• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chronoverse Back to Tier 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FATE and Dragon God are equal to each other, and both of them are fought right before the Time Devourer, making them both definitely above the Dream Devourer. And FATE has such power after taking the Frozen Flame's power. If we count to the fact that the Frozen Flame is directly connected to Lavos, it's reasonable to think that as Lavos gets strong, the Frozen Flame does too. Y'all forget that Chrono Trigger and Cross are both RPGs where power grows as long as the game goes on, and if those Gods are fought right before the Time Devourer, they definitely do downscale from it in some fashion.
Base Lavos scales above FATE and the Dragon God regardless. The Dragon God is a personification of the Earth's energy and Lavos sucked that completely dry.

It's also noted that the Dragon God you fight is an aspect of Lavos, as a long time ago it was just absorbed directly into him and the current Dragon God is just a projection into the real world by Lavos. So I don't think this part is valid.

Base Lavos > FATE and Dragon God would cause a very weird scaling, as FATE treats Lynx as only a piece of herself, and Lynx has killed Lucca. Aka it would make Base Lavos > FATE > Dream Devourer. Or it would make Lucca > Lynx, as she was able to defeat Lavos, despite Lynx, who is merely FATE's biological avatar, has killed her.
This is a bit more fair, but post-Trigger feats probably don't count as anything more than an anti-feat. Plus, the game is pretty vague on whether Lucca actually died, how she died (whether it be to the fire or Lynx) iirc. With it being non-specific and open-ended I don't think you can use that as a proper point against scaling.

I don't think it necessarily invalidates the Frozen Flame being a tiny splinter off of Lavos' shell which he should naturally be stronger than. Especially since Lavos scales above FATE regardless.

Base Lavos scales above FATE and the Dragon God regardless.
Lmao. Let's yeet away RPG-like leveling coz of your dumb narrative.
The Dragon God is a personification of the Earth's energy and Lavos sucked that completely dry.
Nowhere is that said. Lavos is sucking the Earth's energy for millions of years, not all of it.
It's also noted that the Dragon God you fight is an aspect of Lavos
Time Devourer* but okay.
This is a bit more fair, but post-Trigger feats probably don't count as anything more than an anti-feat. Plus, the game is pretty vague on whether Lucca actually died, how she died (whether it be to the fire or Lynx) iirc. With it being non-specific and open-ended I don't think you can use that as a proper point against scaling.
That seems a lot like a direct slaughter to me.

Lmao. Let's yeet away RPG-like leveling coz of your dumb narrative.
You're the one making up the headcanon that the Frozen Flame gets stronger when Lavos gets stronger, when at this point it has becomes an autonomous power source, pretty much.

Lavos straight up does not exist in the timeline anymore, I don't know why it would continue to grow in strength to something that doesn't even exist anymore. You're kind of the one that needs to prove that it does increase in power as the Time Devourer and Schala keep merging.

Nowhere is that said. Lavos is sucking the Earth's energy for millions of years, not all of it.
When you go to the Black Omen in the future, Zeal says that you're dumb and Lavos has already consumed Earth's life energy so there's no point in defeating her there. At that point, it should be pretty easy to infer that she means at least a good majority of life energy is gone.

You're the one making up the headcanon that the Frozen Flame gets stronger when Lavos gets stronger, when at this point it has becomes an autonomous power source, pretty much.

Lavos straight up does not exist in the timeline anymore, I don't know why it would continue to grow in strength to something that doesn't even exist anymore. You're kind of the one that needs to prove that it does increase in power as the Time Devourer and Schala keep merging.
Belthasar clearly refers to the Time Devourer when he made that statement. You're overthinking waaaay too much.
When you go to the Black Omen in the future, Zeal says that you're dumb and Lavos has already consumed Earth's life energy so there's no point in defeating her there. At that point, it should be pretty easy to infer that she means at least a good majority of life energy is gone.
Straight up contradicted from the fact that the Dragon God is immediately before the Dragon God, so...

I will take a look at it tomorrow but I should say the OP is really hard to read, which discouraged me at first since I have no knowledge in chronoverse
Ah, I did not know that it's hard to read. I tried on different approach on writing one but I don't know that it's hard to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back