• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Soul and Mind Manipulation Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
This thread is made to discuss the re-additon of the Danny Phantom ghosts ability to effect the soul and mind with their phyical ectoplasmic attacks. Pretty much everything I'm going to mention is already accepted in the Ghost Physiology (Danny Phantom) page so there shouldn't be any issue here.

Soul/Mind Stuff

If you've read the ghost physiology blog that I've linked above then you'd know that the ghosts possession works on a biological (molecular level), spiritual, and mental level (We'll be focusing on that later two).

In the episode "Splitting Images", Poindexter takes possession of Danny's body and removed his soul from his body, effectively swapping places with him. Danny even makes a comment that he was sent to the spirit world.

This shows ghosts can interact with the soul, and in the episode "What You Want", Danny literally pulled out a ghost that was inhabiting a person's body, and later in that episode we see this can be done with his ectoplasmic energy. This is shown in the episode "Public Enemies" as well.

Now back on to the Possession portion. A ghost can effect the mind of the person they are overshadowing, as shown in the episode "Parental Bonding" Danny took possession of his dad, and after, Jack stated He doesn't remember anything and that it was all a "vague blur". Danny does this in the episode "Reality Trip" where he took possession of Sam's parents and made it so they would allow Sam to go on vacation with Danny and never question it again.

But it goes futher than this as shown in the episode "Frightmare", Nocturne states that dreams are the gateway to the subconscious, and while using his possession, Danny could enter and interact with a person's dream. He even was able to take another person with him into Nocturne's dream and fight him.

Adding on the fact that their ectoplasmic attacks can strike other ghosts while they are overshadowing another individual on a mental level as well as I proved already. Ghosts can target the conscious with their energy. This makes sense when their consciousness actually resides in their energy.

Conclusion

Given this information is already in the blog, not much needs to be added (The mental stuff is already under possession and ghosts already have resistance to mind stuff). However, to make it more informative, I think this should be added...

Abilities

Soul Manipulation (Ghosts can interact with other ghosts while they are intangible or overshadowing others with their attacks. They can also remove the soul through the use of their possession)

Resistances

Soul Manipulation (Ghosts can withstand attacks from other ghosts that are capable of interacting with the soul)

This next portion will be put under their mind resistance as an addition.

"Can withstand attacks from other ghosts that can effect ghosts that are overshadowing others on conscious/subconscious level"

Obviously scans and references will be added in the blog.

Last edited:
While these may seem fine, I do have a few questions:

Wouldn't this also be memory hax since Danny overshadows someone and after he leaves the person's body they're oblivious to what happened?

And about Danny being able to enter one another's dreams, isn't that because of Tucker's headgear that he's wearing while he's asleep which makes him able to do that? Been a while since I last watched this show, but you can point out where I'm wrong though.

While these may seem fine, I do have a few questions:

Wouldn't this also be memory hax since Danny overshadows someone and after he leaves the person's body they're oblivious to what happened?
It would be a side effect, yes. He doesn't manipulate the memories as a whole but I believe it's already worded under the Possession ability in the blog.
And about Danny being able to enter one another's dreams, isn't that because of Tucker's headgear that he's wearing while he's asleep which makes him able to do that? Been a while since I last watched this show, but you can point out where I'm wrong though.
The head gear in the scene was made by Nocturn to keep people asleep permanently and act as a safeguard to stop anyone from waking them up (it delivers an electric shock if someone gets to close to it). It doesn't do anything else. It's not stated or implied that he could only do it because of the helmets and we are told what there function is (just to keep people asleep)

It would be a side effect, yes. He doesn't manipulate the memories as a whole but I believe it's already worded under the Possession ability in the blog.

The head gear in the scene was made by Nocturn to keep people asleep permanently and act as a safeguard to stop anyone from waking them up (it delivers an electric shock if someone gets to close to it). It doesn't do anything else. It's not stated or implied that he could only do it because of the helmets and we are told what there function is (just to keep people asleep)
Ah, I see, thanks for the analysis. This should be fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back