami-san, you must have cut down on a great deal of Reiryoku.”

“!”

“That’s the same as using the Twelfth Bullet <Yud Bet>’s power. The Reiryoku that was enough to stay in the past is running out… and now, the signs of its end have begun to emerge.”

Kurumi’s piercing gaze stared intently at Mukuro’s cracked arm.

Indeed, Mukuro only started to hear those strange sounds after saving Origami.

Did those tiny cracks, which Mukuro didn’t even notice, appear on her body starting then—?

“The Twelfth Bullet <Yud Bet> shot at you is an unpredictable and powerful skill that even I can match. Originally, it should return the object of use to the time-space marked at the starting point, which would be modified to reflect the changes done to the past. However…”

As the owner of <Zafkiel>, Kurumi offered her opinion to the now silent Mukuro.

“All that Reiryoku… if the world itself is loaded into you, logically speaking the future world might not even exist any longer. Then the path connecting you to the starting point… can no longer be maintained.”

This so-called starting point was the future world where Mukuro will be pulled back to after the effects of the time travel expired.

This so-called path was the very connection to the world itself.

“If you cannot return to the original starting point, the original coordinates… you will have no choice but to disappear.”

Reiryoku should be a Type 2 Concept, as the world rely on reiryoku to exist, and Spirits have been using reiryoku as a fuel for their power that can interacts with concept, law, etc. Ain Soph can manipulate law, Nehemah can cut concept, Michael can seal concept, etc.

The Spirit of Origin, Mio Takamiya, is the world reiryoku itself. She was born from the gathering of the entire world reiryoku. In another world, she should have the same power as the full-scale of the world's reiryoku to sustains the world itself.

─ Spirit Formula.

That was the name Elliot had given to this ritual.

Gathering all of the mana present in the world to a single focal point to create a new life.

The Term for World

The term regarding the world itself change throughout the series, but we can use context clues to determine what type of world are we talking about. Mio Takamiya, the entire world reiryoku itself, can literally shatter stars through sheer power. This would make the idea that reiryoku only sustains the planet as false, as naturally the power to destroy star is greater than the power to sustains planet. Furthermore, world is used to talks about the timeline especially at that part of the story, as Mukuro is sent to the past to change the future (previous timeline and current timeline), so it is clear that the world refers to the universe/space-time/timeline, or whatever it is that not a planet. The universe is stated to be infinite, so that would either means between 3-A or Low 2-C. Although, the latter would be likely as time and space destruction is implied.

TL;DR

The reiryoku of the entire world sustain the existence of the entire universe including its own space-time, on top of that being consistently shown capable of fueling conceptual power, rating it as Type 2 Concept and Low 2-C power. Everyone who can manipulate/use reiryoku will get CM2 (basically everyone). Those who scale to Mio who have the power of the full-scale of the entire world reiryoku will also scale to Low 2-C, such as;
  • Mio Takamiya
  • Isaac Westcott
  • Tohka Yatogami
  • Itsuka Shido

Last edited:
Neutral for now unclear if the entire world refers to the planet or the entire universe to assign low 2 c

I agree on the type 2 concept

CM2Low 2-C
AgreeMajimaLoco, Omazio2019, Godsatoshi23, Shadowbeast, Reiner, ElizhaaShadowbeast, Reiner, Omazio2019, Mizuki67, Ottavio_Merluzzo, DarkDragonMedeus, Elizhaa, LordGriffin1000
DisagreeSR001, Grand_Astartes, Hypertornado099, WikisourceKisaragi_Megumi, BlackDarkness679
NeutralMizuki67, Kisaragi_MegumiMajimaLoco, SR001, Wikisource

Last edited:
Reiryoku should be a Type 2 Concept, as the world rely on reiryoku to exist, and Spirits have been using reiryoku as a fuel for their power that can interacts with concept, law, etc. Ain Soph can manipulate law, Nehemah can cut concept, Michael can seal concept, etc.
This is not evidence of it being a concept

The Spirit immediately raised her staff at Shidou’s head in response, emitting a ray of light.

“Uoohh…!?”

Although his body reacted, it was too late. Rays of golden chromatic light weaved into a single beam and burst forth through Shidou’s head and into the endless universe at light speed.

Sorry if it let you down but the "endless universe" part is just the translator's flowery language, it's non-exist in the original text (as well as the limitless stars, i can only see the countless stars; only the endless/boundless darkness is seem to be right).

士道の声に反応して少女が振り向いたかと思うと、次の瞬間錫杖を掲げ、士道の頭目がけて光線を放ってきた。
「うおっ!!」
咄嗟に身を反らすが――遅い。 黄金色の輝きを放つ霊力で編まれた光線は、士道の頭部を軽く撃ち抜き、暗い宙へと抜けていった。

Last edited:
Cm2 seems iffy I dont see how it's type 2,
This is not evidence of it being a concept
I was told that if an abstract thing sustains the entire reality, it could qualify as type 2 concept, is it wrong? Additionally, Reiryoku is the fuel for Spirit's power where some of them can interacts with concept themself, such as Sandalphon being capable of cutting concept.

(—<Sandalphon> was originally a sword that cuts through invisible things… rules, concepts, and even the barrier between worlds. Its opposite <Nahemah> is the same. However, the kind-hearted Tohka subconsciously sealed that dangerous power. By the way, you were inexperienced and couldn’t master it, human…)
Volume 22, Chapter 9

Sorry if it let you down but the "endless universe" part is just the translator's flowery language, it's non-exist in the original text (as well as the limitless stars, i can only see the countless stars; only the endless/boundless jet-black is seem to be right).

士道の声に反応して少女が振り向いたかと思うと、次の瞬間錫杖を掲げ、士道の頭目がけて光線を放ってきた。
「うおっ!!」
咄嗟に身を反らすが――遅い。 黄金色の輝きを放つ霊力で編まれた光線は、士道の頭部を軽く撃ち抜き、暗い宙へと抜けていった。

Fair enough. I'll remove that part from the OP

I was told that if an abstract thing sustains the entire reality, it could qualify as type 2 concept, is it wrong? Additionally, Reiryoku is the fuel for Spirit's power where some of them can interacts with concept themself, such as Sandalphon being capable of cutting concept.

(—<Sandalphon> was originally a sword that cuts through invisible things… rules, concepts, and even the barrier between worlds. Its opposite <Nahemah> is the same. However, the kind-hearted Tohka subconsciously sealed that dangerous power. By the way, you were inexperienced and couldn’t master it, human…)
Volume 22, Chapter 9
No, fueling something that can cut concepts does not make it conceptual

(—<Sandalphon> was originally a sword that cuts through invisible things… rules, concepts, and even the barrier between worlds
835519718223642694.png

That's more likely concept destruction , if "cut means destroy".

Additionally, Reiryoku is the fuel for Spirit's power where some of them can interacts with concept themself, such as Sandalphon being capable of cutting concept.

Volume 22, Chapter 9
I agree with this being CM 2, Reid Astrea from Re:zero has the same context about being able to cut concept and it is given as CM 2, so I think it should be fine here as well.

I think "cut" in the context means "break" similar to "destroy" so i guess i'm fine with CM2.

As Kotori requested, the next moment, 『Shidou』firmly nodded and closed his eyes in order to concentrate his energy, powerfully swinging down with a splitting momentum——
『——Hah!』
In an instant, a fierce gale of wind rippled—— At the sharp edge of ’s divine blade (サンダルフォン: Sandalphon), a『crack』open within the narrow crevice of space.
『You should be able to go back through this passageway』
『Shidou』 smiled warm-heartedly while supporting as it was fixedly on the ground.

――〈Sandalphon〉was originally a sword that cuts through invisible things… rules, concepts, and even the barrier between worlds. The same could be said to its counterpart〈Nahemah〉......

Last edited:
Disagree on tier 2, it always the same as the previous one and what Ohma has stated it well
Neutral on CM2

Last edited:
Hmm, about the neighboring world, it was implied as "parallel space-time" so I think there's a slight possibility of low 2-C DAL. If you can provide more statements about it size.

And to be honest, we should look back at DAL translation, I can see numerous of translator's flowery language rather than the original meaning.

Ok, I just found this in Date A Bullet

It was a truly endless darkness. When people once thought that the earth was flat, they believed that there was nothing at the ends of the earth.
If one continued moving far away into the sea, soon or later the earth would run out and everything would disappear into nothing. People in ancient times must have been terrified. A fractured world, a darkness stretching out to infinity, it was a location furthest away from the hands of God.
The girl who reached the end of the Tenth Region Malkuth gazed at the sky in mute amazement.
The ends of the earth that the ancients once imagined were spread out before her very eyes.
“This is──”
“Yes, the connecting each region together. ──This is the gate that seals it.”
Should it be called a gate? If anything, it should be described as a huge tower.
It was a huge castle gate, but one with no fortress to guard.
Anyway, there was a white door that shot straight up to the sky. The materials composing it were unknown, but it wasn’t a wooden or stone door.
It resembled metal, but felt like plastic when touched by the fingertips. The surface was painted in a golden complex pattern──but; it was so huge that it
was unclear what was drawn specifically.
Both sides of the gate only peeped out to beckon an inexhaustible invisible darkness.
“Please take a look.”
As one person finished saying that, a right hand was inserted in. At the moment of entering that space, the right hand disappeared without a trace.
But when taken out from that space, it returned to its original state completely intact.
“Complete darkness that sucks even light……is that right?”
It was just like a black hole said to be across the universe.
“Anyway, as far as I know, there have never been any Quasi-Spirits who stepped into here.”
“Isn’t this the region where fighting enthusiasts gather? So hasn’t anyone ever been tossed in here?”
“……There shouldn’t be.”
“Why not?”
Staring at the darkness with fear, Hibiki whispered.
“If something is dropped here, the Neighboring World might break. Because someone once said that……there are rumors about this.”
To me, This Neighboring World is more or less an infinite universe, I guess it could be back as High 3-A. Also can anyone confirm the canonical of the novel?

Last edited:
Also can anyone confirm the canonical of the novel?
It should be secondary canon, since Kōshi Tachibana who is the author of the DaL series, is the supervisor of the LN. So as long as it doesn't contradict previous established information, i think it should be fine.

Last edited:
Ok, I just found this in Date A Bullet

To me, This Neighboring World is more or less an infinite universe, I guess it could be back as High 3-A. Also can anyone confirm the canonical of the novel?

Although there seems to be an anti-feat regarding it being an infinite universe or having universal size, as Hibiki states in the Date A Bullet novel that the Neighboring World can't contain a sun and Kurumi says right after that a sun would be too large to be there

Last edited:
Although there seems to be an anti-feat regarding it being an infinite universe or having universal size, as Hibiki states in the Date A Bullet novel that the Neighboring World can't contain a sun and Kurumi says right after that a sun would be too large to be there

Ok, that's weird too since Mio gain the creating sun feat through Neighboring World and it could be that Hibiki or Emty has lost her memory

Otherwise how could a dimension that has starry sky couldn't bear a sun?

Last edited:
Not convinced by the infinite universe argument and I doubt it would get accepted regardless. For example Dragon Ball GT has an almost identical infinite darkness statement but it was downgraded back to finite. Neutral on Low 2-C.

Ok, that's weird too since Mio gain the creating sun feat through Neighboring World and it could be that Hibiki or Emty has lost her memory

Otherwise how could a dimension that has starry sky couldn't bear a sun?

Even if it has a starry sky and it referred to as a parallel space-time, that’s still 4-A at best. Naruto Storm series had a CRT exactly like this where Kaguya’s starry dimension was downgraded from Low 2-C to 4-A

More about Neighboring world and Real World being universal and infinite (pretty much).

Real World:

A figure stood amidst the pitch-black darkness. No——to be precise, amidst a sea of stars.
Hoshimiya Mukuro slowly drifted, her long hair dancing with glimmers of shining light and elegant grace.
Overhead was the limitless stygian cosmos. Under her eyes’ gaze was an azure celestial body of astronomical proportions.
Neighboring world:

Maya took a deep breath and confessed the role of the Second Region Chokmah in the Neighboring World.
Finally, everyone who heard this story understood as well. To turn into that.
The Neighboring World was as gentle as heaven, but on the other hand, if a dependable sheet was lifted from the surface——there would be an infinite hell spreading outward.
Arriving at the Fifth Region Gevurah, Kurumi had a fed up look at the barren scenery that seemed to be endless. Rugged and dark rocky mountains, there was a brilliant red glow in several places that came from the lava.
A single sigh.Jugasaki looked up in the sky and whispered.
「Hey will we also be able to fall in love?」
「I suppose it's possible? Although I'm not in love with anyone yet」
「You are a lonely person, Kareha-chan」
「I don't think it matters. Ah, the exit should be coming up」
Jugasaki looked up as well. The sky that glowed white past the golden sky was infinite.
Intuitively, Jugasaki understood that this was the end.
「Alright, let's wake up together!」
「It's because of you that I've had such a hard time-Reaching out to touch the sky, it was like holding a film of air. After pressing hard against it, the film suddenly burst. With that, both of them had finally noticed. It seemed that they had both been underwater until now.
Yamauchi Sawa decided to destroy the Neighboring World.
What was the purpose of this Neighboring World? Why was it born and why did it continued to exist like this?
Yamauchi Sawa didn't understand either point. However, there was one thing she could say for sure. Rather than naturally occurring like the cosmos, this Neighboring World was an artificial world.
It was enough if she could understand that much. Rather, by setting that as a limiter for her understanding, perhaps she was afraid of being detected by the person who created this world.
However, asking what this world symbolized was a different matter.Yamauchi Sawa understood. There are various rumors, studies, dissertations spread amongst Quasi-Spirits, but the general consensus was that this was『the world after death』.
Calling it the world after death was simple enough, but that image varies from country to country. Hell, Underworld, Valhalla, and so on.
However, there was one universal point shared between every country's religious views. The world after death is a world of only souls after abandoning their bodies. Even if their bodies had seemingly revived, that must mean at any rate——they must have at least once abandoned their bodies.
The Neighboring World was a world sewn together by enormous Reiryoku and an enormous girl's soul. Enormous Reiryoku——let alone a sun, if that amount of energy was comparable to a galaxy, it could make the impossible be possible.
Input specific time and coordinates, and then releasing that energy towards that.
Time would rewind and the future could change. Yamauchi Sawa would never die and the past would be changed so she would continue existing as Tokisaki Kurumi's friend.
...Unfortunately, she didn't know the person who turned her into a Spirit. At the very least, if she knew who it was, it may be possible to change the past by extinguishing that person with the energy of the Neighboring World.
Up to that point, Yamauchi Sawa was thinking and acting on this while raising havoc through the Neighboring World. However, one problem created from there.
It was the means to unite the enormous Reiryoku squirming in this Neighboring World. After all, although there is only the soul in this Neighboring World, there are countless girls in possession of hearts. These girls could either scatter Reiryoku by using it, or simply choose to disappear.
She attacked the Third Region Binah to become Dominion, stockpiling on information from well-informed Quasi-Spirits in the process. But even so, she still couldn't find a way to unify the Reiryoku.
However, one piece of information arrived to Sawa after she became Dominion.
——The story of a single boy occasionally slipped into the Neighboring World.
「Please think back. After all, what is a Spirit? A Spirit isn't just an alien that suddenly appeared flying from (another) universe or a life that arises from nothing. It is a magical lifeform the magician Isaac Westcott created by gathering and collecting all of the mana in the world.——So then what does a Spirit’s disappearance mean?」

Last edited:
And to the last revision of DAL(not this one) that I remember, the translation of "Voluntary territory" is quite a mistranslation and misunderstanding.

Its original text:
——随意 領域。人が思い描いたことを現実とする、万能の空間。 計算が正しければ、これより生まれ出でる精霊が持つその空間は、地球を覆い尽くすほどの規模を誇っているはずだ。そ れこそ、もう一つの世界隣界、とでも呼ぶべき規模をね
人が思い描いたことを現実とする、万能の空間 (A universal space that can make any wish of people comes true)
Neighboring world limited to humanity imagination is irrelevant and "universal" here means multi-functions/multiple-cabilities rather than size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back