• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole fights a Water Type

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
inFAMOUS 2 Cole vs Mega Gyarados.

Speed Equalized.

Cole McGrath dual power
I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed, but those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices... No matter what the cost.

vs.
130Gyarados-Mega

Gyrados has a minor AP advantage and Cole's weakness

What does he have against range attacks since literally all of Cole's attacks are lightning based

Well then

Cole has significant range given that all of his attacks are literally lightning and he has multiple different forms of attacks that home, loop, explode etc. and he can cycle through his versatility within an instant.

Cole can also use forcefields to help deflect against any Water Attacks that head his way.

Now, my main question is, while Cole is Weak to water, I'm unsure just how much this weakness will affect him, obviously since water is a conductor for Electricity he gets significantly hurt if he stays in Water for too long, however how will a short stream of water attacks interact with acweakness like this is my question

I'd imagine it'd be a similar situation to standing in a pool for him. The longer he gets hit by the stream, the more damage accumulates.

Think the Ice Men's ice beam but wet.

Looking at its powers and abilities section, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Dragon Pulse, and Hurricane. I'm guess there's stuff I missed though, I'm just trying to get the conversation going.

Well, I'm assuming this is a Gyarados with a trainer if it's mega, in which case it has Surf, which is described to "swamp the entire battlefield with a giant wave", mass AoE water would really mess with Cole.

He only gets hurt by standing in knee deep water. Other than that, the water just gets electrified and shocks whatever's nearby.

Yeah... about that. That was me seriously misremembering how long it takes for water to kill Cole. Having replayed the first two games again, I can safely say that it's like this:

Puddles are harmless.

Knee high water will slowly kill Cole over the course of a minute.

Water significantly above the waist kills him instantly.

That's kinda wrong though on the water thing? Cole was left on the water for an undefined amount of time, mostly submerged on the sea after being drained of most of his powers, and he didn't die.

It would take an extreme amount of water, and Cole has some ice powers and a tornado backing him up here which I think he'll likely user more than electricity against someone who can use waters.

That said if he keeps getting soaked in water he'll definitely be interrupted in his attacks if it's a lot of water

The Wright Way said:
Water significantly above the waist kills him instantly.
So, Surf basically?

Wouldn't this be a potential stomp with that in mind?

I mean, Cole was also left screaming in agony from shower water at one point, wasn't he? I guess we could just chalk it up to inconsistency. The amount of water he was exposed to in that cutscene was way more than the amount it takes to kill him in gameplay.

It's not like Cole doesn't have ways around flooding the battlefield

Freezing a portion of the water to create land, using TK to lift an object he's standing on to avoid water, using lighting tether to drag himself on top of a building, etc.

So, Surf basically?

Wouldn't this be a potential stomp with that in mind?

Nah. Cole can easily dodge. Ice launch, Static Thrusters, etc. Allow him to get to higher ground.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
It's not like Cole doesn't have ways around flooding the battlefield

Freezing a portion of the water to create land, using TK to lift an object he's standing on to avoid water, using lighting tether to drag himself on top of a building, etc.
Surf would be akin to a High 7-A tsunami coming right for him, what he freezes may break as it continues coming as Gyarados is stronger.

TK of course is fine but elevation isn't an issue when Gyarados can fly, travelling upwards could also be countered with Waterfall usage, which would be increasing in strength as Gyarados boosts itself.

@Weekly

It was more like his power was weakened, but he still had that elec power going on with him.

To me tho this looks like a who oneshots first. I'm inclined to vote a tie. Maybe.

Cole's normal ice attacks have worked against other High 7-A's, some with ice resistance. An Ionic Freeze (super version of his freezing moves) may be able to counter the wave if not slow it down since its a wave of ice and freezing gas moving in a wide swath forward.

Is waterfall involve weather manipulating? Cause Cole can also manipulate cloud coverage and the like.

The Wright Way said:
Nah. Cole can easily dodge. Ice launch, Static Thrusters, etc. Allow him to get to higher ground.
I guess, but Gyarados is full of AoE, Waterfall has been used to erupt geysers beneath an opponents feet, which could catch Cole off-guard, and Gyarados would be getting faster and stronger should the fight continue past a first exchange of hits with Dragon Dance.

Muddy Water could also be used to mess with Cole's accuracy, and is more likely to land given it also is AoE.

I mean, Karmic Overload + Precision would allow him to stay ahead of said amps for awhile.

Accuracy debuffs don't really help when Cole deals with exactly that on a regular basis and has homing attacks to compensate.

Enough on Cole's weakness to water, what about Gyra's weakness to lightning? Also a tsunami probably won't work since this Cole can fly unless this Is non RFI Cole

Given he's only slightly stronger that should give the advantage to Cole, now his range gane is the issue.

Wait, since Gyarados is both water and flying doesn't he take 4x as much damage?

Also I think a tornado would be a good stall mechanic against a tsunami and Cole is easily able to rain down lightning from the sky if he can't hit the target through that. Not to mention he likes zapping things on the water

Ciruno Fortes said:
Wait, since Gyarados is both water and flying doesn't he take 4x as much damage?

Also I think a tornado would be a good stall mechanic against a tsunami and Cole is easily able to rain down lightning from the sky if he can't hit the target through that. Not to mention he likes zapping things on the water
This is Mega Gyarados who is a Water/Dark Type.

Just checked, I was wrong. I thought Dark types used to be weak to Ice damage for some reason. I recall it being strong...

I feel like applying pokemon attributes to other characters is hard but I'm at least sure that Cole can still freeze water if he doesn't aim for Gyarados.

BTW, we don't count MT/MH for Mega Pokemons either, as pokemons having Mega-Stone and Mega-Evolving can happen naturally as seen by Abomasnow, Glaile and Mewtwo

Back