• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Two Biggest Explosion Junkies Are On The Loose! (Megumin (Konosuba) vs Demoman (Team Fortress 2))

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hopefully this isn't a stomp because really, these two are a serious mixed bag. So let's cut to the chase, alright?

Megumin's main deal is explosions, which were clocked in at 30 tons of TNT in the beginning of the series; however, her durability is trash: just one kilojoule. Mike Tyson could KO her if he lands a punch in! Plus Megumin's explosions basically require that Megumin recite the Gettysburg Address and once she casts the spell just once, she basically dies. Megumin is perhaps the least likely to need a straitjacket out of all the girls Kazuma teamed up with, however. Also, again, the Soul Manipulation deal is only an after-death thing, so that's not a win-con for Megumin.

Demoman's main deal is also explosions, but unlike Megumin who does literally nothing but the basics, Demoman's able to make great use of his explosives, able to leap a mile with sticky-jumping and setting up sticky traps. That and Demoman isn't limited to explosives, as he can just whack Megumin with a bottle or decapitate Megumin with what I'm pretty sure is a machete: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Prinny_Machete

Also, unlike Megumin, Demoman can use as many explosives as he wants without dying as a result.

Demoman, however, is only 9-B, 9-A at most (0.007 tons), but in his case, it's across the board. That and unlike Megumin, Demoman really doesn't need a haiku to make something blow up; in fact, his standard grenade launcher can just hit Megumin and explode. Of course unlike Megumin who has her head straight at all times, Demoman probably has a BAC of 0.2%, maybe 0.25% (https://mcwell.nd.edu/your-well-being/physical-well-being/alcohol/blood-alcohol-concentration/ ), which would make it hard for Demoman to ******* aim.

That being said...

1. Starting distance is 300 feet (91.44 meters) (enough range for both Megumin to try casting the spell and for Demoman to close the gap since Megumin needs like 15 seconds to cast Explosion; I checked. Bear in mind, Megumin always goes right for Explosion in-character)
2. This is Volume 1 Megumin vs Gravel Wars Demoman and Demoman is without power-ups (I don't think they would've helped anyhow).
3. Speed is equalized

Here are their profiles.:

Megumin's Profile
Demoman's Profile

Who takes this?

Megumin: 0
Demoman: 6 (CuteAnimeNekoGirl99, Artorimachi Meteoraft, Doggo, Turtlelord26, JustaNormalLemon AThe1412)
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Megumin would **** up! Mike tyson

But anyway Demoman with sticky jumps, shields as well as the ali baba’s wee booties would allow him to get out the range of the explosion and allow Demo to kill megumin

That’s about it Demo!!!! Wooo

Megumin would **** up! Mike tyson

But anyway Demoman with sticky jumps, shields as well as the ali baba’s wee booties would allow him to get out the range of the explosion and allow Demo to kill megumin

That’s about it Demo!!!! Wooo
Not sure what I'm supposed to make of this from the way it was written, but I guess that's one for Demoman.

Demoman's win rate would definitely be 100% if he arms himself with the Chargin targe along with his Post-Robot War abilities, which amongst those Post-Robot War abilities includes 3 canteen bottles that allows him to self-Uber charge himself, which definitely would be enough for him to survive Megumin's explosion.

Yeah Tavish's mobility is more than enough to score him the win. With that in mind, Funbari's point doesn't work here since the canteens aren't in his Gravel War key.

Demoman's win rate would definitely be 100% if he arms himself with the Chargin targe along with his Post-Robot War abilities, which amongst those Post-Robot War abilities includes 3 canteen bottles that allows him to self-Uber charge himself, which definitely would be enough for him to survive Megumin's explosion.
I specified Gravel Wars Demoman, dude..!

"The sexualization of minor in the Japanese culture makes me SICK! more them usual."
-Demonman moments before decaptating Meguiun with his higher mobility and dash speed, probable

Talking about that, shouldn't Demo have speed boos by dashing on his profile?

this is a vote for Demo

Back