• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom Discussion Thread: I'm Going Ghost!

Danny_Phantom_A_Glitch_In_Time.jpg

I'M HYPED!!!

Just wanted to give my overall thoughts on what to expect from the graphic novel.

It's stated to take place after the original series so it is a continuation but I don't know if it will be considered canon but well see in the future. I'm glad their bringing back Vlad and Dan, since the first was defeated in such a chessy way and they might be doing more with his character, and the second was already hinted at making a return since at the end of "The Ultimate Enemy", Dan is seen denting the Fenton Thermos from the inside but they never went on with using him.

I do hope the Fright Knight makes an appearance because there was still the little side plot of him and Vlad striking a deal in the episode "Reign Storm" but we never saw what they planned on doing. Plus in the future, the Fright Knight served under Dan so it could lead to conflict on whether or not the Fright Knight joins Vlad or Dan's side.

For the story, they talk about time travel glitches which could be the result of Dan messing with time since he was trapped in Clockwork's lair which likely gave him access to different points in time. It also states Danny and crew will be traveling across time and space to unlock the secrets of the Ghost Zone so it will likely give us more lore which is always a plus.

As for feats, I can't really say but it would be cool to see them show off Dan's power more and I'd like to see how Vlad survived the Disasteroid impact because it could be used as a feat. I'm expecting some cool stuff to happen but nothing to crazy but if they give use universal or beyond Danny Phantom, I won't complain.

All in all, I'm just excited to finally get something new regarding the series since I believe it had potential to be far more than what it was, and this could open the door to more in the future if it does well.

Forgot to mention, the full image for the Graphic Novel shows Jazz and Valerie, along with Clockwork's lair so those three will be appearing. Though it was pretty obvious Clockwork would appear given the story is about time travel and Dan escaping (his prison was inside Clockwork's lair)

I personally think Dan could cause a paradox to more directly rewrite time, like usurping Clockwork's powers.
Well he has shown he cam merge and corrupt others through possession. Though they need to explain how he bested Clockwork, who knows everything. Unless there was no other option or he gained immunity to Clockwork's precognition.

i heard that danny's parents believe that all ghosts are evil. (sounds a little dumb since there are good ones)

also you mentioned this

Maddie and Jack show off their latest invention called the Ecto Converter. This device is stated by Maddie to "convert a ghosts natural ecto energy into a constantly replenishing fuel source"[31]. Vlad later states that Technus' Lightning Rod + the Ecto Converter, gives the suit a "endless power supply"

couldn't the humans find a way to create a endless energy supply without harming ghosts.

win win (ghosts don't die and humans find a limitless energy source for their technology and stuff)

i heard that danny's parents believe that all ghosts are evil. (sounds a little dumb since there are good ones)
For an in-depth explanation, at the beginning of the series Maddie and Jack have an obsession with capturing a ghost and seeing how they work by "ripping them apart molecule by molecule" but they don't outwordly show that they think all ghosts are evil until later in the series. However, thier theory is supported since 90% of the ghosts we are introduced to are evil with a few exceptions. There are also some inconsistencies with this because in the episode "Boxed Up Fury", Danny is fighting a 10 headed ghost dragon and when they show up, they fight everything but Danny Phantom and don't even acknowledge him as the enemy, even at the end when Danny and Pandora are standing in front of them, Jack offers to make smores and there is no hostility. And in "Phantom Planet", they outright listen to what Danny Phantom had to say and followed his plan without question or hostility.

There is also the fact that on two different occasions "Reality Trip" and "Phantom Planet", it outright shows they accept Danny Fenton/Danny Phantom regardless of if he was a human, ghost, or something in-between. So while they have this whole ghosts are evil thing, it's not consistent but it's not like they have no evidence. Danny himself even describes ghosts as malevolent and almost always readies himself when one shows up because he thinks they'reabout to start something.
also you mentioned this

Maddie and Jack show off their latest invention called the Ecto Converter. This device is stated by Maddie to "convert a ghosts natural ecto energy into a constantly replenishing fuel source"[31]. Vlad later states that Technus' Lightning Rod + the Ecto Converter, gives the suit a "endless power supply"

couldn't the humans find a way to create a endless energy supply without harming ghosts.

win win (ghosts don't die and humans find a limitless energy source for their technology and stuff)
I think they can but Maddie and Jack don't consider ghosts feelings as they are mostly evil. Plus, ghosts are already dead, they can't kill them again, and they state thst they know the device is working because the ghost would be screaming in pain, however it can't kill them because then they wouldn't get the endless energy, since Danny touched it and while it took his energy, it didn't keep it forever so that means they'd need to keep the ghosts inside the converter like Vlad did with Tecnus's Lightning Rod so it can convert it endlessly.

Regardless, it's still messed up as they'd be imprisoning a ghost and forever causing it pain just to power their tech. And given what they've already created (portals to different universes, hovercrafts, laser weapons, photon generaters, high tech armored suits, and more) I'm pretty sure they can create it so that it wouldn't harm the ghost, they just don't really care.

For an in-depth explanation, at the beginning of the series Maddie and Jack have an obsession with capturing a ghost and seeing how they work by "ripping them apart molecule by molecule" but they don't outwordly show that they think all ghosts are evil until later in the series. However, thier theory is supported since 90% of the ghosts we are introduced to are evil with a few exceptions. There are also some inconsistencies with this because in the episode "Boxed Up Fury", Danny is fighting a 10 headed ghost dragon and when they show up, they fight everything but Danny Phantom and don't even acknowledge him as the enemy, even at the end when Danny and Pandora are standing in front of them, Jack offers to make smores and there is no hostility. And in "Phantom Planet", they outright listen to what Danny Phantom had to say and followed his plan without question or hostility.

There is also the fact that on two different occasions "Reality Trip" and "Phantom Planet", it outright shows they accept Danny Fenton/Danny Phantom regardless of if he was a human, ghost, or something in-between. So while they have this whole ghosts are evil thing, it's not consistent but it's not like they have no evidence. Danny himself even describes ghosts as malevolent and almost always readies himself when one shows up because he thinks they'reabout to start something.

I think they can but Maddie and Jack don't consider ghosts feelings as they are mostly evil. Plus, ghosts are already dead, they can't kill them again, and they state thst they know the device is working because the ghost would be screaming in pain, however it can't kill them because then they wouldn't get the endless energy, since Danny touched it and while it took his energy, it didn't keep it forever so that means they'd need to keep the ghosts inside the converter like Vlad did with Tecnus's Lightning Rod so it can convert it endlessly.

Regardless, it's still messed up as they'd be imprisoning a ghost and forever causing it pain just to power their tech. And given what they've already created (portals to different universes, hovercrafts, laser weapons, photon generaters, high tech armored suits, and more) I'm pretty sure they can create it so that it wouldn't harm the ghost, they just don't really care.

I wonder when was the ghost zone first created though. Aka the dimension that Danny went into. Is it the only place where ghosts live other than in the human world?

also examples of characters in Danny phantom that ignore durability? (Other than possession hax)

I wonder when was the ghost zone first created though. Aka the dimension that Danny went into. Is it the only place where ghosts live other than in the human world?
It's unknown when the Ghost Zone was created but it has a connection to the human world. There are other dimensions but the story didn't go into detail but hopefully the new Graphic Novel expands on the lore.
also examples of characters in Danny phantom that ignore durability? (Other than possession hax)
Well ectoplasmic energy can effect the body on a molecular level, and not counting possession there are ghosts with so good hax like Wulf (His claws cut through space), Undergrowth (his mind vine and sleep spores), Danny Phantom and Frostbite (There ice is cold enough to freeze targets to the point where they become brittle and fall apart), Sayonara Pussycat (Passive empathy hax), Ember McLain (Empathy and Mind Manipulation by using her guitar), Penelope Spectra (Empathy absorption), Vortex (Extreme temperatures such as heat that can melt buildings or cold that can freeze entire cities), Fright Knight (His Soul Shredder can bfr anyone it cuts to a different dimension where their worst fear comes to life), Nocturn (Danny Phantom) (Sleep Inducement), Freakshow (Via The Reality Gauntlet), Kitty (She can bfr any man she kisses to a different dimension)

I think there are a few others but those are the unique characters, every other ghost just has the standard ghost hax.

It's unknown when the Ghost Zone was created but it has a connection to the human world. There are other dimensions but the story didn't go into detail but hopefully the new Graphic Novel expands on the lore.

Well ectoplasmic energy can effect the body on a molecular level, and not counting possession there are ghosts with so good hax like Wulf (His claws cut through space), Undergrowth (his mind vine and sleep spores), Danny Phantom and Frostbite (There ice is cold enough to freeze targets to the point where they become brittle and fall apart), Sayonara Pussycat (Passive empathy hax), Ember McLain (Empathy and Mind Manipulation by using her guitar), Penelope Spectra (Empathy absorption), Vortex (Extreme temperatures such as heat that can melt buildings or cold that can freeze entire cities), Fright Knight (His Soul Shredder can bfr anyone it cuts to a different dimension where their worst fear comes to life), Nocturn (Danny Phantom) (Sleep Inducement), Freakshow (Via The Reality Gauntlet), Kitty (She can bfr any man she kisses to a different dimension)

I think there are a few others but those are the unique characters, every other ghost just has the standard ghost hax.

that’s amazing Griffin. I think I used to watch a bit of Danny phantom and I got to say it’s a amazing show. Though I just read the ending kinda sucked. (Although it might be better than fairly odd parents since it didn’t have to rot as bad as that show. Correct me if I’m wrong)

also I looked up more about butch hartman. There’s a lot of controversies about him. Is he really that bad?

So, about this book, is it canon to the series?
I honestly don't know... if it's made by Nickelodeon maybe but I can't say for sure.

that’s amazing Griffin. I think I used to watch a bit of Danny phantom and I got to say it’s a amazing show. Though I just read the ending kinda sucked. (Although it might be better than fairly odd parents since it didn’t have to rot as bad as that show. Correct me if I’m wrong)
The show is good, and while it has it's inconsistencies in the story but it has some good characters (Valerie Gray) being arguably the best written character.

As for the ending, it's up to you. The reason I think most dont like it is because it was a rushed ending and not the one they hoped for. Vlad becomes your standard one dimensional villain despite there being more to him, Tucker becoming mayor because.... reasons. It's basically just your standard "The Hero wins" "The Villian loses", everyone gets there happy ending but all the previous questions were left unanswered.

I personally feel neutral but I'm glad we are finally getting something that could expand on the series.
also I looked up more about butch hartman. There’s a lot of controversies about him. Is he really that bad?
That's a topic I don't really like discussing.

To keep it short, some time ago, Butch said some stupid things and some network he made (Onyx I think it was called) didn't work out as planned and people lost some money. Obviously he isn't a bad person, just that he has made mistakes. But it's the same for any noticable people, there are people who just wont let the past go and are still complaining about it so the degrade him whenever they can even if what he said didn't have anything to do with them.

In the end Butch is doing his own thing and not worrying about them and there are people who see past it and don't hound him about it. I'm not saying all is forgiven, but it's the same song and dance as always. Some celebrity does or says something people don't agree with and they make them out to be the scum of the Earth.

I take no sides since I focus on Butch Hartman's work, not his stance on matters that don't concern me but whenever Danny Phantom is brought up outside this wiki, someone is bound to bring up Butch Hartman and how bad he is. It's up for you to decide, I don't know all the facts but I do know that he's not an evil person who's always doing wrong, he just screwed up and people won't let him live it down. Heck some people think he actually paid Death Battle to give Danny the win... which is obviously false.

Thanks for the information.

also where did those gauntlet gems come from? Who made the gauntlet?

Also I guess the creators of Danny phantom are a fan of marvel? Considering it’s a reference to the famous infinity gauntlet

About Jack, Maddie and Ghost In could be wrong but I think in Boxed Up Fury (The Pandora's Box episode) Jack gets along with a ghost.

Anyways, I don't think Jack and Maddie would think all ghost are evil if they saw proof against it, they're good people and scientist on top of that, if there's new proof that changes previous knowledge they probably accept it, people often forget that the reason they believe Ghost are evil is because most ghost they met legitimately are evil.

And as for Danny Phantom? Well they have understandable reasons for believing so, they even worked with him on occasion even before they learned he's their son.

About Jack, Maddie and Ghost In could be wrong but I think in Boxed Up Fury (The Pandora's Box episode) Jack gets along with a ghost.

Anyways, I don't think Jack and Maddie would think all ghost are evil if they saw proof against it, they're good people and scientist on top of that, if there's new proof that changes previous knowledge they probably accept it, people often forget that the reason they believe Ghost are evil is because most ghost they met legitimately are evil.

And as for Danny Phantom? Well they have understandable reasons for believing so, they even worked with him on occasion even before they learned he's their son.

well Danny is their son, I’m kinda surprised they don’t know that Danny is their son. He kinda looks obvious though I guess that’s from the readers pov

I feel getting on their case for that is unfair cause everyone, including Jazz never put two and two together, Jazz only figured it out when she saw Danny transform but before that never even entertained the thought Fenton and Phantoms were one in the same, in fact apparently according to the guys in white Danny in Ghost for is more buff and taller (or maybe they're just idiots).

For us the disguise is pathetic, but in universe Danny Phantom is a rock solid disguise, no one is able to tell the similarities, hell I'm sure if Sam and Tucker weren't in the incident and Danny didn't transform in front of his enemies, they wouldn't be able to tell either.

Now that I think about it, how would the team profile look if the exo-skeletons were included considering how Danny used it on a special occasion
It would be placed in the season 2 key of the team's profile, basically...

"At least 6-C (Insert reasoning), possibly 4-A (Insert reasoning), '''higher''' with Ghostly Wail (Insert reasoning), Low 6-B, possibly 4-A with Ecto-Skeleton (Insert reasoning)

Something like that should work.

It would be placed in the season 2 key of the team's profile, basically...

"At least 6-C (Insert reasoning), possibly 4-A (Insert reasoning), '''higher''' with Ghostly Wail (Insert reasoning), Low 6-B, possibly 4-A with Ecto-Skeleton (Insert reasoning)

Something like that should work.
So it goes like this?

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3

At least 8-A to 6-C, possibly 4-A | At least 6-C, possibly 4-A, higher with Danny's Ghostly Wail, Low 6-B, possibly 4-A with the Ecto-Skeleton | At least 6-C, possibly 4-A, higher with Danny's Ghostly Wail

So it goes like this?

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3

At least 8-A to 6-C, possibly 4-A | At least 6-C, possibly 4-A, higher with Danny's Ghostly Wail, Low 6-B, possibly 4-A with the Ecto-Skeleton | At least 6-C, possibly 4-A, higher with Danny's Ghostly Wail
Pretty much. I'll start working on the team profile tomorrow, I've been putting it off for to long, and while I'm currently working on a much needed update for the American Dragon Jack Long verse, I can sqeeze in the profile.

Pretty much. I'll start working on the team profile tomorrow, I've been putting it off for to long, and while I'm currently working on a much needed update for the American Dragon Jack Long verse, I can sqeeze in the profile.
The Jake Long profiles does look pretty outdated seeing has they have broken links, they could also use references too

Back