• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dungeons and Dragons: Tell me about a fantasy race. I'll either port it to D&D, or tell you a race similar enough to it.

Alright, I did my best with the Duk'zarist but I cannot guarantee I properly understood, as the source given to me used terms from Anima. Still, I think it suffices.

@Antoniofer

Seems pretty fine for a minimalistic version of a duk. In principle they are forced to have access to magic or psionics (doesn't not means they need to get few specific classes, as classes in anima are just templates), and, I believe pc does not have powers that enhance the healing rate, right?

The original till capitalism come, but i will leave because i will sound like a edgy kid who probally puts USR athem at max volume at the bus.

Weeb shit.
Evangelion is above weeb shit. Genuinely enjoyed it, it was the anime I chose to watch this year. That said, angels cannot really work as a player race.

That, and the fact that they're hundreds of meters tall each, barring Nagisa who is an exception. Nothing about them really fits into what makes a player race, even moreso than goofy submissions like the Weeping Angels. I can make anything weaker for balancing purposes, but the Angels just don't make sense.

Anyways continuing the thread

I have no idea what class they are best suited towards, probably a caster, given the stat boosts.

That, and the fact that they're hundreds of meters tall each, barring Nagisa who is an exception. Nothing about them really fits into what makes a player race, even moreso than goofy submissions like the Weeping Angels. I can make anything weaker for balancing purposes, but the Angels just don't make sense.
What about as a type of Boss Monster? Probably still too broken but it's an interesting idea to me.

Ehh. Building-sized monsters aren't technically unheard of in 5e

In Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, there exist massive colossi from previous editions that, while smaller than an Angel or Eva Unit, may well provide a good starting point for statting one out.

So possible, I guess.

Alrighty, some work for today: I like these guys. They would make frankly excellent martial characters due to raw stats and the fact they can multi-wield many weapons (what with having four arms). This alone makes them a top-notch martial, even considering the downsides I've added to it.

@Ecstasy_Amphetamine

Warcraft Liches.

Still never touching Warcraft outside of what I've done because **** Activision Blizzard.

Alrighty, some work for today: I like these guys. They would make frankly excellent martial characters due to raw stats and the fact they can multi-wield many weapons (what with having four arms). This alone makes them a top-notch martial, even considering the downsides I've added to it.
I'm impressed, I don't know much about DnD mechanics but you got the description and alignment right.

Incredibly late but what about an Enderman race?
Could be interesting. Probably would need to cut their teleportation down from "infinite" but otherwise, there are some neat ideas that could be done there.

SCP-3003
Extra hardly humans with several beetles in them with acid/paralytic venom stingers and spidersilk and little understanding of deception.
(Extra Con, less Wis, and a weird familiar type thing)

I think both of those are downsides to Bambs. Very big ones too.

Back