• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath vs Zeref Dragneel

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Zeref as white here is the zeref that determined to win because ha already has the power he conclusion. He only lose to...well, you know.

Anyway, I think I'll wait for more input before making conclusion.

Edit: i know you're joking but i can't help but wish to point it out.

Are people seriously discussing whether death manipulation can kill someone with high regen?

It's a laughing matter.

@HSH

Fair fair, it's an absurdly stupid argument anyway lol. But yeah anyone who uses that joke seriously needs a slap

@Blanked

You're a laughing matter >: (

Joking aside I'm focusing on the other issue.

Guys.

Cole's Teleportation is huge and has zero cooldown.

Zeref's teleportation gets countered.

Also, I still have yet to see Zeref time reverse out of atomization.

I've yet to still see Cole deal with time stop ovo

And how do you even say teleportation gets countered?

Also I disagree with planetary teleportation btw.

Via his own teleportation?

Death Spells are also dodgeable, unlike the Black Hole, unless he uses time Stop.

And?

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
I've yet to still see Cole deal with time stop ovo
Didn't Zeref time stop one time in the series, and it was never used to kill someone?

^It is also true Zeref fought ones(twice if ya want to count it as two rounds against Natsu) in the entire series.

That, said i am not discussing anything.

@Gargoyle

No what I'm saying is that you make it seem like it's completely shut down. At best both are equal in terms of moving around via teleportation.

Death Spells are dodgeable when he's holding them back. But passively he kills the life out of everything around him (Shirou level words). And not really relevant when you grab someone and use a death bomb on them.

And that's it. I disagree cause it's BS. No way Cole has a better handle on it. He can teleport sure. Also I'm wondering where the infinite teleports with no cooldowns come from considering the Beast sure has a wide cooldown on it.. and his power isn't certaily exactly like Nix's or Kuo's who also had cooldowns... Just an observation.

Oh goodie, the "He only used it once so he can't ever use it" argument. Let me take you up on this offer than in that style of argument

When has ever Evil Cole ever used the ability to reform out of a black hole? When has Evil Cole spammed teleportation? It's silly to say "He only use this once so he probably never uses this" in an argument. Especially considering that the only facts backing up Evil Cole having his abilities are statements like that. Evil Cole being able to use some abilities that only the Beast used is the same reason why Zeref can use the abilities he used.

John only used his teleportation a few times and then never fought Cole with said ability again.

So are we going to say he can't teleport?

It's absurd to say that and frankly it's an argument that tics me off. Have to go but we really should stop neglecting abilities that people use in a Death Battle. Otherwise we might as well say the profiles are inaccurate which is clearly not the case.

I think Natsu is your favourite character considering how fired up you are right now.

I can't believe this thread actually got a similar debate...

Oh goodie, the "He only used it once so he can't ever use it" argument.
I never said he can't use it, I said he never used the time stop to kill anyone in character.

Nope, I'm saying teleportation with similar range counters teleportation with similar range.

So they both have undogeable attacks, all the more reason for inconclusive.

Hence why I never once brought up planetary teleportation, let's be honest, the cooldown rate is obvious game mechanics and is the equivalent of saying DMC characters don't have infinite DT.

I assume you're replying to the other guy because I didn't even mention him only using it once, I mentioned how we can't assume he can regen from singular atoms.

Tho Monkey mentioned the spells working was unknown and so was Zeref's reversal after said Black Hole, making this more inconclusive

Don't be another FT thread that goes down the drain.

Changing vote to inconclusive.

Since the mechanics of death magic are ambiguous at best, we can only assume it just causes death

To what extent, don't know. But it has never been used on someone with Cole's level of regen. Add that with his ability to restart his vital after being dead for 5-6 minutes, it's even more likely that he can survive death magic.

Both have high levels of teleportation, and speed is equalized.

Time stop is a thing, but whether or not he'll use it in battle is a legit point. Or CIS, don't know, take it up with Hiro Mashima.

Both are arguably serious at this point, so it's a tough call.

Cole at this point is dead serious, willing to take down anything that'll pose a threat to his goals, so he'll most likely start off with a Ray Field Blast.

Zeref is a pretty dead serious at this point as well. After gaining the new form, he instantly rammed his fist through his brothers chest without hesitation (why he didn't use his more haxy abilities is beyond me. Arrogance? Confidence? Your guess is as good as mine). He also seems determined to reach his goal, so he'll likley start off by goin for the kill. Thing is, as we saw with Natsu, what his first killing move will be is unknown.

If he tries to impale Cole with his fist, ***** gonna go south real quick. If he starts with death magic, he's got a good shot.

So, really it's whoever lands the first shot, and who uses their best moves first. Both are serious guys, so it's a coin toss at this point.

For a second I legitimately forgot I was the One who made this thread lmao.

Cole:0

Zeref: 0

Inconclusive: 4

IF this does end in an inconclusive, it's gonna be pretty funny to see Cole have a W on Acnologia, and yet an I on Zeref.

I mean, Zeref is much stronger then Acno overall, it's just that magic absorbtion counters it.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Both still lose to nAkaMa powers :^)
Acnologia lost to Nakama powers.

Zeref lost to the power of emotions.

Power of emotions>>Nakama power therefore Zeref>>Acnologia.

Exchange will work on cole? Idk zeref has it or not on his profile but statement from acnologia zeref has it and it show 2 time on manga.

Let me help continue this thread. What do you mean by Exchange?
If i not mistake....i refer to irene ability he already change mard geer to book and change irene body to human

You talk about transmutation, but not really...

The books are his own creations and the thing with Irene is confusing(he modified her aspect, but she was still a "dragon") and i will see with someone how to classify that.

That said none of those matter as he ain't using it in combat and it's likely not even applicapable.

The point is he didn't demonstrate that in combat so no he won't.

If we went by statments Zeref would likely have 90% of abilties of the entire verse.

Statmemt and feat it does matter his creation or not.about human form irene yeah and same with fairy law he never use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back