• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Falling Action (Game Thread 2)

@Over

"Yes... i was her kid's Godparent, even though we were not related to blood, i still deeply love them as a family and..."

Meretrix than whipes a tear out of her eye

"******* hell, i got so emotional, sorry, you problaby didn't want to hear that bunch of crap or a weak womam crying"

Meretrix says, clearly holding out not to cry

@HL3

Meretrix gives a surprise and scared look to what she is seeing

What the hell is that? Am i hallucinating things? That thing appeared out of nowhere! Wait, is Secundus going there? Dang it, it may be something wrecking my mind, but i need to help him nonetheless

"Hey, Sieg, are you feeling this strange feeling, right? Apparently, another thing appeared behind the bunker, something big, and Secundus is going to intercept the beast, and, well, apparently Puppen is already facing it"

Meretrix says, now with a determined tone on her voice

"Well... i don't this to sound strange, but i am not the fatest person here, so... could you take me there Sieg?"

Meretrix says, but now blushing a little

[Well, you decide if you'll only respond one of the things or both Over]

Abarim just walks out of his own reality, before hearing a snapping, followed up by gunfire.

It was enough of a distraction as they ran to Puppen's positio

@Drite

Sieg was about to say something to Meretrix, but the sudden apperence of the monster stopped him in his track.

"It seems an abomination has tracked us down, though i guess with all the magcoules we use we are easy to spot for them."

The white haired man comments as he summons K&K and the Eye of Horus on himself, then he picks up Meretrix in his arms, to carry her as she asked.

"By the way, put up some defensive shields. "

The artifact user tells the psychic woman, after which hurries towards [The location Drite wanted to go at], while using he's using his Information Analysis to try find the monster's weaknesses and Clayroviance to jump out of the way from attack coming from the ground..

He does this because he assumes that the beast is like the water elelental, having a "core" that has to be destroyed for it to be killed and any attack to the body is pretty much pointless.

I start flying, going up the stairs and then back to the room, teleporting to the gym.

"I felt an enemy presence, where ... oh, hell ... are they in the walls?"

"You kbow, I am incredibly lost right now." Jake commented as he ran all the way back up the stairs. Walls. Nice.

"Huh?"

I'm standing on a rooftop in a city with several skyscrapers. The sky is covered by thick rain clouds, which are pouring down heavily. Despite this, I can tell that it is night time.

"So this is my Personal Reality...well, I did always like the rain."

Solomon's eyes open, showing him waves crash against stones in the distance, pearly white sand beneath his feet and the moon casting a decent amount of light upon the area.

So this is what it looks like.

Despite not looking about much, he knew that several paces behind him and to his right, was a large house, with windows large enough that in some walls there was more window than wall. The house overlooked the water there, the second floor having a balcony with some chairs and a table, a garage at the bottom, facing away from the beach.

"Interesting, I wonder what this place would be like for the others."

[@Faruel, should i respond you? We were not there when you asked that]

@Over

"Doing it right now!"

Meretrix says as she makes a two layered barrier for both, the first one is a Telekinetic barrier, wich will tear anything that tries to pass through in an atomic level, the second one is a Physical barrier, wich protects from any kind of damage.

Meretrix also tries to read the monster mind from where they are, while also automatically knowing about its deadliest ability

The eyes disappear. Stranger hears various groans and screams from all around him, although they appear to be getting closer along with the sound of rapid footsteps.

Puppen's dolls rapidly carve chunks of the "wall" out, before the hallway starts to shrink from all directions.

The Dark Thunders immediately release as the thing behind the walls instantly attacks him from all angles, although it appears to be unable to actually hit him

Everet just blankly watches Abarim, John, and Jakovich run back out.

Sieg's analysis reveals a large number of moving structural weaknesses, but they quickly disappear. There doesn't seem to be any sort of "core" either.

John finds that the gym is now a small closet with someone hiding inside of it. Him teleporting there caused most of their body to explode. He hears groaning an indeterminate distance away.

The wall shoots various limbs covered in spines and teeth at Samson.

While various spiked limbs throw themselves at Sieg and Meretrix only to be atomized, Meretrix is instantly assaulted by a cacophony of innumerable voices, but there does appear to be several, more ledgible ones that command the others. The minds themselves appear to be all around her and seem to be the whole of the creature's body. This creature's most dangerous abilities appears to be its sheer rate of adaption and growth

The doll's get into a box-formation around Puppen's, they open fire in every direction, hopefully holding it back until somene gets there to help.

Secundus begins absorbing electricity for a more powerful Dark Thunder, as he does this, he attempts to use the magicules around him to create a field cooled to temperatures below Absolute Zero surrounding himself so as to protect against the next attack.

"Oh heck ... this is an unpleasant inconvenience, sorry so much ...", I say with a sorry tone and then use my telekinesis to put back in place and heal the ones I inadvertently tore to pieces.

"Well. Looks like we won't have much of a choice but to go out into the world at this rate."

Abarim starts altering the physics of his punches to nullify any impact absorption that the melted form of this monster would be granted

@Over

There is alot of them, that can be quiet annoying to deal with.

"Ok, we have a bigger problem Sieg. Apparently, there is not only one single mind doing this, this beast's mind is fragmented or something like that, i am innumerable voices, but some appear to be commanding them, well, i say "some", but it is like, some hundreds of them who are doing it. So if we want to stop this we should try to eliminate those minds first.

The problem... is that they are so far between each other, honestly, nuking this may be a better idea than just confronting this, well, i don't know if your mind can handle, so tell me to stop it if you feel that is to much

The psychic womam says as she touches Sieg's head, linking his mind to her, making he hear everything that she was hearing, hoping that he could differenciate wich one is the correct to target

@Everyone/everyone that HL3 lets me talk to

Meretrix than tries to stablish a mental connection to every Everymen on the base that is at least as intelligent as Sieg is

Ok, so, i suppose that all of you know that our bunker is being attacked by some kind of beast, well, here is a fun fact, this attacks are not being organized by one mind, i don't know what happened, but the thing splitted its mind, or something along of those lines, and there is alot of minds that are commanding this attacks, so i suggest that we end them first, here is where to find them

Meretrix does the same as she did with Sieg, and make them hear the voices of the infiltrator

After doing that, Meretrix realises that the lesser minds are not that more strong than normal humans, so she tries to absorb one hundred of them at the same time, being cautious to not try to absorb more than what she can swallow

Sieg startes using the mental connection to spot the location of the minds controlling the hard of weaker minds, while using his information analysis to try spot a wearkness in the system of minds, to see if there where minds that were more important in holding the whole thing togheter and which's destruction would cause the abomination to destibilize.

"At least we know where to hit him now."

"Thought, it appears to be evolving, so we have to act quickly before he finds a way around it."

The artifact user tells Meretrix.

Coming out of the closet, I perceive Trixie's message along with her indicated points of monster minds.

"Well ... let's do a little cleaning", I mutter to then create telekinetic bubbles in all the places where the monsters reside.

With one thought I make them explode, dismantling everything they strike at an atomic level.

The wall explodes in a gory mess. Various bladed limbs come at Stranger from the walls, but they shrink away at the last second for whatever reason.

The doll's combined fire is able to halt the advance of the creature for long enough that it seemingly decides to leave Puppen alone. Puppen smells something distinctly like sulfur and extremely damp air nearby.

Samson's clap causes the limbs themselves to be reduced to thin past as most of the library is blown away and into the walls, seemingly sinking into them. The wall directly in front of him, outside of the massive crater, seems to be made of flesh. Thin tendrils reach out from the crater, seemingly going for his eyes.

Just as the creature appears to be breaking through the atomization barrier, the cooled magicules cause any limbs that reach out for him to be instantly frozen solid in a pitch-black ice. While the rest of the creature quickly drops these limbs from itself, as the ice was spreading, it starts spewing a white-hot gas at Secundus, which he identifies as something similar to vaporized lead, hot enough to be felt behind the field but not bypass it. Yet, at least.

John quickly heals the woman who was in the closet, who now appears even more frightened than before. The telekinetic bubbles are seemingly countered by another, outside form of telekinesis, stopping them from doing much damage. The closet feels moist and smells of sulfur all of a sudden.

Abarim's punch goes out well beyond how far he can see, but the hole is quickly repaired. The nearby walls fire a near-solid barrage of needles, all dripping with some sort of clear fluid, at Abarim, even from underneath him.

The voices that Meretrix link to everyone start deafeningly shouting their names. The absorption of the minds goes off without a hitch, oddly, although Meretrix does feel like something is trying to control her as she does so, but the feeling quickly fades.

Sieg sees that the greater minds are further away from the base than the lesser ones, seemingly protected by them and whatever else is between them and you. He feels like he is being watched, although this is unlike the usual sense that he had from just the lesser minds, more like something big was watching him.

Despite the clouds, Silas can see something glowing brightly in the distance, seemingly on top of a large mountain.

Deep in the water, Solomon sees something glowing faintly.

"Hah! How intertaining!" She smells the sulfer and damp air. "Aha~! There's the plot! Let the show continuuuue~!" She follows the smell. Her dolls form a defensive formation around her. Also her arm healed back a while ago.

Abarim's eyes dart around as blades come in from every direction. Too many to properly strike down with an attack, so he crosses his arms in front of him and focuses.

If he can't attack them, let them tear at themselves.

He focuses all around his body, and as soon as the attacks hit, he sends the forces back at them, making them feel both the action, and the reaction, recoil through them.

Covering my eyes with energy, i release the equivalent of a laser beam from them, shooting at the tendrils and at the fleshly walls.

Secundus calmly hovers, maintaining the field, he sends the field of magicules outwards at the creature as an attack to it, attempting to freeze more of it, before following up with releasing the charged Dark Thunder at it.

"Hey ... is this sulfur?", I ask myself, feeling the smell coming from the closet.

"Ah! Hell!" I exclaim, opening the door and taking the woman by the arm, teleporting both out of the base.

"Stay here, you'll be safer," I say to lift myself up in the air and close my eyes.

My telekinesis doesn't seem to have done much, maybe this will do something more. I think.

I protect my mind with a psychic field and then use my offensive telepathy, trying to destroy the minds of monsters.

What is that?

Solomon heads towards the source of the glow, heading into the water and swimming towards it, using magicules to go faster and reduce the difficulty the water gave him

"...What a pleasant greeting! Puppetmaster, do you wish for assistance?" Jakovich asked from behind, magicules in his grasp as he prepared for the situation at hand.

[sorry, got busy yesterday]

@Mor

"Very well, Yee shall come with me to defeat the building~!" She continues to the sulfer smell while her dolls continue to stay in a defensive formation around her.

"Maretrix, i feel as if the gaze of the beast has turned towards us, so many attack are likely to come our way."

Siegs informs her, as he generates a Muramasa in his left hand, while carrying the woman with his right, and starts cutting himself a large path [5 m tall, 3 wide] to the location of the greater minds, slicing apart matter and space large as to not be slowed down by the durability of abomination.

"Well... it is Meretrix, not Maretrix, but close enough, i guess"

Meretrix says while absorbing more minds, this time, some few hundreds of them, while she prepares a attack in case that they come direct into one of the leading minds

Stranger feels unnaturally alone, as all of the limbs have disappeared.

Puppen sees a door open, revealing John and some woman before they both disappear. The walls appear to be rhythmically moving in and out, as though they are breathing.

A few darts pierce Abarim before he can reflect their force back at them, destroying the rest of them as they appear to have been rather fragile. When Abarim can see beyond the needles, however, he sees that everything is upside down, as well as his movements being the reverse of what he intends for them to be. Thankfully, the needle barrage has ended for now.

The tendrils aren't able to penetrate the energy, and the wall audibly sizzles and dries into a husk upon contact with the beam. However, it is quickly revitalized and something that resembles nerves starts spreading over every surface in the library.

Secundus' magicule attack doesn't appear to have done much, and his barrier appears to be growing less and less effective over time. The amplified Dark Thunder, however, destroys enough of the creature to leave Secundus with around a dozen meters of wiggle room, as the creature appears to be recoiling somewhat. This also opens up the world behind the creature, which resembles the blackness of space, but is tinted slightly red and appears to be writhing.

The woman instantly melts on contact with the air. As John attempts to destroy the minds, he feels something larger take notice and snap the connection. This results in a psychic backlash similar to what Meretrix recieved earlier, although significantly less severe. The inside of his head stings.

Jakovich feels as though he is being watched intently.

Sieg's attack does cut cleanly through the creature, but the lack of actual damage caused allows it to regenerate before any progress can be made.

Meretrix is again able to absorb the minds without real issue. This time, however, the feeling of being controlled appears to linger for far longer, but eventually leaves. The various attacking limbs start to seemingly ignore her barrier.

The light appears to have been excessively far away, but Solomon is eventually able to see what it is. Whatever is creating the light resembles a charred corpse with Everet's face.

Silas finds that the mountain was easily hundreds of kilometers tall, but eventually reaches the top. In the crater of the top, as though the mountain was an old volcano, Silas finds a waterlogged corpse with Everet's face.

"Ah! I should have expected it!" I whisper, touching my head while it hurts.

Looking at it, I notice what is happening to the woman.

"Oh! Come on!", I exclaim in an exasperated tone, raising a hand towards her.

"Forgive me," I whisper, using my telekinesis to give her a quick and painless death, dismantling her at the atomic level.

"Phase 4 Activated: Megrez" Secundus states, his appearance becoming this

2 more bodies appear. They modify the magicule field around them, changing the supercooled magicules to superheated ones and launching another wave of them.

Secundus 1 casts Ruinous Wind, aiming at both the creature and the writhing area behind it.

Secundus 2 holds his hand out, spawning 2 Megrez buds, these buds both cause a large pulse of energy that causes earthquakes to attack the enemy.

Secundus 3 attempts to analyze the creature for weak points, looking at the world behind it as well, he then tries to use the previously attempted spatial displacement to move any weak points into the path of the others' attacks.

"How curious. Why his corpse of all things?"

Solomon looks closer at the corpse, trying to inspect it more and more as he drew closer, reaching out to touch it.

Back