• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania Discussion Thread: Simon's Quest

TyranoDoom30

He/Him
So we basically had a Castlevania discussion thread before, but that one seems like it died. So i've decided to revive it.

So feel free to discuss anything related to Castlevania!

Sites with Information, Bestiaries, items and etc in Japanese:
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (Here)
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (Here)
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (Here and Here)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Here)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Here)

Only Japanese Bestiaries:
Aria of Sorrow (Here)
Dawn of Sorrow (Here)
Order of Ecclesia (Here)
Portrait of Ruin (Here)
Mirror of Fate (Here)

Last edited:
Me waiting for my 1999 game...
Only game that matters. For me it doesn't matter if there are no more games that continue the timeline. For me the story ended well and there is nothing more to present. I think it's already good, it's been centuries of history.

But the 1999 battle should have. It's literally the most important event in the series, and not having a game or novel about it is pretty sad.

If there was a game from 1999, I would be happy, and for me, they could leave the franchise alone. At most having remakes of dated games, like the ps2 ones (although I had fun playing). It would be nice to have a remake of the 3D games as they date faster.

In addition, of course, to continue the LoS franchise since there were only 3 games of it.

I'll try to comment a little here.

I was playing Castlevania Advance Collection and I'm only 3 achievements short of 100%, obviously Dracula X. What the hell trying to reset that.

I really wanted to reset without save state.

But it's an old game, that is, you have to clear everything at once. You don't have to stop for today and come back tomorrow, it's all over again.

So I'm using save state at the beginning of stages. That's it. Passed a stage, save state and that's it. No save state in the middle of the stage or in boss.

I'm waiting for the Lament of Innocence sequel where Leon destroys the moon to kill the night (The moon is also Galamoth)

Or better yet, Kid Dracula 2, which is canon, and states that Kid Dracula is actually Soma's kid

A very good video about the timeline. With details of Japanese history, curiosities and etc. I recommend it to everyone.

The video is in Portuguese, but the owner of the channel has already put subtitles in English in the options.

Hey look, a channel i follow

Also, as the video notes, the Chaotic Realm is simply called Chaos in the Japanese version, so i guess that's supporting evidence for HDE for Chaos since he is an entire universe beyond the human world

Hey look, a channel i follow

Also, as the video notes, the Chaotic Realm is simply called Chaos in the Japanese version, so i guess that's supporting evidence for HDE for Chaos since he is an entire universe beyond the human world
Chaos already has HDE for a long time. And I already talked to glass about this Chaos.

About him not literally being all chaos or "the root of all things chaotic" since that doesn't even have it in Japanese.

I'm also saving sites with Castlevania bestiaries in Japanese. And some of them have additional things like dialogues in Japanese and description of weapons, armor and items.

So we basically had a Castlevania discussion thread before, but that one seems like it died. So i've decided to revive it.

So feel free to discuss anything related to Castlevania!

If you can, put this in the OP.

For those who want to review things in Japanese know where to go.

Sites with Information, Bestiaries, items and etc in Japanese:
Only Japanese Bestiaries:
NOTE: Some have repeated bestiaries because on some sites the description of the enemy does not appear in the bestiary. For example, this Dawn of Sorrow website does not show descriptions of enemies in the bestiary, this other website does.

@Phsccarvalho Don’t really think the Japanese bestiary for mirrors of fate is necessary when Konami themselves weren’t the ones who made the game, it was Mercury steam.

@Phsccarvalho Don’t really think the Japanese bestiary for mirrors of fate is necessary when Konami themselves weren’t the ones who made the game, it was Mercury steam.
Well, it's still the mother language of the series and Konami.

And wow, how different is the description of the magic book in Japanese. It is only said that the book records the end of its victims.

Apparentaly the one scan we use for the castle transmutating someone into the Ghost actually says that it was a ghost who was enlarged, but tbf i could be wrong since i used DeepL and MTLs hate context in Japanese

Apparentaly the one scan we use for the castle transmutating someone into the Ghost actually says that it was a ghost who was enlarged, but tbf i could be wrong since i used DeepL and MTLs hate context in Japanese
That must be it.

There are other things, for example, the owl that we use for the biology manipulation, it's actually the castle making it go rabid. There are other little things there and here.

Like Lilith speaking in English that she breathes her soul in her dreams, and in Japanese she doesn't do any of that.

@Phsccarvalho but Konami didn’t make the LoS games, Mercury Steam did, so they’d have more say on what’s what since Konami didn’t do much with that side of the series.

@Dust_Collector come back when Fodderdorf stops taking Ls from Naruto characters. 😎
heh I'll have you know that as of Tears of the Kingdom ChadonDorf solos Naruto 🗿

well the new Ganondorf does anyway, can't say the same for the crusty old Ganondorf from the other games

Well, it's still the mother language of the series and Konami.
Don't think that matters given who worked on and wrote the story for the LOS series

@Dust_Collector cool, that’s step one on being Dracula’s level, now what about 2-100?

Don't think that matters given who worked on and wrote the story for the LOS series
Pretty much this. We don’t look through the Japanese text for DmC DMC because Capcom made the original series, ninja theory made that game so what their language they use takes priority.

Then save state it, it’s fundamentally bad in terms of its level design and controls compared to Rondo and SC4, might as well fight fire with fire.

Then save state it, it’s fundamentally bad in terms of its level design and controls compared to Rondo and SC4, might as well fight fire with fire.
I said, I'm just going to save state at the beginning of each stage.

At most, do a save stage at the beginning of Dracula's fight when I get there. If the route to it is too difficult.

Still rather fight that Dracula fight than the Adventure boss fight, holy shit was that one such a clusterfuck (alongside the rest of the game).

Back