• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole Reborn ~ Cole MacGrath vs Delsin Rowe

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Some say there was thunder in the sky the day Cole MacGrath was born. They all saw there was thunder in the sky the day he died. No one was aware, that there was thunder in the sky the day he came back.

KRA-BOOM!

Glowing blue eyes opened under 6 feet of dirt. A blur of white and black lept out of a deep grave. The thunder in the sky rejoiced above its reanimated master. MacGrath was back.

~

Screams of the dying filled the air. Fire crackled across Seattle, uncaring of the far man's plight as he ran throughout the streets. Zeke Dunbar panted heavily, desperately tinkering with a spherical device as demons swept at him from above. A crimson read blade pierced his leg and Zeke screamed in agony. He fell to his knees and He Who Dwells hovered ominously above him. "Zeke Dunbar! You have failed! Your cause is lost!" Zeke gaped in horror at the angelic abomination above him.

Then a familiar hand landed on his shoulder, the thin crackle of electricity passing through it. The energy channelled through him, mending his leg and destroying the blade londged in it. "How's about you sit this one out Zeke. I've got this." Zeke looked at him in suprise, but then a familiar smile spread across his lips. "Heh, just like old times. You're still too stubborn to die." Cole MacGrath stood in front of his old friend and met the gaze of He Who Dwells with seemingly miled amusement. The Video Angel seemed intimidated, swerving back a fair ways.

"Cole MacGrath! You're powers are insignificant to those of an angels! Fall back and I shall mercifully pretend this never happened!" Cole roled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Damn me to hell and all that. I've heard this holy than though speech before." He Who Dwells brandished a giant sword threateningly. "Then death will consume you." A thundercloud quietly formed over the angel. "I've seen death before. I wasn't impressed."

Cole thrust his arms in the air and carried wity them the thunder of a thousand storms. As he brought them down, he carried the lightning of one hundred angry gods down from above. He Who Dwells flickered and writhed in agony. An energy blast fired from the device in Zeke's hands and He Who Dwells was blasted into oblivion. Eugene's crumpled body landed unceremoniously on the ground, still smoking.

Zeke laughed as he pulled himself up. "Man, it is good to have you back brother." The two pulled each other into a hug. "It's good to see you too." Cole responded. As the two let go, Cole waltzed over to a nearby car and sat on the hood. "I saw Seattle went to hell after I came back on the news, decided I'd lend a hand. Should've figured you'd somehow been in the middle of all this." Zeke shrugged. "Hey, I can't just sit by while everything's going to hell. I'd be an insult to you." Cole brushed him off. "You give me too much credit. Catch me up to speed on what's been going on here." Zeke sighed. "Man, a whole lot of shit went down. The stuff that you need to know for now is that the plague's gone, some conduits are still around, and some guy named Delsin Rowe and his crew have been massacring everything in sight."

It was Cole's turn to sigh. "Figures. There's always one more thing." He got up. "Alright. Point me to this Delsin guy so I can kick his ass and we can grab a beer." Zeke scratched the back of his head. "Well, ya see, it's not that easy. This guy's the strongest Conduit I've ever seen, bar none. You're gonna need this." Zeke handed him the spherical device. Cole blinked. "The RFI?"

"It's a prototype of a new RFI 2.0. Supposed to be sorta like Conduit Kryptonite, something that can depower them with killing them. Problem is it isn't finished, so it just works like the regular RFI for now." Cole took the RFI and strapped it to his back. Then he turned and marched into the heart of Seattle. "Alright, let's do this."

~

Fight takes place in Seattle.

RFI Cole vs Evil Karma Delsin

Speed Equalized.

Cole McGrath dual power
I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed, but those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices... No matter what the cost.

vs.
Delsin rowe by anubisdhl-db6t3a7

RFI Cole hits Delsin once, and Delsin is immediately powernulled and practically incapped.

Delsin has a pretty great AP advantage and some nice abilities but the fact that Cole can pretty much put him in a state where Delsin can barely fight back at all is pretty much guaranteed to give him the win given his insane range Spam and flight.

What?

Nix literally stopped the Beast from even being able to Move let alone attack with an uncharged RFI.

Cole shot at the thing for a few seconds and it was practically incapped.

Considering the AP advantage+Versatility Advantage Delsin has, that's literally the only thing that gives Cole the win.

Descisive, but not a stomp

Well the thing is, Cole never actually used the RFI in the same manner as Nix did in her fight with the Beast. His in character action while boosted was just to fly and spam rockets. He only used the RFI once, and in only one specific manner.

I guess you can argue that he'd quickly realize that his attack's aren't having an effect, fly back, and fire off an RFI beam, but its hards to say if it a) actually hits Delsin with his numerous means of intangibility and evasion and b) doesn't hit Cole with his hax and AP.

Granted, regen and shields kinda help Cole with the AP, its the hax that im worried about. Btw, what element does Delsin start with here?

Smoke, as that's kinda his "default".

Doesn't Cole resist a good chunk of his hax? Matter Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, etc.

Eh, I always felt that Delsin's starting element was completely based on his environment

Time stop and petrification (assuming it's not covered by transmutation) could put Cole down if they land.

The RFI was charging Cole and its what caused the Beast to be incapped, I assume that him being literally charged by it meant it was a part of his attacks.

Tbh it's kinda unclear what exactly happened to Cole when the RFI fully charged.

All we know is, RFI wasn't fully charged > RFI gets damaged > Zeke fixes it > Cole charges it by attaching it to substations around New Marais > when it's fully charged Cole also gets a massive boost

I always saw it as Cole getting a massive Overcharge since he was touching a fully charged RFI. It made sense to me since the aura he had was the same as when you do the Overcharge missions.

Thing is Nix used the RFI while it was weakened and Damaged to incap the Beast.

Cole is ampedvabd charged by the RFI, wouldn't he get its billing properties?

The thing is, Nix was using the RFI itself to fire a beam. Cole absorbing the energy of the RFI to use its properties in his attacks doesn't make sense since we know RFI is harmful to Conduits only serves to kill them when exposed.

Cole keeping the Beast from regenerating can either be PIS or John just giving up after realizing that he has no chance of beating Cole now that he's empowered and the RFI is still intact.

That explanation doesn't make much sense when you consider that the RFI was still charging him while not killing him or harming him, but still making him stronger.

Nix was fine using it against the Beast as well.

The regen stopping supports him being charged by it as well

We only see Cole being charged by electricity, not the RFI energy. He only got the boost when he touched the final substation and received a massive Overcharge.

She was only firing a beam from the RFI like a gun. So it makes sense she wasn't hurt since she wasn't touching the energy.

Alright I guess, not sure I agree that the RFI energy wasn't a part of the Electricity surrounding it but whatever

Tbh, even I'm not sure what to make of Cole's final boost in inF2. I just feel like there isn't enough evidence for Cole being boosted by RFI energy since it literally kills him when used a few minutes later.

Though I wish it were so we could give Good Cole high level regen null

When he uses the full blast it is, when it covers the planet

When its heavily restrained it makes him stronger

Given that Cole is nearly equal to Delsin AP wise now, this sways things a bit more towards his favor.

Back