• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs. Mewtwo. I have no regrets. (3-9 in Mewtwo's favor, 24 hour grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone like, actually source feats of Vader's mindhax being good enough? And not just claim things? Big claims require big backup. The entire thread so far has been Vader mindhaxes, and nobody has addressed if he'd either a, lead with it or 2, if it would work in the first place. That's not how debates work.

Wrath of Itachi already gave you a feat of him being above 28 million people, the best you cited was in the millions, so I don't know what B is for.

As for A, well I can't give scans, so Ill get Lep on that.

He gave a number from what he was told. I can just as easily say Mewtwo's in the quintillions if I don't have the words to back it up.

Actually, Gar, if I ever say that unironically about Mewtwo, please hit me on the head and ban me forever lol.

I feel I ever become an admin :p

Anyway, as for that feat, I'll try to find where in the storybthst from (Said feat is on Nihilus's file and Ever edited that from what I can tell)

Y's capable of resisting planetary mindhax due to it being stated in the series by Sabrina that for psychics, resistance > output.

Yeah, this is Sabrina. How are you doing? I'll tell you a little about a Psychic's training. Psychic ability is the power to influence people. You close your eyes and clear your mind of excessive thoughts...then you look hard at your sleeping self. That's it. True Psychics aren't the kind who can move things around with their minds. It's all about controlling your own mind.
~ Sabrina

The real cal howard said:
Y's capable of resisting planetary mindhax due to it being stated in the series by Sabrina that for psychics, resistance > output.
Yeah, this is Sabrina. How are you doing? I'll tell you a little about a Psychic's training. Psychic ability is the power to influence people. You close your eyes and clear your mind of excessive thoughts...then you look hard at your sleeping self. That's it. True Psychics aren't the kind who can move things around with their minds. It's all about controlling your own mind.
~ Sabrina
yes, and?

I picked X for a reason, guys. >_> (also this is as close as I could get to doing Freeza vs Vader or Palpatine without it being a haxstomp)

That said, any new votes? I think I last counted 5 for Vader...

Aight so X is far more physical than Y, but that doesn't mean its any less powerful. The first thing Mewtwo does is automatically double all of its stats (it's a nigh-passive thing) and then attack ASAP. Speed is normal and Vader can keep up with the boost, but he'll be slower (Vader's baseline FTL, a boosted Mewtwo is 2x Mega Mewtwo X who's >> base Mewtwo who's >>>>>>>> random 3rd stage Pokemon like Golem). The problem is, Mewtwo overpowers him even without the boost. Being 2x stronger than that as soon as the fight starts is problematic, and that's not counting the fact that Mewtwo can boost without it. X isn't grab and toss (though he can easily do that). X is hit you with varied physical moves until you die, and something like a boosted Psycho Cut would easily bisect Vader.

Vader isn't actually baseline FTL, this is a guy who can block omnidirectional space blasts while blinded and only with the force to guide him.

Still I don't think Mewtwo will have any problems defeating him if he doesn't lead with mindhax.

Schnee One said:
Vader isn't actually baseline FTL, this is a guy who can block omnidirectional space blasts while blinded and only with the force to guide him.
Someone I know did a calc for Obi-Wan that got 6.7c

imma vote for mew2 FRA.

seriously, people underestimate mewtwo all the time.

we had a hard time saving the kirito vs. mewtwo thread from being freeze gg and now this?

anyways, i think everything that really needed to be stated has been stated. Mewtwo is stronger. He could literally just bfr vader or petrify him. also rip him apart with an internal explosion. Vader only has mindhax which should not affect mewtwo i think, though vader does not even lead with it so mewtwo wins.

Well, if the claim is true he does, anyway. If it's truly planetary then it does instawin against base and Mewtwo X.

it doesn't seem to be. the planet only had a population of 28 million. still enough, which is why we shoulda switched it to mewtwo Y.

Why would we switch it to a Mewtwo that resists his only win condition thus making it a stomp.....?

It's descisive for Mewtwo as is

Well, if the claim is true he does, anyway. If it's truly planetary then it does instawin against base and Mewtwo X.
Not a claim. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3548275

Joruus C'baoth was powerful enough to basically mind control the entire population of Wayland, which has a population of 28 million according to the Heir to the Empire Sourcebook

" The Guardian used his power to force the inhabitants of the world to live together peacefully. Humans, Psadans and Myneyrshi built a city to the southwest of Mount Tantiss, though their tensions never truly subsided. "
~ Star Wars Databank: Wayland
" Wayland's inhabitants had been brought together by C'baoth's twisted manipulation of the Force. They worshiped him, feared him, and looked to him almost as a god-or devil. With his departure, that combined society has begun to show signs of disintegration. "
~ Heir To The Empire Sourcebook
And according to Luke, Joruus was every bit as formidable as Vader was, putting him and Vader in the same range of power and thus Vader's mind hax would scale via comparable Force potency.

" According to Luke Skywalker, the duplicate C'baoth was easily as formidable a foe as Darth Vader and completely twisted to the dark side of the Force. "
~ The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook

I mean...does it work that way? Just because they're comparable in power doesn't mean their abilities are one to one. Vegeta can fight on par with Goku and have just as good of ki control, but he can't teleport.

Probably a bad analogy so I'll drop it anyway.

It doesn't work that way if they don't show it.

But literally every Jedi and Sith know the mind trick

I mean...does it work that way? Just because they're comparable in power doesn't mean their abilities are one to one. Vegeta can fight on par with Goku and have just as good of ki control, but he can't teleport.
Probably a bad analogy so I'll drop it anyway.
Mind Trick is part of the basic force kit, so pretty much every force user knows it.

It's a bad comparison, Cal.

Also, depending on how the next manga chapter is written (and how it's translated to the anime), teleportation may be less a ki thing and more a spirit energy thing? I 'unno. I do know that Mind Manip is Force 101, Padawan/Apprentice-level shit.

Someone mind counting up the votes for me? Lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back