• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CRT About Scout (And the Mercs) Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Meet The Medic curta, we see the RED team fighting tons of BLU Soldiers, likely a horde. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36lSzUMBJnc

In the start of the cine, we see Scout and Demon, already harmed, escaping from the Soldiers.

Soldier's Rocket Launcher is possible a RPG-7 , the launcher can cause 0.21~2.1 kg of explosive force.

2.1 KG = 20,593965 Kilograms.
20,593965 Kilograms = 201,95780686724999 Joules.
201,95780686724999 Joules = 0.20195780687 Kilo Joules.

Scout survivesrocket1

One rocket hit Scout and Demon in point blank. Scout survives.
2.1 KG = 20,593965 Kilograms.
20,593965 Kilograms = 201,95780686724999 Joules.
201,95780686724999 Joules = 0.20195780687 Kilo Joules.

Scout survivesrocket2

More three rocket comes.

The 3 rockets hit scout simultaneously.

3rocketshitscout

2.1 KG = 20,593965 Kilograms (First Rocket)

+ 2.1 KG = 41,18793 Kilograms

+ 2.1 KG = 82,37586 Kilograms

+ 2.1 KG = 164,75172 Kilograms

164,75172 Kilograms = 1615,6624549379999 Joules

1615,6624549379999 Joules = 16156624549380 Kilo Joules

16156624549380 Kilo Joules = 3861525,943924474 Tons

3861525,943924474 Tons = Building Level.

Scout survived around 3861525,943924474 Tons of Rockets. Him and Demon were already before the battle. This would make them Large Building Level possibly.

Scoutdemorocketescape

as I already said, they were already escaping from the Soldiers before, and were totally injured, with the Demoman even in wheelchairs and several broken body parts. Considering that there were only Soldiers on the battlefield, this would have been clearly by the Rockets. They survived it all and even showed Scout surviving the 4 more rockets and flying directly to the Medic's base.

Nice, you just forgot to put the KJ. But theres no problem, since a 9-B explosion hitting 4 times is sufficient to see that theres no 9-A on this

Can we open another CRT to fix more of the Mercs' general powers and abilities? Like adding their extended arsenal to their powers and abilities section.

Sir Ovens said:
Can we open another CRT to fix more of the Mercs' general powers and abilities? Like adding their extended arsenal to their powers and abilities section.
Im putting the powers of the mercs in the profile each time. Theres many powers that have not been added, such as Non-Physical Interaction and Curse/Death/Life Manipulation to some characters. All of the mercenaries are equal to each other in various therms, with some exception like the Heavy being the physically strongest and Scout the fastest, but in other forms they are identical, like durability.

Dargoo Faust said:
It would benefit to pixelscale the size of the actual explosions procuced by the rockets instead of just counting and multiplying the RPG value, as those explosions look nothing like 8-C or High 8-C in size.

Theres a blast at the beginning covering half the screen. Also the blast of the rockets who hit Scout are like 6 to 7x bigger than him, we cant see it correctly because of the camera angle. I dont think graphics of a old game can interfer on a weapon potency. I counted the rockets and multiplied because the weapon is inspired by a RPG7, and doing the math we can get on a Building to a Large Building Level.

If you can estimate the explosion from Scout's size I don't see why pixelscaling is impossible. I stress using the explosion we see rather than a conjectured explosion for reasons below in this post.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
I dont think graphics of a old game can interfer on a weapon potency. I counted the rockets and multiplied because the weapon is inspired by a RPG7, and doing the math we can get on a Building to a Large Building Level.
It's from a cinematic though, and the Source Engine isn't so bad to the point where you can't try to get more exact measurements.

That's the thing; you count rockets at various points in the video and add them up, despite a number of them hitting at different times and there being a single explosion as opposed to a cluster of explosions. We can get a more reliable potency from that.

I can try and do a version of the calc myself with pixelscaling; I'd be surprised if it breaches into Tier 8 given my experience with explosions.

Even then the feat is iffy; the rockets have also instantly gibbed the same exact character in other cinematics and nearly killed them in this.

Dargoo Faust said:
I can try and do a version of the calc myself with pixelscaling; I'd be surprised if it breaches into Tier 8 given my experience with explosions.

Even then the feat is iffy; the rockets have also instantly gibbed the same exact character in other cinematics and nearly killed them in this.
Please do so, That's kind of what I was worrying about, While here he did take "Tank." 3 Rockets I admit in other cinematics they have seen to have trouble tanking even one unless thats just me on the other side of the coin it could be a possibility for them to reach Tier 8... Though for now POSSIBLY not.

Then again they were injured before and seeing they were ALL Soliders weilding Rockets as later revealed in the Trailer.

Dargoo Faust said:
The first rocket hits scout and the next three rockets hits him after 5 seconds. I dont see a problem in five seconds. Rockets gibbing and doing random stuff in the curtas are just a comic relief stuff, this happens alot in the videos, theres no need to taking it seriously. This really needs a pixelscaling? Seems unnecessary to me. But if you want to do it, do it, and like I said it has a blast in the beginning that covers half the screen.

Dargoo Faust said:
Also from the looks of it you added values from explosions at different times; durability doesn't work like that. We only calculate what hits him at once.
How durability doesn't work like that? This dont make sense. Theres no different times, only literally 5 seconds after the first rocket. Considering the power of the rockets that the RPG is based, only the three hitting him at once already gives us that he is not 9-A.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
How durability doesn't work like that? This dont make sense. Theres no different times, only literally 5 seconds after the first rocket. Considering the power of the rockets that the RPG is based, only the three hitting him at once already gives us that he is not 9-A.
We don't stack durability like that.

Take a boxer for example. We could place them reasonably well into 9-B for taking a number of punches in the "5 Seconds", but a single punch of that potency would instantly cripple them.

The same applies here. That and Scout is also instantly crippled, but that's besides the point.

If the explosion produced from those rockets that is visible is above 9-A sure. Again he's still significantly injured from the attack.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
Rockets gibbing and doing random stuff in the curtas are just a comic relief stuff, this happens alot in the videos, theres no need to taking it seriously.
The entire series has a comedic undertone. You could say that just about anything in it.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
This really needs a pixelscaling? Seems unnecessary to me. But if you want to do it, do it, and like I said it has a blast in the beginning that covers half the screen.
It seems necessary to me as those explosions don't look like they're Tier 8.

And if it covers half the screen fine; calculate how much that actually covers in distance and calc it like any other explosion on the site.

Dargoo Faust said:

Again your text did not make sense. A 9-B person because he survived several attacks in 5 seconds, but the same attack at one time could cripple him? Considering that the person has survived the same attack before, only with a greater amount and different time, this makes him relevant to endurate in the next blow, simply by holding on to the first impact. So saying it would cripple them after that is totally absurd, unless the person has a rotten part in the body that was hit squarely.

Scout was already crippled before everything happened, and the next ones dont changed anything on him.

If the explosions are above 9-A and this makes him just significantly injured, then our thing is done, theres not 9-A on him.

Dargoo Faust said:

Yes, TF2 is comedic, but theres some another things. Characters being blown up and killed in stupid ways are just random events to generate a humor. And most of these dead characters are members of the BLU. This is done "to prove" that RED is more superior than them. Taking this seriously to consider durability is extremely dumb. So a gun does not have enough power because of the graphics of its blows? I find it totally useless and unnecessary to make pixelscaling and these other things if you already have a source to prove something. As for example, theres characters that can destroy planets or cut the moon in half, and the other thing is calculating the AP scout survived from soldier's RPG that is based on the real life counterpart.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
Again your text did not make sense. A 9-B person because he survived several attacks in 5 seconds, but the same attack at one time could cripple him? Considering that the person has survived the same attack before, only with a greater amount and different time, this makes him relevant to endurate in the next blow, simply by holding on to the first impact. So saying it would cripple them after that is totally absurd, unless the person has a rotten part in the body that was hit squarely.
Surviving several attacks doesn't mean that you can survive all the attacks combined into one, as your calc suggests. I suggest you re-read my previous comment with the boxer anaology, a professional boxer can take plenty of punches over time, but adding the energy together into one attack cripples them. Same logic applies here.

He gets hit with the rockets at separate times. Not at once. I don't really know how else to tell you this.

Even then your calc isn't even the size of the explosions produced, it makes guesswork that isn't even needed.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
Scout was already crippled before everything happened, and the next ones dont changed anything on him.

If the explosions are above 9-A and this makes him just significantly injured, then our thing is done, theres not 9-A on him.
No. Later in the video he's out cold and has injuries on his face that weren't there before.

I can't make sense of this last sentence. If the explosion, singular, is above 9-A, then the feat is fine. We aren't counting the explosions, plural, together, see above.

I'm just going to get a calc of the explosions we actually see done so we can end this back and forth, honestly.

Claiming TF2 is comedic to dismiss stuff that happens isn't an argument, then, I see you agree with me. So we can disregard your previous post.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
So a gun does not have enough power because of the graphics of its blows? I find it totally useless and unnecessary to make pixelscaling and these other things if you already have a source to prove something. As for example, theres characters that can destroy planets or cut the moon in half, and the other thing is calculating the AP scout survived from soldier's RPG that is based on the real life counterpart.
Of course it's necessary to get the size of the explosion. Your "source" makes several assumptions on the rockets and piles together AP to inflate the result. If what is actually show is below that clearly your assumptions were flawed and should be disregarded. This isn't because of graphics either, we're legit just taking the explosion that is actually seen in the cinematic instead of making an imaginary one and nailing it on there.

That's also an extremely poor example. We use the planet and moon for the size of reference objects so we can pixelscale the feat, not to define the energy from the feat itself.

Dargoo Faust said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Just as a heads up, the rocket Launcher has a listed blast radius of 9.1 ft
Also I calced the explosion at 9-A.

Still not convinced, the angle of the camera is not proportional and we canot see the size of the explosion right, and you dont even mentioned the explosion at the beginning of the short that is not proportional either. Also the explosion is not 364px. This is one of the reasons that makes the calculations incorrect.

Dargoo Faust said:
Taking plenty of punches over time and adding the energy together into one attack are so different things, bruh. Same is if i use my feet to hit so hard a table and it stay fine, but it will cripple if i use both of my hands to give more potency. Also, i cited before: your calc is wrong. The final explosion is not even 364px.

The calc from naruto forms is much more decent and complete than these ones. If u analise it, you will see that it is actually correct and more reliable. idk why u guys dont use it. Also i saw more calcs around internet some days ago, and all of them was reaching 8-C to High 8-C with nowhere to be 9-A with the characters.

How are they different? You're doing the exact same thing with your calc in the OP.

I measured the object as 364px with GIMP, as well as the Scout. By all means correct my pixelscaling on my blog with your own version if you have issues, instead of saying it's wrong and leaving it at that.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
The calc from naruto forms is much more decent and complete than these ones. If u analise it, you will see that it is actually correct and more reliable.
I'll take a look at it. However from a cursory glance the comments had back and forth on issues with it.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
Also i saw more calcs around internet some days ago, and all of them was reaching 8-C to High 8-C with nowhere to be 9-A with the characters.
Citation needed.

Maskofthedragon said:
Before this thread gets locked, what is the bare minimum needed to one-shot a tank?
Depends on the Tank I think, The M1 abraham one if I remember right has mowed down literal houses before, Still small building level by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back