• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the OP lol.
Truth be told, I can still argue for the multipliers, but I have realized how much scaling issues they've caused us. They were actually being restrictive, and resulted in weird convoluted scaling. As it turns out we're better off without them in the grand scheme of things, so yeah. This has my seal of approval for whatever that's worth.
I agree with this, but it still feels weird to not give them a Multiplier of some sort.

His power varies over time. This is literally going from A to 10xA in the span of less than a second. He should've violated Naruto then.
the Alternative is saying that SM is literally no boost at all which is contradicted by everything
Well it's different but it's definitely not on your side to justify 10x
there Is a reason why we don’t use one shots in scaling chains because they are inconsistent. Naruto and Sasuke were taking hits fine from Jubbito who is able to fight the MAS these are both the same difference in power but huge differences in how they are damaged
Regen and stamina have nothing to do with durability
its important for tanking hits and being able to still move
No proof he didn't do his max.
The fact that he could still fight someone in a massively stronger form then what you think could fight him
Suigetsu thought he could beat Sasuke and Kisame when he got the sword.
It's definitely not
So you are accepting the sword>Suigetsu=<Ay>the sword
AP for the collision, lifting for the pressure.
so it is both
I just see Naruto taking a bunch of hits from someone 10x stronger than him.
and he is getting beat up again by someone not trying to kill him

the Alternative is saying that SM is literally no boost at all which is contradicted by everything
No, the alternative is that SM is a boost, just not a huge one.
there Is a reason why we don’t use one shots in scaling chains because they are inconsistent. Naruto and Sasuke were taking hits fine from Jubbito who is able to fight the MAS these are both the same difference in power but huge differences in how they are damaged
"Taking hits fine" the first hit they took destroyed their entire susanoo and bijuu mode. They didn't take any hits.
its important for tanking hits and being able to still move
Still move, yes. take hits, no.
Regen doesn't affect blocking, dodging, and deflecting hits
The fact that he could still fight someone in a massively stronger form then what you think could fight him
"Massively stronger form" with feats of being comparable
So you are accepting the sword>Suigetsu=<Ay>the sword
No, suigetsu + the sword ~ Ay > the sword by itself

and he is getting beat up again by someone not trying to kill him
Does not matter because there's no reason for him to change his AP that much. If he was massively stronger he woulda just incapped him

Yea uh I disagree and I mainly disagree due to the other s4 having statements being above Jirobo. Also the databook saying their lvl 2 amps something doesn't mean it doesn't amp other stats. Which clearly lvl 2 amps stats.

Pain swapping with Naruto then reacting to Sm naruto isn't really evidence that sm isn't a massive amp. I think that what's happening is that

1. Naruto in taijutsu is just able to keep up with Pain and Pain isn't trying at full power to blitz Naruto.

2. Pain and naruto can simply scale in taijutsu, Naruto seems confident in fighting Pain even though he knows Pain killed Kakashi, so clearly Naruto in base has become faster but isn't as strong as Pain. Basically Base Naruto~Pain in speed , Sage Mode Naruto~>Pain in speed. It's pretty apparent that upon entering Sm Narutos kick is only noticed when it's up close to Pain and gives the indication spark that Pain notices it then not before.

Yea uh I disagree and I mainly disagree due to the other s4 having statements being above Jirobo. Also the databook saying their lvl 2 amps something doesn't mean it doesn't amp other stats. Which clearly lvl 2 amps stats.
Above him otherwise, but not necessarily raw strength. You're telling me that Tayuya can punch harder than Jirobo or something like that?

Above him otherwise, but not necessarily raw strength. You're telling me that Tayuya can punch harder than Jirobo or something like that?
She’s directly stated to be stronger than him, so…

Big and bulky brawler character does not always equal the physically strongest.

I agree with the OP lol.
Truth be told, I can still argue for the multipliers, but I have realized how much scaling issues they've caused us. They were actually being restrictive, and resulted in weird convoluted scaling. As it turns out we're better off without them in the grand scheme of things, so yeah. This has my seal of approval for whatever that's worth.
Basically my thoughts

Yea uh I disagree and I mainly disagree due to the other s4 having statements being above Jirobo.
This was not the point of the thread
Also the databook saying their lvl 2 amps something doesn't mean it doesn't amp other stats.
It says destructive power is the focus for Jirobo.
1 person says it amps strength, another says chakra
Which clearly lvl 2 amps stats.
Barely showcased, ever.
Pain swapping with Naruto then reacting to Sm naruto isn't really evidence that sm isn't a massive amp. I think that what's happening is that

1. Naruto in taijutsu is just able to keep up with Pain and Pain isn't trying at full power to blitz Naruto.

2. Pain and naruto can simply scale in taijutsu, Naruto seems confident in fighting Pain even though he knows Pain killed Kakashi, so clearly Naruto in base has become faster but isn't as strong as Pain. Basically Base Naruto~Pain in speed , Sage Mode Naruto~>Pain in speed. It's pretty apparent that upon entering Sm Narutos kick is only noticed when it's up close to Pain and gives the indication spark that Pain notices it then not before.
It's not speed wise, it's AP.
SM Naruto is supposed to be >10x Pain but didn't one shot him or do any noticeable damage. Only knocked him back

This was not the point of the thread

It says destructive power is the focus for Jirobo.
1 person says it amps strength, another says chakra

Barely showcased, ever.

It's not speed wise, it's AP.
SM Naruto is supposed to be >10x Pain but didn't one shot him or do any noticeable damage. Only knocked him back
Lvl 2 cm almost always shows an amp. If we take the prime example who every other cm is based off of, which is Jugo, we'd obviously have to assume other's cm2 also amps. It wouldn't make sense to say the cms that are based off of Jugos suddenly don't amp stats.

Jugos cm amps stats

Jirobo tells us cm2 amps his power 10x

the other Sound 4 scale above Jirobo

Other S4>Jirobo 10x amp

Lvl 2 cm almost always shows an amp. If we take the prime example who every other cm is based off of, which is Jugo, we'd obviously have to assume other's cm2 also amps. It wouldn't make sense to say the cms that are based off of Jugos suddenly don't amp stats.

Jugos cm amps stats

Jirobo tells us cm2 amps his power 10x

the other Sound 4 scale above Jirobo

Other S4>Jirobo 10x amp
Ok, I'll target the sound four in another thread then since the girl who plays a flute is physically stronger than the guy who pushes mountain sized characters.

Do the S4 other than Jirobo actually demonstrate an increase in physical stats?
They don't even fight physically except Sakon and Ukon, who in their Level 2 admit that they would've died from an attack from and injured Kiba and Akamaru
Nice way to argue lifting strength to striking strength....
Slaps mountain sized characters* since he did that too

Ok, I'll target the sound four in another thread then since the girl who plays a flute is physically stronger than the guy who pushes mountain sized characters.
Why is Tayuya, the one stated to be the second strongest, always the one targeted and not Kidomaru?

What cognitive dissonance prevents people from understanding that the brawler character does not always have to be the strongest in the group? Hidan, Kakuzu and Kisame are brawlers and they sure as hell aren’t the strongest in the Akatsuki.

Jirobo is directly stated to be the weakest on two different occasions, and Kidomaru is stated verbatim to be stronger than Jirobo. Kidomaru, Tayuya and Sakon are more powerful than Jirobo. There is absolutely nothing that says otherwise beside “haha big man stronk”

Why is Tayuya, the one stated to be the second strongest, always the one targeted and not Kidomaru?

What cognitive dissonance prevents people from understanding that the brawler character does not always have to be the strongest in the group? Hidan, Kakuzu and Kisame are brawlers and they sure as hell aren’t the strongest in the Akatsuki.

Jirobo is directly stated to be the weakest on two different occasions, and Kidomaru is stated verbatim to be stronger than Jirobo. Kidomaru, Tayuya and Sakon are more powerful than Jirobo. There is absolutely nothing that says otherwise beside “haha big man stronk”
It's cool bro I got it when this thread is over

They don't even fight physically except Sakon and Ukon, who in their Level 2 admit that they would've died from an attack from and injured Kiba and Akamaru

Slaps mountain sized characters* since he did that too
He did not slap him. He picked him up and threw him.

I think it's because there's a statement that Choji is the strongest person on the Sasuke Retrieval Team.

I think it's because there's a statement that Choji is the strongest person on the Sasuke Retrieval Team.
And there’s also a statement that Neji is the strongest so like 🦍

Also said statement could refer to Chōji’s Butterfly Mode, which Jirobo doesn’t scale to, so 🦍

He did not slap him. He picked him up and threw him.
JY98wfc.png
EWwemOm.png

Yea it's based on what Shikamaru thinks of the entire group. That's clearly wrong and contradicted. Akumaru can sense strength and thinks the other sound four are stronger.

jesus... when the author states somebody is stronger it doesnt always mean physically stronger.
Yeah, let’s not start this cherry-picking nonsense again. If there is no further context given to the statements, and there isn’t, stronger means actual strength and not whatever you randomly come up with

Yeah, let’s not start this cherry-picking nonsense again. If there is no further context given to the statements, and there isn’t, stronger means actual strength and not whatever you randomly come up with
Honestly, that shouldn't be such an issue and yet it is.

So we're not gonna act like Choji didn't one shot him and prove him wrong w/ this?
I gave a shit response before.

A better assessment of what's happening is that Akumaru is smelling how strong Jirobo is and doesn't think the pills will be enough, yes he's wrong, but Akumaru for one can just not the know extent of the pills, two he thinks the pills won't give choji a great enough amp.

it a problem, when we look at the actual feats in the show i hope tempest does a good job addressing it,
its why were picking on tayuya (feats vs shikimaru)
and not kimimaro orochi top dog/feats against k naruto, lee, gaara sand, orochi next body, aids against kazekage.

Last edited:
it a problem, when we look at the actual feats in the show i hope tempest does a good job addressing it,
its why were picking on tayuya (feats vs shikimaru)
and not kidomaru orochi top dog/feats against k naruto, lee, gaara sand, orochi next body, aids against kazekage.
Do you not know the difference between Kidomaru and Kimimaro

When one character is said to be "stronger" than another, it can easily be interpreted as just that character can beat the other in a fight, abilities matter and Jirobo is basically a brick, he can't do anything about Tayuya's Genjutsu, Kidomaru's web things or Sakon's merging thing, he'd lose to all three because of that whether he's physically stronger or not.

Of course context matters, but don't pretend that someone being called stronger automatically means they're above them in raw stats, there are other explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back