• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Falling Action (Game Thread 2)

The pod area being completly uneffected by the abomation causes supprise to Sieg.

"It seems the First Eye made our containment unit much more resiliant that the rest of the base, thought with how fast the creature adapts it'll be soon enought be able to breach this too,"

The artifact user comments as he uses his Eye of Horus to find if the weakspot of the giant beast moved/changed.

There's a short moment of silence before something bony shoots out of the wall and lops the head off of one of Puppen's dolls. It seems to try and go for Puppen herself, but it twitches violently before retracting into the wall. Puppen herself feels as though this is due to Stranger. Abarim doesn't find any real exits that don't just lead further into the creature, which appears to be expanding.

The creature appears unable to adapt to Secundus' poison, and so it opts to simply grow out towards him at an obscene rate. Marked Wing seemingly paralyses a large section of the creature, but it continues to grow underneath the paralysed portions. He also finds that all but the smallest clusters can no longer be forcefully moved more than a few meters at a time, although the ones that can be drawn in are rapidly destroyed and Samson's blasts reach deep into the creature.

Meretrix feels the presense of the mind she is controlling disappear, seemingly killed by something. She finds a major mind nearby, but she finds controlling it to be far more difficult than before. Sieg's Eye of Horus finds no real weakpoints, instead that the creature is vastly and exponentially increasing in power.

Yuna sees a beam of pure heat and light shoot through the ceiling and down into the floor, scorching the air around her and the flesh of the walls themselves, although it barely harms her even as the air in her lungs violently combusts. The hole created slowly starts closing, but she would have more than enough time to leave through it if she wanted to.

"I honestly don't know why I look like this to be frank with you. As for why I'm here, answering that is both not important and would ruin the fun. Other Personal Realities have similar, repressed regions, indicative of the parts of people that they don't want to face and pretend don't exist. However, without those portions, you are incomplete. Now, what is it you regret the most?"

"Getting right to the point I see, Silas. I like that. Anyways, to answer your question, you have to face yourself. Every person, and by proxy their Personal Realities, have things that they repress and pretend don't exist. Without those things, though, you are no more complete than a table without legs. Now, what is it you regret the most?"

For Silas and Solomon, the corpses' last sentence feels far louder than before, although it's hard to tell if he was actually raising his voice or not.

Puppen's sighs. "Ara~, my poor doll~." She picks up the decapitated head just kinda sticks it back on the doll. "Well then, onwards~!"

@Overlord

"Well, i found another leading mind nearby, but it is way more difficult to control than the previous one, meanig they have adapted to my mind control in no time at all. If this continues, defeating the creature may be proven impossible. Maybe you should try to use Ea to finish them off quickly"

Meretrix answers Sieg, having a relax tone since the person who she is with has a powerfull weapon that is able to erase existence

Solomon thinks for a bit before he responds

"Hmm, I suppose that would be leaving everything behind. I usually don't regret much, but I do feel some regrets for that, even though we were needed, and while us being frozen for this was important, leaving everyone and everything behind is a regret I have. Family, friends, other aspirations, all of that, gone for the sake of some greater good." He says

I wonder what the others are doing though.

@Drite

After recovering, I try to communicate telepathically with Trixie.

"Hey Trixie! Are you okay? Aren't you hurt?"

@Drite

"... Unfortunatelly, Ea has a cooldown in-between uses, so it's not avaible to me at the moment."

Sieg informs her, signs of irritation in his voice because of that fact.

If only i didn't waste it earlier .... goddamit.

Secundus attempts to draw in the neurons in a different way now, rather than displacing space around them, he simply attempts to have the magicules around them carry them to him.

His body continues spewing poison and generating more poisonous seeds to erode away at the creature attempting to close in on him as well as spread further into the creature.

His eyes glow a dark color, as he attempts to utilize Alioth's ability to nullify the Regenerationn and adaptation of the creature for a period of time, hoping to cause more lasting damage this way.

@Faruel

"Everything fine, me and Sieg are trying to find a way to defeat this monster, well... Secundus problaby is having way more progress than we, but how about you? I am not feeling you in the base anymore John"

@Over

"...You know, you could have said that when you were explaining your abilities to me... Sigh How much until you can use it again?"

Meretrix asks in a disapointed tone

"I had to leave, listen! The situation is serious, if you are in a safe area of the base, stay where you are, but if you suddenly smell sulfur, go away immediately! That cloud is so acidic that it melts you instantly! And I know because that almost killed me! I'm still having trouble regenerating myself, please be careful! ", I say with an extremely worried tone.

"... I think the only escape method we're going to have is the one we make. Let us pick a path and go through it."

"What? Are you alright? Do you need assistance on healing your injuries?"

Meretrix asks in a worried tone, ignoring John's advice

I feel like my ability is bad for this. I simply throw immense amounts of instantly deadly, condenced radiation at the creature alongside Secundus poison.

@Drite

"I don't have a clock with me to tell you how much time is left, but cooldown would be 30 minutes,"

"and, we don't have the time to wait for it to be over, as the creature is exponentially growing stronger, so i have another plan,"

The artifact user says to Meretrix as he summons Gae Bolg in his left hand.

"You open a path to the Greater Mind by manipulating te lesser ones to move out of the way, anything even 5 cm wide would be enought, so that i may use Gae Bolg to strike it."

Sieg tells the psychic woman his plan.

I look my eyes and look upward for a moment, thinking to myself.

Out of everything that's happened...

I level my head and open my eyes.

"It would definitely have to be the all the people I've failed to save. I know I wasn't around during the Cataclysm but I still feel like I should have done...something. But no, I was stuck in a chamber. It might be ironic coming from an Everyman but trust me when I say that every time I think of it, I feel completely and utterly powerless."

I put my hand into a fist.

"But don't think that I'm going to mope about it! I get it, I couldn't help anyone back then. But now, I have all the opportunity to save everyone. I won't let anyone else die. My regret has strengthened my resolve."

@Faruel

"Thank god, don't you scare me like that anymore John!"

Meretrix says telepatically with a relieved tone

@Over

"Ah, i can do that, but don't that only homes at hearts? Technically the minds don't have hearts"

Meretrix asks to Sieg, but still takes control of the lesser minds

"Forgive me, but keep in mind what I told you, also is there a way I can help? The monster has adapted to my powers"

@Drite

"The greater minds count as the "hearts" of the creature."

"Though, it's better if we do this outside of this room, so that we may not comprimise it's hiddeness."

@Faruel

"Well... maybe help teleport the people here into safety?"

@Overlord

"I would say that it doesn't make any sense, but hey, barely anything here makes any sense"

"Alright, give me a nanosecond"

Meretrix than quickly scans to rooms that they have visited and that the creature attacked, and teleports towards the place where the least amount of creatures are while not even controlling the other minds that she initially tried to

Seig prepares himself to throw the Gae Bolg, pulling backwards his arm.

"Open the way Meretrix !"

He tells her, reffering to what he had told her previously, aka making a hole to the greater mind by manipulating the the lesser ones to move out of the way.

@Overlord

"Your orders Sieg!"

Meretrix than quickly tries to control any lesser mind that come into the way of Gae Bolg, even if a new one tried to jump in the way, Meretrix could quickly reacted to it before the Gae Bolg hitted the lesser mind

Sieg pariently waits for Maretrix to do her part, which bacause of their difference in speed is a tad bit long, then

"Gae Bolg: Barded spear that pierces with death !"

The white haired man says as he throws his spear, which turns in to something akin to a beam of red light and enters inside the opening created by Maretrix, twisting and stretching to perfectly fit in the small passage.

This weapon aims on to the greater mind, making rigit turns and dodges if any of the lesser ones tries to get in the way, with it causing counteless barbed spikes to spring out upon hit.

The creature, strangely, doesn't retaliate in response to being shot by Stranger. Upon Abarim's comment, a beam of pure heat and light goes from the ceiling into the floor not even a meter in front of him. The beam causes the surrounding creature to instantly shrivel into dust, leaving a hole stretching god knows how far down. Oddly, Abarim, Stranger, and Puppen see Yuna fall from the hole in the ceiling down through the one in the floor.

Secundus is seemingly unable to move the neurons enough to move them into the direct line of fire. The poison continues to work normally, but the creature is now growing faster than the poison kills it, even after its Regenerationn was slowed by Ailoth's ability. However, Samson's combined attack appears to be killed the creature just as fast as it was growing, effectively holding it in place.

John realizes that the ground below him has become a mud with some sort of red liquid rather than water and that smells of rot and mold.

Gae Bolg easily traverses the many microscopic crevasses of the creature, eventually a greater mind. Those outside of the base see a large portion of the creature suddenly covered in blood-red thorns. From around Sieg and Meretrix, massive blades of bone and something not dissimilar dried tendons erupt from the walls, floor, and ceiling at extreme speeds.

Yuna finds herself outside of the creature and bunker, floating somewhere not dissimilar to deep space, although tinted a fleshy red.

"I see."

Solomon finds himself back on the beach, but the ocean appears to be covered in an algal bloom. He feels various presences within the building nearby.

"That's good. You shouldn't give up just because of a few, frankly unavoidable causalities, even if they were important to you."

Silas finds himself back on the skyscraper, although with an immense storm brewing overhead. He feels as though he is being watched from every direction, and can see pinpricks of light from within distant shadows.

"What the hell ... is," I murmur as I wrap my hand with a psychic barrier to then touch the ground and use my psychometry to figure out what it is and where it comes from along with any other information possible.

Oh... that is bad!

Meretrix creates multiple layers, around 12, of physical barrier this time, to protec her and Sieg from the incoming attacks the instant that they started to manifest, if they happen to break the barrier, she would teleport both of them again to the pod room

"Y-you know, i didn't want to rush you on this, but how abou-ut you try to hit more than one of them? I can easily keep up with Gae Bolg, so just try to be as fast as you can! Otherwise, they will rapidly adapt not only to Gae Bolg, but to my barriers too!"

Meretrix says, visibly worried about their situation

I fly towards the light that I see in the shadows.

What could this be? This whole thing has felt like a really extravagant acid trip.

Abarim grabs Yung before he falls any deeper into the complex and hoists him over his shoulder.

"I think that's our time to go."

Abarim leaps through the hole in the ceiling, arming a reactionary Barrier to punch through whatever is still in the way, and reflect any oncoming attacks

"This really is an experience."

Solomon walks towards the building to see what's going on and who is inside.

Back