• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom Discussion Thread: I'm Going Ghost!

Just wanted to give a heads up and let y'all know I'll be attempting to give several Danny Phantom ghosts 4-D level resistance to power nullification soon. I don't know if it will be good enough to be accepted but will see.

I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on 4-A Danny Phantom? I'm asking because I plan on doing a minor correction regarding the Tier 4 scaling but I'm also thinking about going all in and just scaling them to solid 4-A but I'm not sure. My thoughts are below and this is how the thread will be structured if I go through with it....

The Reality Gauntlet

Previously, a thread was made that upgraded The Reality Gauntlet to 4-A due to this feat of Freakshow warping space into a starry sky which is this level in power. This scaled to the gauntlet's power because the GIW (Guys in White) believed it to have enough power to eradicate ghosts forever, and it can use it's power offensively. Since the Crown of Fire and Ring of Rage have statements of being the strongest, they scale to them but only "possibly". I'd like to re-evalute this scaling and suggest scaling the cast out right to 4-A, and here's why.

Danny is superior The Reality Gauntlet

Currently, we use this statement from the GIW. However, let's look at this statement again....

Agent: "And we believe this to be an object of enough spectral power to eradicate ghosts forever... perhaps including this one!"

While he does say ghosts, he pulls out a photo of Danny Phantom and said "perhaps including this one". This means that they are only considering a ghost of Danny's caliber and have no knowledge on the likes of Pariah Dark. This would indicate that the gauntlet despite it's power, might not be enough to destroy Danny.

This is out right backed by the fact Danny literally destroys the gauntlet and gems with a single attack. Originally, this was simply treated the gauntlet being a glass canon, however this is inaccurate because it's literally shown withstanding it's own energy coursing through it and surviving the impact of hitting Danny with enough force to knock him back. It it couldn't handle it's own power, it would have shattered upon impact.

This straight up prove Danny is superior to it's power given the statement and by the fact that he was strong enough to destroy it.

Ghosts creating realms

It was already accepted on this thread that ghosts create their own realms and this is in a blog. The only issue was we don't know the timeframe in how long it took them.

This is valid but it's still support that there are ghosts out there who can create celestial bodies (moons/stars) and thus can support Tier 4 scaling to some degree.

An outlier?

To answer the question on whether or not this is an outlier, I'm going to say no.

As much as I like to play it safe, we have a legitimate feat and support for Tier 4 Danny Phantom. Trying to say he has lower feats isn't an argument unless there is a struggle. However, Danny hasn't struggled in terms of destroying something. Sure he himself only has tier 8 feats but using that logic, he wouldn't scale to the several Tier 7 and 6 feats done by Princess Dorathea and Vortex and other statements.

I'll admit that Danny Phantom has some inconsistencies but those don't outweigh the more consistent feats. An example would be Danny saving Sam when she feel off a train/bridge which would make her seem human, yet she out right survived being stepped on by the Lunch Lady Ghost (Who's strong enough to uppercut Danny into the clouds), and blasted by Skulker's missiles (which blew holes in a large building) which no normal human would survive. This along with other feats makes that moment faulty to use which is why we don't use it.

Back to the ghost topic, just because Danny and other ghosts lack the destructive capacity to take out planets, that doesn't mean their attack power can't be that strong. Otherwise, every feat in Danny Phantom (even the Tier 8 ones) would all be outliers because they don't have the area of effect.

The point is, there is no struggle for lesser feats, and the characters aren't harmed by less with the exception of the human stuff I mentioned but that's countered by the humans own feats!

Scaling

If this is accepted...

End Season 1/Season 2 characters that scale to Danny Phantom who is superior to the Reality Gauntlet which is scaling to the base value of the starry sky feat (4-A / 1.688e63 joules)

Season 3 characters that scale to Danny are twice as strong as the base value of the starry sky feat (4-A / 3.37600e63 joules)

Base Pariah Dark is comparable to a 10% Ecto-Skeleton Danny so he is 10 times above the base value of the starry sky feat (4-A / 1.68800e64 joules)

100% Ecto-Skeleton Danny is 100 times stronger than his base so he and those who scale to him are 100 times above the base value of the starry sky feat (4-A / 1.688e65 joules)

Note: That also applies to Danny's Ghostly Wail since it can harm Dan (4-A / 1.688e65 joules) and Dan's Ghostly Wail would have the same multiplier (3-C / 1.688e+67 joules)

I don't know the exact terms for the values in Foe so help would be appreciated.

So what do you guys think? Is solid 4-A Danny Phantom worth a shot or should we wait until July when the graphic novel comes out just in case new information comes out?

I still prefer that as a possibly on the safe side tbh, although I'm not sure how I feel about overall 4-A danny phantom. But the novel should have new interesting stuff when it drops off

I still prefer that as a possibly on the safe side tbh, although I'm not sure how I feel about overall 4-A danny phantom. But the novel should have new interesting stuff when it drops off
just for the Novel to have a Low 2-C feat.

No seriously, they are messing with time, I'm not saying that they maybe scale to That level but that likely they have an ability or object that allows them to affect the timeline or well that are my expectations

I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on 4-A Danny Phantom? I'm asking because I plan on doing a minor correction regarding the Tier 4 scaling but I'm also thinking about going all in and just scaling them to solid 4-A but I'm not sure. My thoughts are below and this is how the thread will be structured if I go through with it....

The Reality Gauntlet

Previously, a thread was made that upgraded The Reality Gauntlet to 4-A due to this feat of Freakshow warping space into a starry sky which is this level in power. This scaled to the gauntlet's power because the GIW (Guys in White) believed it to have enough power to eradicate ghosts forever, and it can use it's power offensively. Since the Crown of Fire and Ring of Rage have statements of being the strongest, they scale to them but only "possibly". I'd like to re-evalute this scaling and suggest scaling the cast out right to 4-A, and here's why.

Danny is superior The Reality Gauntlet

Currently, we use this statement from the GIW. However, let's look at this statement again....

Agent: "And we believe this to be an object of enough spectral power to eradicate ghosts forever... perhaps including this one!"

While he does say ghosts, he pulls out a photo of Danny Phantom and said "perhaps including this one". This means that they are only considering a ghost of Danny's caliber and have no knowledge on the likes of Pariah Dark. This would indicate that the gauntlet despite it's power, might not be enough to destroy Danny.

This is out right backed by the fact Danny literally destroys the gauntlet and gems with a single attack. Originally, this was simply treated the gauntlet being a glass canon, however this is inaccurate because it's literally shown withstanding it's own energy coursing through it and surviving the impact of hitting Danny with enough force to knock him back. It it couldn't handle it's own power, it would have shattered upon impact.

This straight up prove Danny is superior to it's power given the statement and by the fact that he was strong enough to destroy it.

Ghosts creating realms

It was already accepted on this thread that ghosts create their own realms and this is in a blog. The only issue was we don't know the timeframe in how long it took them.

This is valid but it's still support that there are ghosts out there who can create celestial bodies (moons/stars) and thus can support Tier 4 scaling to some degree.

An outlier?

To answer the question on whether or not this is an outlier, I'm going to say no.

As much as I like to play it safe, we have a legitimate feat and support for Tier 4 Danny Phantom. Trying to say he has lower feats isn't an argument unless there is a struggle. However, Danny hasn't struggled in terms of destroying something. Sure he himself only has tier 8 feats but using that logic, he wouldn't scale to the several Tier 7 and 6 feats done by Princess Dorathea and Vortex and other statements.

I'll admit that Danny Phantom has some inconsistencies but those don't outweigh the more consistent feats. An example would be Danny saving Sam when she feel off a train/bridge which would make her seem human, yet she out right survived being stepped on by the Lunch Lady Ghost (Who's strong enough to uppercut Danny into the clouds), and blasted by Skulker's missiles (which blew holes in a large building) which no normal human would survive. This along with other feats makes that moment faulty to use which is why we don't use it.

Back to the ghost topic, just because Danny and other ghosts lack the destructive capacity to take out planets, that doesn't mean their attack power can't be that strong. Otherwise, every feat in Danny Phantom (even the Tier 8 ones) would all be outliers because they don't have the area of effect.

The point is, there is no struggle for lesser feats, and the characters aren't harmed by less with the exception of the human stuff I mentioned but that's countered by the humans own feats!

Scaling

If this is accepted...

End Season 1/Season 2 characters that scale to Danny Phantom who is superior to the Reality Gauntlet which is scaling to the base value of the starry sky feat (4-A / 1.688e63 joules)

Season 3 characters that scale to Danny are twice as strong as the base value of the starry sky feat (4-A / 3.37600e63 joules)

Base Pariah Dark is comparable to a 10% Ecto-Skeleton Danny so he is 10 times above the base value of the starry sky feat (4-A / 1.68800e64 joules)

100% Ecto-Skeleton Danny is 100 times stronger than his base so he and those who scale to him are 100 times above the base value of the starry sky feat (4-A / 1.688e65 joules)

Note: That also applies to Danny's Ghostly Wail since it can harm Dan (4-A / 1.688e65 joules) and Dan's Ghostly Wail would have the same multiplier (3-C / 1.688e+67 joules)

I don't know the exact terms for the values in Foe so help would be appreciated.

So what do you guys think? Is solid 4-A Danny Phantom worth a shot or should we wait until July when the graphic novel comes out just in case new information comes out?
Still hoping that novel has some universal or even multiversal statement. As for the above, I suppose that works for me? It does sound based, after all.

Only thing I could think of that could seriously hurt the consistency is Danny’s friends and family dying to the Nasty Burger exploding which would be like Large Building-City Block by the looks of it, but they have consistently survived much higher than that so...

Only thing I could think of that could seriously hurt the consistency is Danny’s friends and family dying to the Nasty Burger exploding which would be like Large Building-City Block by the looks of it, but they have consistently survived much higher than that so...
How serious is the anti-feat though

Anything could happen in the novel, and I'm hoping we get something. All we know though is they are traveling through time and space to find the secrets of the Ghost Zone to stop Dan from destroying the world. Maybe a weapon? Or some form of power? We do know Clockwork will have some involvement since you can see his clock tower in the full cover art and given that was where Dan was imprisoned, who knows what happens when he escaped but I do know if there is a Tier 2 feat, you boy gonna find it.

Yeah, I believe the guy in the episode said if that stuff gets to hot it would destroy a whole city block. But then again yeah, they tank attacks from Tier 6 characters with higher feats so it's one of those, few anti feats VS more higher feats.

Also, I planned on fixing up Danny's page a bit (updating his range/stamina/weaknesses to match his keys) add Super Danny image, update his lifting strength with the accepted calcs, and complete the references with the episode numbers but I was wondering if we should merge his Ecto-Skeleton key into his season 2 key? Like I did with the Team Phantom.

How serious is the anti-feat though
He plot of the special hinges on it.
Like BlastX said, it's the plot the special hinges on but we don't even use it because we have a list of feats that show them surviving attacks from characters who scale to higher feats. Not to mention, whatever that stuff was, it was highly volatile and likely just produced enough heat to vaporize them since heat in Danny Phantom has effectively melted and vaporized characters before so it could have just ignored there durability but either way, it's not used for scaling because it's got so much stacked against it.

I mean, the sauce could just be that powerful, Danny blew up Box Lunch with just overheating a little of it.
Yeah, a simple packet (the size of a normal ketchup packet) when heated blew out the side of the building

Hey guys, I noticed that on our Universal Energy Systems page, ghost energy from Danny Phantom is listed as one of the examples under Universal Energy Systems which is for all around scaling but we never officially treated it like that which is why the likes of Vortex (Danny Phantom) has unknown Lifting Strength and Striking Strength despite him being considered more powerful than lesser characters who have feats.

I remember @BlastX brought this to my attention but it slipped my mind. So looking into it, there is evidence it does fall under the UES and thus the characters should be comparable to each other overall even if they lack feats, an example being Vortex should be able to hit as hard as he can blast and lift as much as Danny Phantom. I went ahead and made a sandbox with evidence that proves ectoplasmic energy is literally a part of a ghosts make-up and how it's shown to effect statistics overall.

Note: This doesn't effect the characters scaling to Vortex and the Soul Shredder's planetary storm feats because they were still overtime and thus are special cases. But this will at least allow use to scale the unknowns without issue and buff the FTL characters to Massively FTL since they would be comparable to Danny overall.

So thoughts? Should I make a thread?

What does Danny do in-character again?

what does he start with?
Close Combat (punches, kicks, charging into his opponent) or ectoplasmic energy attacks (Ghost Rays and other blasts). If it's season 2, the Ghostly Wail is added but he'll only use it against a large number of enemies or a single powerful opponent he knows/thinks is strong, if it's season 3 Danny, he throws a lot of ice rays along with the previous approaches.

For defense, he mainly uses body control to avoid attacks (opens large holes in his body), ectoplasmic shields (which can reflect attacks), and intangibility. Season 3 Danny has ice sheilds that can freeze stuff on contact too.

For supplementary, occasionally he'll through in so blinding explosive blasts to blind his foe, and possession is for non ghost related foes as those are the characters he's used it on the most. Season 2 and 3 Danny would duplicate sometimes but not super often (That's Vlad's thing).

Other than that, everything else is secondary and could happen at any time since he might try something different from time to time.

What do you guys think about 4-D potency for ectoplasmic energy and ghost hax?

Ectoplasmic Energy

I think I'll start with the main evidence, and that's the Ghost Zone.

Effecting Space and Time

The Ghost Zone and everything in it is shown and stated by the creator of the series to be made entirely out of ectoplasm. It is stated in Season 3; Episode 2; "Infinite Realms" by Frostbite that the Ghost Zone is constantly shifting with portals opening in one time period and then leading to another. This by itself proves raw ectoplasmic energy/ectoplasm effects space and time natural which is 4-D.

Connection to the Human World

It's connection to the Human World has yet to be fully explored (Hopefully the upcoming Graphic Novel provides good lore). However, it's tied to it, as I already mentioned it naturally shifts and opens portals in space and time to the normal universe, and in Season 3; Episode 7; "Livin' Large", the GIW are going to send an anti-ecto missile into the Ghost Zone which would have released a substance that would have destroyed it, and Sam and Tucker have this conversation.

Sam: Tuck, in astrophysics, what happens when an entire dimension is suddenly removed from a plane of existence?

Tucker: Easy, the whole dimensional structure becomes unstable, and cufluy.

Sam: Well the Ghost Zone is a flipside of our plane of existence. If it goes, we go.

While you can argue this is just an assumption. The entire plot of the episode hinges on this, and Danny even gets help from three of his enemies to stop it so even the ghosts to it seriously. So this supports the Ghost Zone (A pure ectoplasmic structure) has an effect on the entire dimensional structure of the Danny Phantom universe which includes space and time.

Earth effecting the Ghost Zone

I'm bringing this up as to not make it seem like I'm ignoring anti-feats.

In the final episode of the series "Phantom Planet", an ectoranium meteor is going to collide with and destroy Earth, and Danny says this to the ghosts when trying to get their help.

Danny: Wait, let me explain. Our worlds are linked, if mine goes, yours goes too.

Now this tries to say the if the Earth is destroyed, the entire Ghost Zone gets destroyed. This obviously makes no sense and given what has been previously established, and the Ghost Zone isn't linked to Earth because in that episode, a portal opens up in space near Saturn.

Even the ghosts don't reply to him and continue to beat him up, as if what he just said didn't phase them. But let's say that what Danny said was actually legit. It just means the the Ghost Zone is anchored to the Earth for some unknown reason but that doesn't negate it's shows nor does it negate the effects it would have on the entire dimensional structure.

Ghost Realms

There is already an accepted blog that I made which explains how ghosts can create their own realms which some are shown to have their own time flow, while on a small scale, this proves their ectoplasmic energy/ectoplasm can have a 4-D effect.

Ghost Physiology

As stated on the Ghost Physiology and the acceped sandbox I made regarding ectoplasmic energy (ghost energy) and the Universal Energy Systems, you'll see that ghosts are made up of their ectoplasmic energy/consciousness and are ectoplasm.

All relevant scans are in that blog, and note, this is just me explaining that you can't say humans can interact with ectoplasm so it can't be 4-D in potency (because they can't interact with ectoplasm in it's natural state by default). The above is explaining that they energy that is shown to have 4-D potency is apart of their make up and is also apart of their powers. Other ghost abilities can effect time Wulf's claws which got accepted here, this thread talking about how Desiree's wish effected the timeline which was accepted as 4-D.

Conclusion

Basically, raw ectoplasmic energy/ectoplasm can effect space and time, and not only are ghosts partially made of it, they can manipulate it and use it to construct their own pocket realms that have different time flows which again makes it 4-D, and other ghosts have shown that their powers effect time.

This would make all ghosts powers and abilities 4-D in potency.

What do you guys think about 4-D potency for ectoplasmic energy and ghost hax?

Ectoplasmic Energy

I think I'll start with the main evidence, and that's the Ghost Zone.

Effecting Space and Time

The Ghost Zone and everything in it is shown and stated by the creator of the series to be made entirely out of ectoplasm. It is stated in Season 3; Episode 2; "Infinite Realms" by Frostbite that the Ghost Zone is constantly shifting with portals opening in one time period and then leading to another. This by itself proves raw ectoplasmic energy/ectoplasm effects space and time natural which is 4-D.

Connection to the Human World

It's connection to the Human World has yet to be fully explored (Hopefully the upcoming Graphic Novel provides good lore). However, it's tied to it, as I already mentioned it naturally shifts and opens portals in space and time to the normal universe, and in Season 3; Episode 7; "Livin' Large", the GIW are going to send an anti-ecto missile into the Ghost Zone which would have released a substance that would have destroyed it, and Sam and Tucker have this conversation.

Sam: Tuck, in astrophysics, what happens when an entire dimension is suddenly removed from a plane of existence?

Tucker: Easy, the whole dimensional structure becomes unstable, and cufluy.

Sam: Well the Ghost Zone is a flipside of our plane of existence. If it goes, we go.

While you can argue this is just an assumption. The entire plot of the episode hinges on this, and Danny even gets help from three of his enemies to stop it so even the ghosts to it seriously. So this supports the Ghost Zone (A pure ectoplasmic structure) has an effect on the entire dimensional structure of the Danny Phantom universe which includes space and time.

Earth effecting the Ghost Zone

I'm bringing this up as to not make it seem like I'm ignoring anti-feats.

In the final episode of the series "Phantom Planet", an ectoranium meteor is going to collide with and destroy Earth, and Danny says this to the ghosts when trying to get their help.

Danny: Wait, let me explain. Our worlds are linked, if mine goes, yours goes too.

Now this tries to say the if the Earth is destroyed, the entire Ghost Zone gets destroyed. This obviously makes no sense and given what has been previously established, and the Ghost Zone isn't linked to Earth because in that episode, a portal opens up in space near Saturn.

Even the ghosts don't reply to him and continue to beat him up, as if what he just said didn't phase them. But let's say that what Danny said was actually legit. It just means the the Ghost Zone is anchored to the Earth for some unknown reason but that doesn't negate it's shows nor does it negate the effects it would have on the entire dimensional structure.

Ghost Realms

There is already an accepted blog that I made which explains how ghosts can create their own realms which some are shown to have their own time flow, while on a small scale, this proves their ectoplasmic energy/ectoplasm can have a 4-D effect.

Ghost Physiology

As stated on the Ghost Physiology and the acceped sandbox I made regarding ectoplasmic energy (ghost energy) and the Universal Energy Systems, you'll see that ghosts are made up of their ectoplasmic energy/consciousness and are ectoplasm.

All relevant scans are in that blog, and note, this is just me explaining that you can't say humans can interact with ectoplasm so it can't be 4-D in potency (because they can't interact with ectoplasm in it's natural state by default). The above is explaining that they energy that is shown to have 4-D potency is apart of their make up and is also apart of their powers. Other ghost abilities can effect time Wulf's claws which got accepted here, this thread talking about how Desiree's wish effected the timeline which was accepted as 4-D.

Conclusion

Basically, raw ectoplasmic energy/ectoplasm can effect space and time, and not only are ghosts partially made of it, they can manipulate it and use it to construct their own pocket realms that have different time flows which again makes it 4-D, and other ghosts have shown that their powers effect time.

This would make all ghosts powers and abilities 4-D in potency.
These all seem to make sense, but as for that one scan that Frostbite's trying to state could use some sound so we can actually get a precise understanding of what he's trying to go over.

the thing about the phantom Zone anchored to the earth, i interpreted it that because Humanity is one of the species that exists the most in it, it cause a "need" since it works like an AfterLife

Back