• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D Conversion Thread: I'll make whatever you ******' want into a D&D thing.

if you could? I think Dovah has been done alot.

the main issue isn't really that the wiki considers a lot of his stuff low 1-C or whatever, D&D works fine with 1-A stuff, the trick is to totally ignore smurfiness for mechanics. the main issue is that Dovah isn't really a single class or restricted to a single set of features- essentially he's whatever you want to spec him as, same for a normal D&D character. the only thing I could really make for him is thunder attacks to imitate thu'um and maybe the soul gem stuff.

How about something much more simple?

He prefers being a range fighter but isn't afraid to get up close and personal to kick your ass. He can take on the form of any Vehicle he's scanned, can scale surfaces with no issues almost like Spider-Man as long as it's Vertical, has homing attacks for some of his weapons, can fly depending on what Alt Mode he's currently using, can technically change his colors but it's never brought up in the story itself so it's more so purely for cosmetics, can hack into Military Grade Servers and Process large amounts of information, has a minor healing factor that can heal small wounds pretty quickly as long as he isn't still being damaged and can constantly come up with plans on the fly to take care of unexpected events he couldn't see coming.

if you could? I think Dovah has been done alot.

the main issue isn't really that the wiki considers a lot of his stuff low 1-C or whatever, D&D works fine with 1-A stuff, the trick is to totally ignore smurfiness for mechanics. the main issue is that Dovah isn't really a single class or restricted to a single set of features- essentially he's whatever you want to spec him as, same for a normal D&D character. the only thing I could really make for him is thunder attacks to imitate thu'um and maybe the soul gem stuff.
Wow, never knew he was done so many times.

aye, not as much content as other verses but plenty of shit gets converted into D&D.

Also yes, I now understand why it would be complicated due to the whole Dovahkiin/prisoner since they are basically everything at the same time

Also yes, I now understand why it would be complicated due to the whole Dovahkiin/prisoner since they are basically everything at the same time
It's more like they're just a character in any of the D&D classes with a couple abilities apart from these.

Nono, they're just already a D&D character. Like from the core gameplay of Skyrim, there's very little difference between the player and a typical player of D&D. Melee builds are just typical fighters, magic builds are just typical sorcerers, etc etc. There's very little intrinsic to the character.

How about something much more simple?

He prefers being a range fighter but isn't afraid to get up close and personal to kick your ass. He can take on the form of any Vehicle he's scanned, can scale surfaces with no issues almost like Spider-Man as long as it's Vertical, has homing attacks for some of his weapons, can fly depending on what Alt Mode he's currently using, can technically change his colors but it's never brought up in the story itself so it's more so purely for cosmetics, can hack into Military Grade Servers and Process large amounts of information, has a minor healing factor that can heal small wounds pretty quickly as long as he isn't still being damaged and can constantly come up with plans on the fly to take care of unexpected events he couldn't see coming.

ngl, this character seems like they would make for a good D&D boss.
Back when I was talking to Agnaa a lot more, believe I even mentioned that her vs Strahd would be neat if they were even vaguely close in tiers. Still did end up making the verse page for that lazy bugger though.

Honestly that statblock is pretty ass and lacks some understanding of core concepts but it does at least try. I could probably do a patch-up...

I really need to get back to work on this stuff. Just been drained of late.

I remember RotMG.

I remember making some dnd sheets for custom games with my family (I bring this up because I was using characters from other games). Unfortunately I never finished many of them, but it was fun.

I remember when I tried to put the Terrarian in DND (it didn’t go well). This thread makes me want to try that again and see if I could do it properly this time.

Screw it, we're doing Megatron from the DS Games. He's basically the same as his Movie Counterpart except he's a lot more Range Focused, has the Allspark in his Possession which grants some useful abilities like making Allspark Drones that can harm Optimus and C-A-B and can Scale Surfaces.

I remember making some dnd sheets for custom games with my family (I bring this up because I was using characters from other games). Unfortunately I never finished many of them, but it was fun.

I remember when I tried to put the Terrarian in DND (it didn’t go well). This thread makes me want to try that again and see if I could do it properly this time.
I think something like the Terrarian you'd basically have to decide on a kit with. It's totally unrealistic that they'd just have all their stuff all the time, so like... pick a point in the game, figure out what your hotbar would be, your items you consistently carry with you, and that's your Terrarian statblock.

your weebery does not compare to my tiny painted figurines

I figured some gods would be High 1-A and dungeon masters would of course be Tier 0. I meant like a final boss, not a god character or anything like that.

I figured some gods would be High 1-A and dungeon masters would of course be Tier 0. I meant like a final boss, not a god character or anything like that.
The DM on the wiki is currently set to "potentially High 1-A" as its essentially "he's as arbitrarily stronger than these 1-As who transcend these 1-As, etc, as he wants to be". That said, all 5e campaigns are fairly mild for the wiki, with the strongest creature involved only ever hitting Tier 6.

From a certain point of view.

maybe.

I really need to keep working on the Plague Inc thing, it was so close to being finished before I stopped.

Back