• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Falling Action (Game Thread 2)

@Over

Meretrix giggles a little

"Well, since you don't seem to like it, i will stop with the jokes Sieg, but for real, just punch a wall, i want to see how powerful you are without your powers"

Meretrix says, now with a serious tone

"Third door on the left." The man responds to Stranger.

Puppens dolls have no cash, but she discerns that the machine doesn't require any cash. At least before it was disassembled.

Secundus' second attempt goes better than before, although not by much. A voice comes through the device he was given earlier. Can you please not try that sort of thing inside the bunker? It doesn't respond well to that.

Samson finds that most of the books are manuels of various kinds, mainly medical and mechanical, with some fiction novels spread around. [@Crimson ye]

Everyone who follows Everet into the wall finds themselves walking down a staircase with him. These stairs appeared nowhere within the base from previous analysis, and Solomon quickly determines why. This part of the base extends into the negative physical dimensions and appears to be overlayed with itself, as he, Abarim, and Silas distinctly feel each others' presenses as though they were all standing in the exact same place.

Eventually, a bottom is reached and Everet walks through a set of double doors. Silas, Abarim, and Solomon find themselves standing next to each other on the other end of the doors, behind Everet. Beyond him they see three more doors at the end of a large, plain room.

"Damn, this place really needs to be dusted. Anyways, I imagine that you all have many questions. I likely can't give totally satisfactory answers, but I will do my best."

"How exactly did you guys manage to do this? Extend the base into negative dimensions I mean."

@ Hi3

"Mh ... I can't perceive Everet's presence, wait ... why don't I perceive the presence of Abarim, Silas and Solomon?", I murmur.

Mmm, this is strange. I think.

I headed to the last room where the three Everymen were before they disappeared, looking around.

I lay a hand on a wall, using my psychometry to find out what happened recently or if there is something strange about this room.

Jakovich gets bored and decides to observe his friend copping a feel out of those walls.

Crunkdon had been observing quietly. He has used his intelligence and his manipulation of the homunculi to give himself similar abilities to the nothings, making people forget and disregard his presence.

@Drite

"Fine, thought it's better if we go the training room for this."

Sieg responds, as he quickly heads to the room.

One arrived there, and with Meretrix having arrived too, he does a left hand hook against one of the wall using all his physical might.

Stranger wandered in there and then out, looking completely different. He looked akin to a cartoon Arthur Fleck. "How do I look?"

I grab some mechanical and medicinal books, alongside what is likely to be the most batshit insane of novels. I put them down in the table, which i plan to read soonish. Possibly out of boredom.

Before that, however, i go read the terminals.

"Understood." Secundus replies, he stops his attempts and returns to analyzing, specifically how he can improve this exact technique.

"I'm not sure of the specifics myself, but it utilizes some sort of exotic matter to create non-euclidian space. To answer your question Abarim, yes, and that is why you are here, is it not? Anyways, this room marks the greatest accomplishment of The First Eye, something that was reverse-imported from an unknown date within the future. Firstly, some context is required."

What Abarim and Silas Hear
"As Everymen, you aren't simply important. That could be said of anyone working for The Third Eye at this point, but you are different. There is something ontologically different about you compared to the rest of humanity, something that a simple genome could never create. To make a long story slightly less long, your subconscious dispositions can, over time, create a whole, separate space-time continuum. Where exactly this space-time is generated is......to be frank, not able to be defined using geometric terms. The best idea we have is that it exists outside of the duality of existence and nonexistence, exhibiting none of the properties of either. We call these separate universes 'Personal Realities.' By taking in magicules, you make them part of your Personal Reality, allowing them to ignore the laws and ideals of the standard universe when expelled."
What Solomon hears
"Now, you might think that's the whole story. It isn't, as you can likely tell. Right now, I'm not "speaking to you" in the most literal sense, instead you are simply experiencing the phenomena of hearing me. Anyways, while ones Personal Reality being outside of existence and nonexistence is......not wrong, but a lie by omission. There are defined structures that exists outside of said dualism, but Personal Realities are something entirely separate. If a scalar existence and nonexistence are 1 and -1, and the monistic singularitity beyond those is 0, then Personal Realities aren't even on that number line. They're like a complex value compared to conventional numbers. This is a truth higher than that of the standard universe, and you are currently the only person other than me who is privy to this. Use it wisely."
"I'm telling you this because these doors lead to each of your Personal Realities. I cannot tell you what you will find within, as I am unable to enter, but there are two things that all Personal Realities have in common from what our research can discern. The first is that they possess qualities similar to a quantum computer, only the size of an entire space-time continuum. Everymen are able to tap into this calculating power, but only to a degree before the sheer information overload causes them to degenerate into minute qualia. The second is that said computational realm contains replicas of everything that makes you, well, you. Your mind, memories, personality, and intent, it's all in there and is used to replace your own should it be modified or destroyed. Within your own Personal Reality, you are more in tune with yourself. It's similar in principle to a comatose quadriplegic suddenly regaining all of their limbs and senses within a simulated world. Fundamental aspects of yourself become clear and easy to unlock."

"Now, any more questions?" Everet has a look on his face as though he's expecting everyone to be very confused.

Johnathan feels the telltale signs of motion towards the wall, as though several people had walked into it, but it all stops after a while.

The young man studies Stranger for a moment, before giving a thumbs up.

Siegs punch causes around 10 meters of the wall in all directions to crumble like paper.

The terminals are the same as those in the Gymnasium and cOntain the same informaTion, alOng information about the bunkers primary storage device, a sort of Wafer-bAsed system that, despite being rather old and technically a Lineage system, still performs as weLl as it is really needed.

Secundus seems to be making progress in this way, even at a similar rate to his direct experimentation.

"What do alternative space times have to do with trying to help the world in some way?"

I look with puzzlement at the wall to which the others had disappeared.

"Mmm ... this is interesting," I whisper, approaching the wall.

I put my hands on the wall, trying to analyze it with my psychometry when suddenly I pass through it, emitting a surprised verse.

Immediately I look around, this time feeling the presence of others.

"Mh, well ... a kind of portal, very fascinating", I note to then go down the stairs next to me.

@Over

Meretrix gives a surprise look to Sieg

"Wow, that is alot of damage Sieg, just by seeing it, i would say that your punches are worth 4,7801147227533 Tons of TNT, quite impressive."

Meretrix says while she approaches Sieg

"Well, since we know about our abilities, i would like to know more about you, not the blood type or when you relieve yourself, but how did you ended up on the First Eye."

Meretrix says in a serious tone

"I don't really remember you there, but considering Secundus, i wonder if there is more like him between us, humans artificially created to be Everymen, or if you are not involved in that type of thing, i guess that your backstory could work"

Solomon soaks in the information that was exposited.

The nature of these rooms is fascinating indeed, a truth higher than the standard universe, truly wonderous.

"Is there any sort of way we could access these rooms without coming here first, if the need were to arise?"

"Don't be so down." The young man replies, but Stranger hears whispers from behind a nearby wall.

Puppen vaguely feels something behind the walls of the bunker.

Johnathan finds the staircase to be far longer than it actually appears to be, taking several minutes to go down. At the bottom, he finds Everet on the other end of a set of doors with another door behind him [He tells you what he told Solomon].

"I think I realize what you mean, Abarim, but your time is simply better spent training and becoming stronger, as there aren't even many people left to help. And more than likely not, Solomon."

He turns to Silas, grinning slightly.

"Whichever one you want it to be."

Jakovich raises an eye suspiciously as Johnathan literally walks through a wall. Shortly after, he follows behind, down the massive stairwell, and through the doors.

He nods in agreement. "Right. I suppose I'll observe until I get a better grasp of the situation at hand."

"Well that's unfortunate, it would have been nice to be able to head to these at a later time."

Solomon walks to one of the doors, placing a hand on it

"So any of these doors work? Ok then." He says, opening the door and heading inside

@Drite

... that is quite underwhelming, i guess i can't rely on my physical strenght for fighting.

Sieg think about the results of the test.

"I've been enroled from the army by the First Eye for the Everyman project."

He responds.

@Over

"Well... that seems like a boring motive..."

Meretrix says, clearly disappointed

"To be fair, mine is not really the most exciting backstory although is way better than yours. You see, when i was little, i lived with both my Dad and mom, but since life ain't fair, my dad needed some money, 'cause you know, having a stable job wasn't easy back then, so when he asks to some friends in the mafia for some cash, promising to return to them the money with some profit, spoilers, he wasn't able to find a job."

Meretrix than turns her face, but Sieg could notice that her eyes were turning red and that her previous playful tone was getting a little unsettling

"And well... you know what that lead to. After the incident, i was send to an orphanage and stayed there for 3 years, until some people from the First Eye found me and take me to their base, and there i met John, Crunkle and..." Meretrix breathes in, as if she was trying to hold her tears before they fall "Constance..."

Meretrix says, now in a clearly sad tone

"You two should likely utilize this opportunity," Everet says to Jakovich and John.

As puppen touches the wall, it seemingly recoils from her, forming teeth and seemingly extending dozens of kilometers out before clamping down on her arm. She hears growling all around her.

The instant Solomon touches the door, an odd sensation comes over him. It's as though he touched a mirror and felt the finger on the other side. The door and Solomon the disappear, as does Silas, but they all feel as though each other are safe [you guys can say what you find, since the Personal Reality is dependent on your character].

Stranger sees eyes opening and closing in his peripheral vision. The young man is gone.

The books are filled with nothing but the word "WALL" repeated in various sizes and fonts. The floor beneath him feels wet.

Secundus, despite his mental training going decently well, sees something fleshy and full of eyes and teeth moving behind the entirety of the bunker, flowing like a river of veins and tendons.

Meretrix and Sieg feel uneasy, more than usual anyways. Meretrix sees what Secundus sees behind the bunker, and Sieg feels as though the floor is flowing.

Puppen's spins back with one less arm than before. "Ahaha~! How unexpected! A foe in the walls~? Or most likely is the walls~!" Her army-dolls open fire at the wall while her dust-doll stand by to defend her with its sword and shield.

"Phase 3 Activated: Phecda" Secundus states calmly, his appearance becomes this and he begins heading towards the location of the being, using his phasing abilities to move through walls, preparing Dark Thunder for if it attacks him.

I narrow my eyes.

"Mmm, I'm feeling the thoughts of others, guys ... I think something not very pleasant is happening"

Back