• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Falling Action (Game Thread 2)

The attacks only started in reaction to Abarim's punch, and they've immediately halted since it caused them to harm themselves.

Abarim starts walking to another part of the facility, remaining alert in case his conclusion was mislead.

Meretrix intensifies her physical barrier while undoing her telekinetic one, since it is proving to be ineffective, while she uses telekinesis to move the limbs away from it

"Damn it, they are adapting fast! We need to solve this ASAP"

Meretrix says as she tries to, instead of absorbing minds, mind controlling one of the leading minds, trying to make its commands stop

The woman is disassembled.

The now superheated field causes the attacking limbs to retreat for the moment, seemingly attempting to adapt while preserving resources, although a large portion of the creature is reduced to a dried husk from the heat. The dried-out areas are destroyed by Ruinous Wind, but it doesn't appear to hit anything in the distance, seemingly due to it being obscenely far away. The Megrez Buds release quakes that cause decent portions of the bunker to visibly shake, causing decent chunks of the creature to be dislodged from the rest. There additionally don't seem to be any real weaknesses outside of potential structural instability and what appear to be neuron clusters, although smaller ones are sucessfully moved.

Abarim feels as though he is being watched, but is not attacked. He quickly finds Puppen.

Samson appears to have been stronger than the creature had accounted for, as the entire library is thrown past him as he simply bursts through the walls and the creature behind it, with the veins being mostly destroyed or irreparably damaged. He ends up floating in a large, reddish-black space, and can see Secundus in the distance.

The telekinesis appears to only marginally affect the attacking limbs, but Meretrix attempting to control a major mind appears to have more affect. A large area around her seemingly goes limp and visibly sags, although she feels that she can't keep this up forever.

The wall recoils and moves away from the doll, but doesn't attack. It seems to be unable to percieve the dolls normally and is attempting to fix that. In the distance, Puppen can hear maniacal laughter and sees Abarim turn a nearby corner.

The charred corpse laughs in a raspy, quiet voice, heard perfectly despite being underwater. "That answer is not here," it whispers, "but there are others." The corpse disappears, revealing a hole in its exact shape that leads deep underground.

The waterlogged corpse stands up, laughing in a bubbly, half-choked voice. "Likely not," it responds, "but that answer would not be here." In a flash of light, the corpse disappears, revealing a suspension bridge on the other end of the crater that leads into the distant sky.

"Okay ... let's see if I can reach the strongest minds", I murmur to then teleport myself to where they are, surrounding my body by a dismantling telekinetic barrier.

I get closer to Secundus. Fighting together is nescessary, even if it is with this robotic dude.

"What's happening?"

Hmmm?

Solomon heads to the hole checking for anything strange, and then hops down if nothing catches his interest

Puppen's waves to Abarim. "Greetings~!" The dolls by the wall trys to cut out a human-shaped hole in the wall. For obvious reasons.

"I think the base will only attack whatever attacks it first. All we need to do is gather the people in the facility and leave. Do you know where everyone else is?"

Abarim steps back from the dolls cutting a hole in the wall, waiting for his statement to be punctuated.

"This creature has taken over the pocket dimension within which this base is located." One of the three Secundus' answers.

Secundus 1 focuses on drawing in the neuron clusters, not attacking himself but rather attempting to move them into attacks.

Secundus 2 casts Ruinous Wind again, aiming for the neuron clusters as they get brought in.

Secundus 3 launches waves of superheated magicules at the creature, aiming, again, for the clusters.

The Megrez buds cause more quakes.

Meretrix tries to find how successful was her mind control, seeing how the minds that were being controlled by the leading mind were affected

Sieg de-summons the Marasame, while calling to himself the Yeoui

"Nice work Meretrix, you seem to have destabilize it.

He tells the psychic woman, as he then uses his weapon's ability

"Yeoui, extend, expand. "

As the stick becomes absolutely massive in size, to try tear right throught the beast's" body" to reach the inner minds. [For reference, pretty much what Morì did with the 1000 layers dungeon planet]

John teleports just outside of the gym, with the barrier leaving him around a meter of room in all directions. Unfortunately, the creature seemingly instantly adapts to it and crushes him from all directions with immense force. All of his skin is instantly melted, every bone in his body is crushed or bent wildly out of shape, and the same acid that melted his skin starts flowing into him through every orfice, even that of his blood vessels and the pores in his skin.

Around Samson and Secundus, large fleshly grows appear and stab at them. It's clear to Secundus that touching these would instantly kill him and incapacitate Samson for quite a while. Ruinous Wind damages gravely several clusters, but the rest appear to be coated in something similar to amber.

The doll suddenly finds itself carving through a milky-white section of flesh that wasn't there before, but cuts through it nonetheless. It has progressed a good dozen meters before the wall closes around it and attempts to reform itself around it, although this appears to be nothing more than standard Regenerationn. Additionally, Puppen can feel the distinct figure of a clown closing in, although it isn't actually moving. Abarim gets the distinct feeling that he is wrong as various spikes fly at Puppen.

Meretrix sees that, without the direct influence of the major mind, the lesser ones lose any direction and effectively enter a sort of hibernation, explaining why the area around her went limp. This is, of course, before Yeoui is extended directly through the creature, ending up a few dozen kilometers long and around three hundred meters wide. This causes most of the visible base to be enveloped in it, with the notable exception of where Puppen and Abarim are. This does, however, cause massive portions of the remaining creature to rapidly converge on Sieg and Meretrix.

Yuna wakes up in a closet. She feels as though she was knocked out, and has missed a lot. The wall and floor feel wet and sticky, with the air tangy with the scent of blood.

Falling down the hole, Solomon sees that the surrounding rock turns from a standard seabed, to generic rocks, to white-hot lava that somehow doesn't emit any heat or move, and eventually nothing but pure blackness. He cannot tell how long he has been falling. After a while, the blackness becomes punctuated by an occasional cross-shaped white speck, similar to stars on the night sky. This eventually leads to the entire visible area around him resembling an untainted night view, with various galaxies and nebulae, although he feels as though this is no longer simply on the rocks that used to surround him.

As Silas heads across the bridge, which he feels is also heading straight upwards at the same time, he eventually loses sight of the ground below. After who knows how long, he finds himself standing in deep space, untainted by the light pollution and atmosphere of earth, with entire galaxies visible all around him. The bridge simply continues on as oddly as it always did, as Silas no longer feels as though he needs to consciously move his body to move along it.

"This room really is quite a peculiar thing. Galaxies underground now." Solomon says, chuckling

He looks around and tries to get a sense of whether there was any solid rock around him and if he was falling still, or if he was just floating in place.

"Changing tactics." Secundus says calmly, making sure Samson hears his words.

"Phase 5 Activated: Alioth" He states calmly, the 2 additional bodies vanish, though the buds still remain and his appearance shifts to this.

Secundus' body begins rapidly emitting devastating toxins to eat away at the attacking creature and its neurons, attempting to direct more of them into the path of the poison via spatial displacement, it generates several seed-like objects that are launched in various directions, exploding into more poison, though the cloud of poison surrounding Secundus specifically avoids making contact with Samson.

This...this is beautiful. This is what I'm protecting.

I think to myself as I look around for anything that seems out of place while continuing to move on the bridge.

Instinctively I teleport myself away from there, reappearing a few hundred kilometers from the base as I use my telekinesis to heal and repair my body, along with eliminating all traces of sulfur from my body and inhibiting pain receptors to avoid going mad from pain.

"Got it."

I atempt to dodge the fleshy fleshs, using my explosions as rocket boosts in speed if necessary. While doing so, i cause explosions to trigger inside the things Secundus was attacking.

"Welp, we got to ******* run!"

Meretrix says as she teleports them from where supposedely is the place where they were awaken by the Third Eye

The dust dolls shield Puppen's with her shield. The doll who carved the thing out jumps back, Puppen's then turns the carved out piece of the 'wall' into a doll, complete with a frilly dress.

Something seems off. The reaction was delayed quite a bit, and it directly attacked Puppen, not their puppet.

Abarim grabs them and put them away from the spikes, before covering them both in the reflection effect he applied earlier.

Eh? Well, it seemed that he was fine for the moment, so he infused Puppen's shield with magicules for immense durability to leave it utterly unscathed by the attack.

"...what... is this thing?"

"..."

Well, that sure didn't go as planned.

Sieg checks in which direction to Yeoui, which is still stuck in the monster, is in relation to his new position, then he desummons the weapon, while calling upon Excalibur.

"Excalibur !"

He shouts as the sword is swong down, a beam of light bein shot towards where the greater minds are, fired it in such a way that it would only have to pass trought a chuck of the beast, while doing the rest of the way there by utilizing the giant hole carved out by Yeoui.

Stranger quickly finds himself standing in front of Puppen, Abarim, and Jakovich, despite not actually moving.

Secundus' poison causes various neural clusters and the attacking limbs to rapidly shrivel into nothing, at least before the amber barrier begins to adapt, allowing the clusters to be moved before they are completely destroyed. This is at least until he fires the seeds, causing decent sections of the remaining creature to up and die on the spot.

John finds the damage especially difficult to repair, to the point that his natural Regenerationn ceases functioning entirely and even atomically reconstructing his body goes awry at seemingly random intervals, but it is working somewhat.

Samson's attacks causes most of the remaining creature to either be burnt to a crisp or simple disappear in a puff of reddish mist. However, immediately afterwards, the remaining portions start rapidly regrowing the missing areas at a rapidly accelerating, exponential rate, ending up dozens of times larger than it started before much could be done.

The flesh doll starts violently twitching in several directions, but Puppen can tell that she can control it. Despite Abarims and Jakovich's protection, Puppen is hit by a few of the spikes, suffering a sensory inversion similar to his, which has only just begun wearing off, although it again stops after the initial barrage. Jakovich himself feels as though he is being heavily monitored, with his instincts flaring for seemingly no reason.

The door instantly buckles and is sent flying an impressive distance from the wall. Outside, Yuna sees that the walls have taken an appearance similar to intestines, constantly writhing and turning on themselves, with various, deep red tubes hanging from the ceiling. Certain parts of the walls appear shinier than the rest as well, and she discerns them to be the equivalent of neurons.

Sieg's Excalibur blast seemingly fizzles into nothing on contact with a wall before it suddenly speeds towards him, very nearly touching him before he and Meretrix appear back in the pod room. Oddly, this room is still normal.

Solomon sees that there isn't any rock around him anymore, and he appears to simply be floating in place. The view around them starts to visibly rotate around him, eventually accelerating to the point that the entire area becomes a solid white. After a short while, the corpse appears again, this time dressed in a trench coat and smoking a cigar.

"As with before, I'm sure you have questions. Ask away, we have all the time in the world."

After a short walk, Silas begins to feel as though he isn't moving in any singular direction anymore. Around him, galaxies disperse, solar systems disband, and planets are reduced to cold husks of rock. Eventually, not even the decayed disparate atoms and supermassive black holes remain in the distant background, with everything turning an endless black. At least, until this directly inverts into a near-blinding, stark white. The corpse can be seen in a chair, wearing what you recognize as civilian attire and reading a newspaper.

"The death of the universe is a fairly gruesom affair, as you may imagine. I have all the time in the world to answer questions, as though such meager notions still apply in any real sense."

Puppen's summons her dolls to her side. "Woohoo~! This is a twisting experience~!" She seems to be having fun with the sensory inversion. Her doll's contiue to ruthlessly protecc her.

"Well then, why are you here, and why are you burnt? Do the other 'personal realities' have places like this?" Solomon asks

"... I'm not entirely sure how this creature attacks, but I think it would be best to not try and destroy it if we are not forced."

Abarim looks around for exits

"...It would be easier to fight if I knew what exactly it was I was fighting, eh?"

What was he suppose to do? Shoot a wall? His best option was to prepare a defense..

Secundus' body continues releasing the wall of poison around himself as well as dispensing more and more of the seeds. He attempts to draw in the clusters once more, unleashing Marked Wing on them and the barrier, hoping to break through with a gold colored light that attacks all targets.

Meretrix looks to the sides; looking to see if the creature is around.

"Well, that was a close one and the creature seems to not have affected this are yet, so that is a plus, now let's see if i can find another leading mind."

Meretrix says while still controling the previous leadig mind

Back