• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crown of Dreams | Role play

"Generally yes, those who look for instant spells only do it for effectiveness but not for efficiency, you could use the spell you want but it wouldn't be as good as one with an incantation" Sasha said watching the rock slowly turn to gold but unstable, leaving small sections of space where there is stone
"Hmmm..." Konoe tilted her head as she tried to scrutinize how the rock didn't turn into gold fully, "Did I mess up with the Flow again? I'm pretty sure I said the incantations fully here on the scroll, Miss Sasha..."

"Hmmm..." Konoe tilted her head as she tried to scrutinize how the rock didn't turn into gold fully, "Did I mess up with the Flow again? I'm pretty sure I said the incantations fully here on the scroll, Miss Sasha..."
"Well, you did all the steps correctly, it was just that the magic did not enter the object quite well, try again, a small slip of magic happens to anyone" Sasha said

"Yes ma'am." Konoe nodded, before repeating the same incantation on another rock.
This time, the incantation worked perfectly, there was no error both outside and inside the rock.

"Good, I will help you not only to transform something solid into other solid things, but also to change its physical state(Ghas and liquid), that will be more complicated tho."

This time, the incantation worked perfectly, there was no error both outside and inside the rock.

"Good, I will help you not only to transform something solid into other solid things, but also to change its physical state (Gas and liquid), that will be more complicated tho."
"Got it."

Incantation she did, muttering runes as she tried to make the gold into liquid form.

"Got it."

Incantation she did, muttering runes as she tried to make the gold into liquid form.
The spell took longer to do it effect, perhaps because it was the first time it was cast, some theorists believe that magicians have a metaphysical muscle, each spell they cast needs to be refined so that they can do it more easily, similar to how someone has to exercise to be at his/her peak

"Well done" Sasha said like a proud mother watching her daughter get the highest grade on a test.

The spell took longer to do it effect, perhaps because it was the first time it was cast, some theorists believe that magicians have a metaphysical muscle, each spell they cast needs to be refined so that they can do it more easily, similar to how someone has to exercise to be at his/her peak

"Well done" Sasha said like a proud mother watching her daughter get the highest grade on a test.
"Hmmm...." Konoe would examine how it took long, though given she read those books as a child, this wasn't the first, "So repetition it is..."

After the whole ordeal, Taeka decided to take more time to train her body, specifically, her senses. Getting into a meditative position with her eyes open, she tried to absorb every sensory activity going on around her: the dark horizon, dimly lit by starlight. The smell of fire and of the food that had been prepared. The taste of even the vapor in the air. The feeling of its gentle breeze and the almost nonexistent pressure that went with it. The sounds of the night that was now much more quiet. Well, now that the mistwraiths were mostly neutralized.

However, she did hear something. It was faintly the sound of Sasha and Konoe training their magic.

She could never do something like that. She wished she could. How many situations where she had narrowly avoided death could have been handled much easier had she known magic?

Taeka thought back to a time earlier in this crusade of hers, protecting her people from the conflict the two kingdoms had.

She had suffered a gunshot wound in her right shoulder, some lacerations across her body, a stab wound in her torso just above the liver, and a few broken ribs, combined with the exhaustion of her nonstop assault on the intruding forces. The Red Hand and Iron Warriors in the area were reduced from full-sized camps to around 5 to 10 survivors that retreated by her hand over the course of 7 days. The final conflict that had left the Gallen in such a state was in a building with failing structural integrity.

Taeka tried to make her way out of the building, but didn't prove to be fast enough. 450 tons worth of rubble had her literally buried alive. Only small gaps could provide oxygen that was wed with dust and powdered stone and gravel. Combined with her injuries, and the weights she wore which made her body feel even heavier- more so with the weight of the rubble compounding that- she thought for a brief moment that she would die.

Until she thought about how many more would die if she threw in the towel here.

Summoning all her strength, she stretched force her hands. Her muscles flexed as she yelled aloud. The rubble lifted with her arms as though she benchpressed it. Shifting the position of her legs as she hoisted her former tomb, she began to stand and rise. Discarding the fallen stone, she made her way back to the abandoned bases. Fires were still burning, and there were some weapons and tools that had not been fully packed. She sat down, noticing the tracks of the vehicles that had driven away.

"And stay out..." She said, before lying down and passing out, the closest thing to sleep she had obtained in a while.

It didn't seem fair to her. Why was she less gifted, less talented, less supernaturally inclined? Why did her home get caught in the crossfire? Why not one of the ones who could actually use Investiture? Why did she have to knock on death's door on numerous occasions, being saved by only an odd marriage of her luck and wit?

She swiftly shook her head, sighing as some of the more... intrusive thoughts almost took root.

Last edited:
"Okay, got it..." Konoe nodded, before doing it again on the rock, turning it into a gas, then liquid, then back to solid, and repeating for around 2 times.
"Okay, now try with this sandwich, but without changing the tomato" Sasha said, showing her a sandwich, the objective of this was to show precision and control, not to completely transmution and leave what she wants intact.

"Yes, that is the idea"
Konoe would nod, stare at the sandwich, and analyze. The margin of error was to be considered, and the complete incantation of the spell was to be applied. Breathing in and out, she felt the mana- not too strong, not too weak- all in harmony, both sides colliding and forming nothing.

The two become one.

With finesse, she uttered, and tried to make the entire sandwich into air, all except the tomato.

Konoe would nod, stare at the sandwich, and analyze. The margin of error was to be considered, and the complete incantation of the spell was to be applied. Breathing in and out, she felt the mana- not too strong, not too weak- all in harmony, both sides colliding and forming nothing.

The two become one.

With finesse, she uttered, and tried to make the entire sandwich into air, all except the tomato.
After a moment, the sandwich changed, perhaps its shape was not the same on the outside but it was just an aesthetic problem, she managed to transmute it correctly without affecting the tomato.

"Huh...." Konoe muttered, before looking at Sasha to see if she did it right.
"Everything is fine, let's continue with this other transmutation scroll" said Sasha putting another scroll.

So they spent the whole night practicing magic, they ended up transmuting a dozen things and they had to undo it to its natural state, in addition to practicing telepathy, in order to have a better affinity and be able to communicate over long distances with ease.

[Now timeskip, current time 8:30 AM]

Currently the Group was in a town, eating breakfast in a restaurant

(You can describe your breakfasts if you want)

Rex and the old man ate rice with grilled beef along with orange juice, Noah ate confleis and Sasha ate a simple oatmeal

Deel breakfast consisted of a classic dish in the morning, eggs with bacon, although given he needs more then just this to feel satisfied, he had 6 dishes of that for himself, along a cuff of hot coffee, which he can drink it no problem as it is given to him, since Deel isnt bothered if it is too hot to drink

[Now timeskip, current time 8:30 AM]

Currently the Group was in a town, eating breakfast in a restaurant
Yoshioka was enjoying on some expertly made meal, much like a true chef would: some perfectly poached eggs atop a bed of creamy avocado slices, sprinkled with a pinch of smoked sea salt for an exquisite flavor contrast. Accompanying this is a delicate smoked salmon, with a zesty lemon-infused ricotta spread. Complementing the main course is a refreshing tropical fruit salad, featuring a medley of ripe mango, juicy pineapple, and succulent blueberries, drizzled with a honey-lime dressing. For her beverage— a freshly brewed cup of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee.

For Konoe, she's delighting on some Shakshuka, a Middle Eastern delight of poached eggs in a spiced tomato and bell pepper stew, served with warm and crusty sourdough bread, and a side of miso soup, brimming with tofu, seaweed, and green onions. Up to her right is a quinoa bowl, adorned with avocado slices, black beans, and a drizzle of chimichurri sauce. For her dessert— a Greek yogurt parfait layered with granola, mixed berries, and a sprinkle of pistachios. To cleanse her pallette, she has a cup of Moroccan mint tea as refreshments.

Taeka had a strict budget for the time being. However, she gave herself as many lean proteins, carbs, vegetables, fruits, and dairy her money could afford. She didn't care what specifically was on her plate. After all, beggars can't really choosers. She could've had more if she had sold some of the stuff she had plundered from Iron Warrior bases and Red Hand bases. However, that didn't sit right with her: giving dangerous gear and weapons away for money so she could have a bigger plate of food. Besides, she already knew that what food she did have was still enough to put her in a caloric surplus.

Zebedee's food was more... unconventional. His plate consisted of only 5 dozen scrambled eggs, and 4 cups of water to counterbalance the sodium within them.

Noah finished his food and looked at the others.

"So where are we going"

"Erh, well, according to the investigation, the next place is in the mountains, we will have to go on foot" said Sasha finishing her food.

"The bad thing about portals and teleportation out of our range of vision to a distant place is that we cannot be 100% sure that when we cross, there are no enemies on our back behind the portal" Rex said looking at both

"Although we can use the portal to shorten the path, I suppose it will be the easiest option, appear a little below the mountains and then climb" Grandpa aswner

"Perhaps we could make use of the air and get there? Zebedee's a Weatherwraith and... Yoshioka's got some aerial gadgets..." Konoe replied.
The grandfather put his hand on his chin thoughtfully for a moment "Maybe, but it would be a mistake, if they see us in the air we would be shot down suddenly, staying on the ground would be easier than an air battle, we don't know what we are facing, it could be be against the heavy weaponry of the Iron warrior or the various magicians, perhaps something new like a defense of the place that we are heading to "

"Although if we manage to be the first to arrive or leave we can use your idea to go faster out of that place." Rex smiled at Konoe, he didn't like to discard ideas.

Last edited:
The grandfather put his hand on his chin thoughtfully for a moment "Maybe, but it would be a mistake, if they see us in the air we would be shot down suddenly, staying on the ground would be easier than an air battle, we don't know what we are facing, it could be be against the heavy weaponry of the Iron warrior or the various magicians, perhaps something new like a defense of the place that we are heading to "

"Although if we manage to be the first to arrive or leave we can use your idea to go faster out of that place." Rex smiled at Konoe, he didn't like to discard ideas.
"What about we divide into teams?" Yoshioka asked.

"Wait, no, that'd also be bad. Even with the assumption they couldn't attack all of us, we'd still be unassuming if they're just holding back or bluffing..." Konoe replied, "Though me and Miss Sasha could make use of the portals to ensure a safe exit when we need to..."

"Right..." Yoshioka nodded, "If only we got a good frontliner like Volstagg..."

"Honestly, Volstagg wouldn't like this situation, he preferring to do the job safely by taking several days of preparation, which we don't have. It is his weak point if you look at it in certain ways, he does not like to take risks unlike us (Noah, Rex and Grandpa), that is why he is with the others, making sure that we do not have to fight with thousands of hundreds of enemies and have Pythan and Rassilon in our back" Rex explain to the girl

"We could prep diversions and what not on the way there, and then unleash them in a combination of stealth as well as a direct attack..." Zebedee suggested before taking another bite of the ungodly amount of eggs on his plate.

"I can tell you what to expect in a standard Iron Warrior camp, but some stuff may even catch me by surprise. Should still be able to be wiped out with a powerful enough EMP, though," Taeka said, "Magic users are far more unpredictable, but there's a sure-fire method to deal with them and their unpredictability..."

Rex turned his head casually, lately it feels strange to be with them, from what he has been able to deduce, they are more than 10 times stronger than him, he will have to do something to make up for that difference, he should probably train on his own.

Deel was still drinking his coffee from his hand as he listened to the others, Xordenia on the other hand was laying rest on top of Yoshi head, she was gonna be in a state of lazyness for quite some time now

(I better start this)
The trip was long, in fact they had to move for almost 100 kilometers, taking some pauses from time to time to take a breath or relieve themselves, now they were moving along a rocky and irregular path towards the chasm of the mountain, walking was a bit difficult. but not at all impossible,

The harsh sun hit Rex's back as he moved around his surroundings, following his companions, since his eyes were covered with a bandage he had to focus on the closest source of life, in this case his companions, that is why that being alone in the desert was one of his most exploitable weaknesses, his enhanced senses allow him to sense metal and presence up to a certain range but it is not unlimited, if he were trapped in a place alone without metal or people he would be truly blinded, he would have than relying on just one eye which would give you only half sight.

"hmm." Rex moved carefully to not slip since sky was becoming cloudy, the rain appeared slightly although it did not seem to be getting worse, the sun was partially covered by the clouds.

Rex felt something, Perhaps the most important application of his extrasensory ability is how it combines into a radar sense that allows him to detect the entirety of his surroundings down to the smallest detail. This allows him to not only dodge several gunmen shooting at him at once, but also coordinate through the shots so that the bullet trajectories do not intersect with surrounding civilians. With the help of a radar sense, even at a great distance, a sudden change in someone's emotional state can give Rex the opportunity to locate an enemy as well as detecting weak spots in metals that allow him to use his abilities. control effectively. However, now he feels something, as if there was a lighthouse and everything around him was a kind of fog, with a gesture he made the others follow him.

His instincts were right.

In front of the group was a metallic figure, his appearance was not at all reminiscent of anything Rex had seen, Noah and Sasha were afraid, while the old man seemed to be very serious.

This thing gave off no investiture, however, its presence was as heavy as the gravity that bound one to the earth, although it was not negatively affecting anyone, it was more like a non-lethal smoke that touched the senses.

"Ah finally, I honestly expected that you all would be the third group to arrive but it seems that I was wrong, you are the last hehe, well it makes sense, people are busy and need time to finish their stuff, I guess time and fortune telling are not my strong, man, I got so bored that it seems like it rained while i was waiting... Anyway, behind me is the door that will take you to where you must go to get the next piece of the crown...." It say to the group

"Ah finally, I honestly expected that you all would be the third group to arrive but it seems that I was wrong, you are the last hehe, well it makes sense, people are busy and need time to finish their stuff, I guess time and fortune telling are not my strong, man, I got so bored that it seems like it rained while i was waiting... Anyway, behind me is the door that will take you to where you must go to get the next piece of the crown...." It say to the group
Yoshioka seemed to not worry, as she was holding Xordenia by her arms, cradling them before handing her to Konoe, who seemed prepared for anything.

"I'm guessing you're giving us a riddle?" she asked politely, knowing stuff like these— sphinx and all— are part of the tropes.

Yoshioka seemed to not worry, as she was holding Xordenia by her arms, cradling them before handing her to Konoe, who seemed prepared for anything.

"I'm guessing you're giving us a riddle?" she asked politely, knowing stuff like these— sphinx and all— are part of the tropes.
"Quite observant as always Yoshioka" He said while holding out his hands.

"As you know, power is not given just like that, you have to earn it and use it wisely" said this being, knowing Yoshioka's name

"Quite observant as always Yoshioka" He said while holding out his hands.

"As you know, power is not given just like that, you have to earn it and use it wisely" said this being, knowing Yoshioka's name
"I see..." Yoshioka nodded, "Well, if we're not going to fight, then this will be the best...." she stood afloat, making a glass chair for her to do an Indian seat...

"What's the riddle?"

Back