• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath vs Zeref Dragneel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inconclusive.

The fight is a who strikes first scenario, Cole's Black Holes instantly absorb every atom of Zeref's body on contact, while Death Spells bypass regen.

Slightly Leaning on Cole since Death Spells can be dodged, but I'm unsure if he can.

Inc for now.

Cole due to WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better regen.

I'll take a better look later.

I'm actually curious if Death Spell can negate that level of Regenerationn. I mean if you can regenerate from atoms you should be able to recover from instant death depending on how it works. I think I should ask William about that.

Vote counted

Cole:0

Zeref:0

Inconclusive:1

@Knight his death manipulation sucks your life energy (it looks like it at least)from your body so regen doesn't really help.

Oh shit....

That REALLY hurts Zeref, Instant Black Hole makes it bypass and then a teleport once it resumes.

Yeah keep it in character

Gargoyle One said:
Oh shit....

That REALLY hurts Zeref, Instant Black Hole absorbs it and then a teleport once it resumes.

Yeah keep it in character
Black hole absorbs time stop? I don't get it...

Black hole absorbs time stop? I don't get it...

It doesn't, The Black Hole leaves zero Life Force to be drained.

Still not sure what you mean honestly... Also, asking @Repp is likely better i may know the verse, but abilties mechanics are his thing. (About death manip).

There's no life force to be drained.

Therefore it won't absorb Cole's nonexistent life fore, if it hits it and doesn't harmlessly pass through

Doesn't matter anyway, Bloodlust is removed so it's a who strike first.

Still vote inconclusive

Gargoyle One said:
There's no life force to be drained.

Therefore it won't absorb Cole's nonexistent life fore, if it hits it and doesn't harmlessly pass through
Wait isn't he a living creature? He should have life force...

Wait you think he can transform completely into a black hole before his time is stopped, even if his transformation looks instanenous, it's still a transformation... That looks pretty iffy, but okay since the problem was removed.

I could discuss that, but since it doesn't matter anymore i will just let it be.

Also, incon for me as well.

Well fair is fair.

In any case I find death magic to be as effectve as atom disintegration so I lean for a tie with the combo of their abilities. A bit bias to one character due to their powerset but that's small and won't change the result

Leaning a bit towards Zeref for now, but I'm open to debate

Time reversal most likely can counter matter absorption, since all the atoms are still there, they just been added onto Cole's persons (John used the ability to rebuild his body after atomized). All Zeref's gotta do is reverse the time of the atoms to the point where they weren't absorbed, boom, Zeref's back.

Zeref did casually time reverse from getting vaporized by Natsu's attack.

Can't remember time stop being used in battle, but it's an option I guess, same for summoning.

However, the thing I'm iffy on rn is death magic. Does it drain life energy? All I remember is it killing whatever it touches.

If is the latter, than Cole can most likely counter via regen and he fact that he can casually restart his vitals (in Post-Blast, Cole stopped breathing, and his heart stopped for around 5-6 minutes, and then just came back).

He can also just dodge the stuff via teleportation and can maybe use shields or Ionic Vortex to mess up the trajectory of the attack.

However, if it's the latter, than Zeref one shots, since that's his go to move

Cole is most likely to start off with a Ray Field Blast, which is an omnidirectional attack that first drains the neuroelectricty from everyone in the area, turns it into Ray Field energy, and sends it back out to super-nuke the area.

However, Zeref can most likely counter that with time reversal.

Again, open to debate

Well it was shown that Zeref can rot away trees and grass, but that's all I can think of right now.

The easiest example of his death manipulation is Zancrow who just died. He got no physical damage he just died.

Does it drain life force? Does it do something else and simply kills?

Well, ask Hiro Mashima.

But the thing is none of the people that it has been used on had healing factors, so it's effects on someone like Cole are unknown.

Well we can only assume a death spell casts death.

If it can inconclusive

If it fails on High, Cole wins.

My main issue is that once Zeref figures out he's getting killed, he's gonna try to get away.

THAT SAID, If this is in character Zeref, isn't this the Zeref who literally wanted to die? :^ )

But yeah joking aisde nothing's stopping him from realizing that, time stop, and then btfo away. Time stop + tele is very useful here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back