• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chrono series: Revival Discussion Thread

Absorbing energy doesn't mean you can output it. A cheeseburger contains 8.37 x 10^6 Joules of energy.

Btw, why? The Earth's core generates 4.4e13 W, wouldn't Lavos absorbing it mean he got in Joules the energy of 65 million years worth of that?
It doesn't absorb the energy of the earth's core, just it's vague life force, so I'm not sure this really applies

They also certainly couldn't have absorbed all of it because that'd cause a dramatic shift in the overall temperature of the planet, so that's an unquantifiable element that would make it much lower

ga7hs2btzk361.jpg

Bro unironically forgot about the thread.

Bumping this as now as the calcs for both Trigger and Cross are now completed.

Chrono Trigger:
  • Early Game: 8-C+ (from Marle's Ice I) and Superhuman (from Crono's cyclone)
  • Mid Game: 7-B (from Frog's cloud split) and whatever is the Epoch flight/attack speed (as they visibly react to the beams it shoots, if you look closely to Dalton firing them)
  • End game: 5-A and Epoch speed or MFTL+ (dunno if it's just Travel speed or it's fine to scale to combat speed), likely Immeasurable.
  • Post-Dimensional Vortex: At least 5-A, possibly Low 1-C (all of cosmology), speed same as End Game

Chrono Cross:
  • Early Game: 9-A (from Uplift) and Superhuman (from Serge being comparable to dogs and giant birds in speed)
  • Mid Game: 5-A (from BlackHole and an holding back Harle's Lunairetic) and Epoch speed
  • End Game: Low 1-C (a single timeline), likely far higher (all of cosmology), same speed as Post-Dimensional Vortex CT
Radical Dreamers is generally just 9-C and Superhuman on its own.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, on the topic of the Worldmap being unusable as a metric for how fast the Epoch travels, doesn't one of the endings have you just smash it into Lavos directly?

Granted, it doesn't exactly show any frame of reference as to where the Epoch starts, but it should be at least outside the range of the area Lavos is shown to emerge from

Granted, it doesn't exactly show any frame of reference as to where the Epoch starts, but it should be at least outside the range of the area Lavos is shown to emerge from
I wouldn't think this is quantifiable in any shape or form using this way.

I'd just use an end from where it was above the clouds, maybe 10 km, given they were above the clouds like with Zeal.

Though your Zeal calc has a problem, why using 2 km of height instead of 10? It's above every mountain, as you'd need the wack teleport device to reach it.

That calc is really scrapped together overall but mountains are 609.6 meters as a baseline, 2 KM would still be well above them

I think the calc stuff is done for now, so let's pass in the Tier 1 stuff and abilities.

Though the verse can unironically quality for 1-A if Ultima's stuff is legit.

OH hey I was just about to try to get INTO Chrono trigger. Surprised it's being buffed back to 5-A. Though it seems like the speed's being downgraded to supersonic? sad.

you know assuming Crono's lightning is treated as real lightning. Frog does move in tandom with it during his and Crono's duel attack. (I remember seeing that used for speed a long time ago.)

Edit: here are specific frames in which Frog does move when the lightnign moves. Doing some of my own... impercise napkin math I got it basically mach 400. Assuming this is treated like real lightning. (Which I think it should be? the final bolt is attracted to frog's sword.)

Course I'm not a math person. So... math could very much be wrong.

Last edited:

you know assuming Crono's lightning is treated as real lightning. Frog does move in tandom with it during his and Crono's duel attack. (I remember seeing that used for speed a long time ago.)

Edit: here are specific frames in which Frog does move when the lightnign moves. Doing some of my own... impercise napkin math I got it basically mach 400. Assuming this is treated like real lightning. (Which I think it should be? the final bolt is attracted to frog's sword.)

That's something pretty neat ngl. Didn't think about that.

That's something pretty neat ngl. Didn't think about that.
It literally just occured to me after remebering the "how strong is Crono" video which mentioned it. and I double checked the move frame by frame to make sure. So It doesn't surprise me, because it doesn't look like he moves in tandom unless you go frame by frame. just cause it's so fast (I think the entire thing is done in 4 frames, lol.)

But ye, does seem like MHS could be a possibility if nothing else is found/no moves can scale. Granted, I'm going to play the games myself to form my own opinon's but Even if I disagree with stuff here I'll try my best to point out anything I notice.)

If the lightning is coming from the clouds or sky I think he's moving much slower than it. Or it slows down

I used watch frame by frame, and the lightning at 13:50 is moving at comparable speeds to Frog falling, which means the lightning is slow

He's falling due to gravity here though
From an jump specifically made for an attack (plus not every piece of fiction falls under terminal velocity). Plus if Cronos lightning is natural I don't see why it'd move at consistant speeds in every other instance but be slow ONLY for this specific one.

Back