• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chrono verse Major Revisions - Part I: Low 1-C Cosmology

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this CRT sucks, it's an unreadable mess and I'll just refresh it with a new one.

This will only be about the cosmology, the next CRT(s) will be about who actually scales to said cosmology, hax additions, calcs, and whatever else...

Zurvan and Dreams

Dreams being Type 1 concepts is accepted here, where Zurvan is the Sea of Dreams, and in said sea Serge could see the origin of time, its end, and all of the infinite timelines, as they're the basis of the reality itself. But there is more.

The truth itself (or also the universe as said in the japanese version) is contained in dreams, and the Dreamstone, a stone discovered from the humanity's ancestors, holds dreams and has created concepts such as Love and Hate. Other evidence of said stone existing before humankind, is that it can be found only in the prehistoric era, and Ayla describing it as a powerful object.

Tia could also see in her dream that there are infinite worlds, possibilities and dreams, as a proof, again, that dreams hold universes and all of their concepts.

The verse follows MWI, and worlds exists as much as exist possibilities, and this is proven from the Reptitites, a race which predates humanity, theorized to still exist in another timeline because of MWI, and this is proven true, as Terra Tower/Dinopolis is nothing but a city made in a timeline where Reptites still existed, and was forcefully brought from the Earth itself in the main timeline, and in Chrono Trigger there's a gate which leads to an alternate future where only Reptites exist and humans are completely unknown.

Meaning that the timelines make up a 2-A Multiverse, and Zurvan is Low 1-C due to it holding the timelines, their concepts, as well as the beginning and end of time, clearly treating infinite 4D as a finite part of itself.

Temporal Dimensions

A thing that can be argued to make the verse higher than just 5D is the mention of Multiple Temporal Dimensions. The Black Omen in the localized version is said to transcend space and time, but in the Japanese, it's said that it travels through the temporal dimensions. There is another statement about said Temporal Dimensions, aka when Lavos started to distort the temporal axes. This pretty much can imply that the multiverse that is contained in Zurvan is not merely 3+1D, but 5D in itself as it would be 3+2D, aka Low 1-C, thus making Zurvan 6D. Whenever this is accepted as legit or not, I do not really know, but at very least it should be included as a likely, given that there are multiple mentions of said temporal dimensions, so I can think that is literal.

AKA I can see Zurvan as either straight up 6D or 5D, likely 6D, both are good.

Darkness Beyond Time

This is not exactly for tiering but for range.

The premise is Miguel meeting the main cast in a time distortion, saying that said distortion is a future that was erased.

After Miguel's defeat, he explains what this erased future actually is. Is a future which was supposed to be the timeline where Lavos has emerged and destroyed the world, reducing it to an apocalyptic state. Crono and his friends at the end of the game defeat Lavos, saving the future from preventing its destruction from Lavos, essentially changing history and overwriting the timeline. Thus the previous timeline where Lavos succeded in destroying the world has been completely erased due to the paradox. However, said timeline was about to return, overwriting the one that Crono and his friends have fought to "create", if it wasn't from FATE sending this timeline back to the void from where it belongs, killing Miguel and whoever was still inside it, meaning that the Darkness Beyond Time is the place where deleted timelines go to rot, as also explained in this CRT.

The Darkness Beyond Time requires to go beyond space and time to access it, as it exists beyond the borders of time and lacks a beginning or an end, with everything being reduced to nothing there.

Meaning that the Darkness beyond time is above Low 1-C range, whenever is 5D or 6D.

Who scales?

For now only the Time Devourer in his "eventually" tier. Lavos' normal range will change from "Interdimensional" to "Low Complex Multiversal" and nothing else kek.

Votes

Agree: @DarkDragonMedeus (5D, likely 6D cosmology and above baseline range), @PrinceofPein (5D cosmology and above baseline range), @ThanatosX and TheGreatJedi13 (5D cosmology and above baseline range), Rakih_Elyan (5D cosmology), Vietthai96 (5D, possibly 6D cosmology), Maverick_Zero_X (5D cosmology)

Disagree: @PrinceofPein (6D cosmology), TheGreatJedi13 (6D cosmology), Rakih_Elyan (6D cosmology)

Neutral: @ThanatosX (6D cosmology), Maverick_Zero_X (6D cosmology)

Last edited:
I suppose the former is safer but it would be displayed as Low 1-C either way.

He has Massively FTL+ speed feats, but it was agreed to just be flight speed Despite it also technically being attack speed since that is how fast Lavos launches his spawns.

We also used to have a Relativistic calc from Frog, but DMUA I think made some recalcs that lowered some speeds. But yeah, Immeasurable speed might be on the table.

You haven't answered my question tho.

I said it's obvious so there's no need for part 2 on that regard. Lavos starts being Low 1-C on DD.

Ik that but then we'd need to discuss who scales from DD too, like FATE etc.

This is why later.

Well you should've explained that from the very start.

Of course, I agree with this CRT. Except the part where you said my CRT suck tho.

I can make it more readable if someone just ask, or tell me about it. You didn't even asked me about creating a new CRT about this.

Last edited:
5D looks good, I am not seeing the 6D, the evidence is vague and weak.
And for the Darkness range, unless the place where timeline go when theya re destroyed is some Higher D to the entire cosmology, I am not seeing the range to be above the verse

The only thing i can believe here is 5-D for Darkness Beyond Time, Possibly 6-D is fine to me though, however i don't see any 7-D, the Temporal Dimensions argument is kinda weak, it assume that Temporal Dimensions here mean plural about temporal axes, while it could well mean just plural about there are many dimesions as in world/realm/timeline

5D looks good, I am not seeing the 6D, the evidence is vague and weak.
Hence the "likely" lol. I am not too found of it myself. Plus, Temporal Dimensions are automatically qualitative superior on the wiki.
And for the Darkness range, unless the place where timeline go when theya re destroyed is some Higher D to the entire cosmology, I am not seeing the range to be above the verse
What do you mean "higher D to the entire cosmology"?

The premise is that the Darkness beyond Time is where Lavos has arisen after its first defeat, and there it merged from Schala, who got there from being sucked in a dimensional vortex, while also corrupting her mind, evolving first in the Dream Devourer, as after the fight against it Schala says herself that Lavos is devouring her awareness, and then the Time Devourer.

It's basically the opposite of existence where the timelines which die go to rot, heck, the Dream Devourer straight up eats dreams while being in the Darkness Beyond Time, supporting the idea of the Darkness being outside Zurvan.

Schala also talks about Zurvan like it's another place, thus outside the Darkness, it wouldn't make sense if they're in the same range.
The only thing i can believe here is 5-D for Darkness Beyond Time, Possibly 6-D is fine to me though, however i don't see any 7-D
No one said the Darkness beyond Time is transcendent, and no one said anything about 7D lol.

5-D Zurvan is fine, the evidence is solid enough to me.

But I have to disagree with 6-D. Even a "likely/possibly" is a no to me.
I agree that additional time axis can give a 6-D tiering, I recently agreed with a revision with that argument, but not as the OP is proposing.
A singular Dream/Universe would be 4-D (3 spatial dimension + 1 temporal dimension), while Zurvan is a 5-D space because it has an additional spatial dimension to the 4-D Dreams/Universes (so 4-D + 1-D).
To reach 6-D, Zurvan should have evidence of having a time axis of his own, which I don't think there is enough to assume that.
The first scan simply talks of multiple temporal dimensions, without specifying if said time axis are of the singular 4-D structures or of Zurvan, while the second is too vague since it just says that the time axis are being messed with. The use of the plural makes me believe that they are referring to the singular time axis of the Dreams/Universes rather than the higher temporal dimension of Zurvan. So I don't agree with 6-D, even as a possibly unless there is additional evidence or context that I don't remember.

Regarding the last point for the above baseline range of the Darkness Beyond Time, I agree with it since it is separate from anything else in the cosmology and it requires specific methods to access to it.

I agree that additional time axis can give a 6-D tiering, I recently agreed with a revision with that argument, but not as the OP is proposing.
A singular Dream/Universe would be 4-D (3 spatial dimension + 1 temporal dimension), while Zurvan is a 5-D space because it has an additional spatial dimension to the 4-D Dreams/Universes (so 4-D + 1-D).
To reach 6-D, Zurvan should have evidence of having a time axis of his own, which I don't think there is enough to assume that.
The first scan simply talks of multiple temporal dimensions, without specifying if said time axis are of the singular 4-D structures or of Zuravin, while the second is too vague since it just says that the time axis are being messed with. The use of the plural makes me believe that they are referring to the singular time axis of the Dreams/Universes rather than the higher temporal dimension of Zuravin. So I don't agree with 6-D, even as a possibly unless there is addiction al evidence or context.
To be fair, what I mean it's that the "time" of the multiverse contained from Zurvan is not a sinlge temporal dimension, but 2, meaning that the space-time which is contained within Zurvan is not just 3+1D but 3+2D, thus making Zurvan 6D due to it being superior to said 3+2D space-time.

5-D Zurvan is fine, the evidence is solid enough to me.

The first scan simply talks of multiple temporal dimensions, without specifying if said time axis are of the singular 4-D structures or of Zurvan, while the second is too vague since it just says that the time axis are being messed with. The use of the plural makes me believe that they are referring to the singular time axis of the Dreams/Universes rather than the higher temporal dimension of Zurvan. So I don't agree with 6-D, even as a possibly unless there is additional evidence or context that I don't remember.

Regarding the last point for the above baseline range of the Darkness Beyond Time, I agree with it since it is separate from anything else in the cosmology and it requires specific methods to access to it.
The main point is that Zurvan encompass the 5D Universe, we're not saying that Zurvan has a higher temporal dimension than it.

The possibly comes from those universes Zurvan encompass if it's 5D then Zurvan is 6D. If it's 4D then Zurvan is 5D.

Higher DBT Range from Pain

No, it has to be outside of the verse. Almost no one in the Chronoverse can access that place that is described to be beyond the borders of time without the help of the Chrono Trigger that's described as a device that transcend time and space. The other that can is Lavos and the Dragon God.

To be fair, what I mean it's that the "time" of the multiverse contained from Zurvan is not a sinlge temporal dimension, but 2, meaning that the space-time which is contained within Zurvan is not just 3+1D but 3+2D, thus making Zurvan 6D due to it being superior to said 3+2D space-time.
So, if I understood it correctly, the proposal is that every Universe have two temporal dimensions, making the singular Universes 5-D for have 3 spatial dimensions and 2 temporal dimensions, right?
I am not sure if there is enough evidence to support this, and even if there was it would be a peculiar case since the other cases of upgrade throught additional time axis was because the 5-D space had evidence of having a time axis of his own.
I personally don't agree with possibly/likely 6-D, but if others will agree with it I wont oppose the decision.

So, if I understood it correctly, the proposal is that every Universe have two temporal dimensions, making the singular Universes 5-D for have 3 spatial dimensions and 2 temporal dimensions, right?
I am not sure if there is enough evidence to support this, and even if there was it would be a peculiar case since the other cases of upgrade throught additional time axis was because the 5-D space had evidence of having a time axis of his own.
I personally don't agree with possibly/likely 6-D, but if others will agree with it I wont oppose the decision.
Essentially, yes.

Yep. And with Zurvan being superior with said time.

I agree with Thanatos.
the extra temporal dimension or axes doesn't inherently mean 2 temporal dimension exist within one universe
You can have a multiverse with some universe under different temporal axes and still remain 3D + 1D. it would still be 2-A and unless proven that another Temporal axes is superior to the other one won't really make it 5D.
except only unless there is a proof of at least one universe/dream where it has 2 temporal axes at the same time (which also means immeasurable brrr)

I agree with Thanatos.
the extra temporal dimension or axes doesn't inherently mean 2 temporal dimension exist within one universe
You can have a multiverse with some universe under different temporal axes and still remain 3D + 1D. it would still be 2-A and unless proven that another Temporal axes is superior to the other one won't really make it 5D.
except only unless there is a proof of at least one universe/dream where it has 2 temporal axes at the same time (which also means immeasurable brrr)
Ngl but I do not mean that universes are literally all 3+2D, but just the multiverse in general which is under Zurvan.

Vote counted anyway.

Plus, Temporal Dimensions are automatically qualitative superior on the wiki.
they are not, it just that they add an extra axis. like they are another dimension on their own
What do you mean "higher D to the entire cosmology"?

The premise is that the Darkness beyond Time is where Lavos has arisen after its first defeat, and there it merged from Schala, who got there from being sucked in a dimensional vortex, while also corrupting her mind, evolving first in the Dream Devourer, as after the fight against it Schala says herself that Lavos is devouring her awareness, and then the Time Devourer.

It's basically the opposite of existence where the timelines which die go to rot, heck, the Dream Devourer straight up eats dreams while being in the Darkness Beyond Time, supporting the idea of the Darkness being outside Zurvan.

Schala also talks about Zurvan like it's another place, thus outside the Darkness, it wouldn't make sense if they're in the same range.
I know, but do you have prove that this darkness is larger than the multiverse qualitatively? aside that this is just inter-dimensional range.

they are not, it just that they add an extra axis. like they are another dimension on their own
They do though?
I know, but do you have prove that this darkness is larger than the multiverse qualitatively? aside that this is just inter-dimensional range.
Lavos gets above baseline range as the Darkness is completely outside Zurvan, people inside the multiverse need very complex ways to access it and Lavos can still affect Zurvan just fine from the Darkness.

This is why he gets above baseline range, because he can affect the multiverse from a place completely outside of it.

They do not work as transcendent to each other, they are simply different directions of time, not some sort of higher D,
As an example, 1D and 1D are not superior to each other, but bring them together you have 2D.
Same here, each time dimension are 1D, but together they are 2D, not that one of them is transcendent of the other
Lavos gets above baseline range as the Darkness is completely outside Zurvan, people inside the multiverse need very complex ways to access it and Lavos can still affect Zurvan just fine from the Darkness.

This is why he gets above baseline range, because he can affect the multiverse from a place completely outside of it.
That is interdimensional range not low 1-C range

They do not work as transcendent to each other, they are simply different directions of time, not some sort of higher D,
As an example, 1D and 1D are not superior to each other, but bring them together you have 2D.
Same here, each time dimension are 1D, but together they are 2D, not that one of them is transcendent of the other
I smell BS, because some verses like KH because 6D because of a similar thing iirc.

And isn't Temporal Dimension the reason why Low 2-C is different than 3-A?
That is interdimensional range not low 1-C range
I fail to see how. It's affecting a Low 1-C place from a place completely beyond it. The darkness it's not something within a baseline Low 1-C place, it cannot be within the same range lol.

That still qualifies as a higher dimension though. It’s called a complex plane. Imaginary time uses it and something called two time physics as well. By necessity, the additional axis creates a larger structure, and if the structure has a scale of infinity, then strictly speaking, it must be transcendent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back