• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania Small Revisions

Greetings, and welcome to yet another Castlevania CRT, this time, for the games

My proposal here is about two profiles from Harmony of Dissonance, a new profile from someone of that game, a new profile for the overall series and then it's all about Magic and the current inteligence section for the characters, as I believe it's currently lacking a few standards to better separate users of magic and experts of magic

We'll start with Juste Belmont and Maxim

>Harmony of Dissonance additions

Juste is currently scaled above Death by, well, defeating him and the Wraith of Dracula, but going through the japanese raws from his game's guide, I found this statement:

ジュスト・ベルモンド
今作の主人公
最油のヴァンパイアハンターといわれるベルモンド
ヴェルナンデス家の血を色く受け継いでいるため、
を持つ。
の間でも才と呼ばれるほどの才礎で、
若干16歳で先祖伝来の職ヴァンパイアキラーを受け継ぐ。

Which translates to:

"Juste Belmondo
The main character of this work
Belmondo is said to be the best vampire hunter because he inherited the blood of the Vernandez -Belnades- family. He is so talented that he is called talented even among the people, and he inherited his ancestral job of Vampire Killer at the age of 16"

Notice how the statement is directly tied to Juste because he is indeed the Belmont who has the biggest connection to the Belnades and the most skilled in magic. Therefore, he, even at 18, is stronger than Simon Belmont, and this is the actual most important scaling for him, as Simon is vastly above Death and Dracula Wraith

Thus, I believe Juste's Attack Potency section should be:

>Attack Potency: Low Multiverse level (Considered to be the strongest vampire hunter up until his time, which makes him stronger than Simon Belmont. Defeated Dracula Wraith who's above Death, who's capable of destroying the Time Reaper, who threatened to erase all the Castlevania timelines)

Next character is Maxim. Currently Maxim is listed as 2-C for keeping up with Juste, which is fair, but represents only the possessed version of Maxim, not Human, Base Maxim. So this is actually an argument for a new key for him, leaving his Evil Persona with a different scaling. Human Maxim is stated to be Juste's rival, however, that's for their younger years, Harmony's Plot is all about Maxim feeling inferior to Juste after he got his Belmont shenanigans going on (Beats me on how Maxim ever hoped to be equal to him but whatever). I'll use Castlevania's Wiki Dialogue Page to quote them:

Maxim: The day you inherited the title of Vampire Hunter... I felt as if a wall had been erected between us... and for that reason I set out on my expedition. I wanted to be better than you and relieve you of your fate.
Juste: ...
Maxim: Long ago, you told me of Dracula's remains. Do you remember that?
Juste: Yes, I remember. The story of how my grandfather, Simon, gathered Dracula's remains and destroyed them to undo his curse.
Maxim: I thought my wishes would be granted if I too could gather and destroy them.
Juste: What?! You found them?
Maxim: According to legend, it's still too early for Dracula's resurrection. It is not like anyone is cursed right now either. At first, I was doubtful that I could find all his remains... But I uncovered six parts, as if guided by a higher being...
Juste: That's impossible...
Maxim: I have little memory of what occurred after that, but the remains have vanished. I do remember clearly though that Lydie was kidnapped....
Juste: If true, Dracula's bodily remains may be giving rise to this castle...
Maxim: Forgive me. This is all my fault...
Juste: I'm not the one you should be seeking forgiveness from...
Maxim: ?!
Juste: You ought to apologize to Lydie first. We must hurry and find her.
Maxim: Yes. Yes, you're right. OK, I'll be off then.
Juste: Maxim... I believe in you.
Maxim: Thanks, Juste...
(Maxim leaves)

This shows how Human Base Maxim isn't really at Juste's level and his inferior power is what made the game possible, so I won't scale him to 2-C. Still, Maxim's problems start when he develops a 2nd personality, a spirit that appeared after he started to gather Dracula's Relics, that generated two "Castlevanias" that represented Maxim's broken persona:

First Encounter with Death
???
: Halt! The color of your soul... You must be a Belmont...
Juste: That is correct. This... overwhelming power... Death...?
Death: Indeed.
Juste: Which means this is, in fact, Dracula's castle...
Death: That might be true... though the power that is here is not my lord's.
Juste: What do you mean?!
Death: I must go now. We shall meet again, son of Belmont...
(Death vanishes away with evil laughter)
Juste: Aaargh... He... got away...
(Juste shakes his fist)

Here Death directly says the Castle wasn't created by Dracula's power yet, only Maxim's

Death Battle
(Juste shakes his fist to Death with anger)
Juste: So this is where you were! Return Lydie to me!
Death: Fear not. That maiden is now with Maxim.
Juste: But why!? Leave Lydie out of this!
Death: That maiden will play an essential role in the completion of this castle.
Juste: What do you mean by that!?
Death: This castle is in a transient state and is preparing for my lord's resurrection. However, the castle is not complete until these two castles have merged. In short, we must rid of your dear friend's spirit.
Juste: Maxim is a man of great strength! It won't be so easy to do as you plan!!
Death: He was born of my lord, so of course he knows ways to reinforce his power. When something is dear to you, its effect on you becomes immeasurable.
Juste: ?! No, surely not... not Lydie's blood... Stay away from her!
Death: Do not interfere. Now, I will extinguish the candle of your soul!
(The battle begins)

This is a important quote: "the castle is not complete until these two castles have merged. In short, we must rid of your dear friend's spirit" because it shows we can't scale Maxim to the full extent of Castlevania's power.

Second Encounter with Death
(Juste arrives at the portal and encounters with Death again)
Juste: Aaargh! Death has returned!
Death: Mortal... you know of a man by the name of 'Maxim,' do you not?
Juste: Yes, I do! What about him?!
Death: I believe that man has discovered objects that hold my lord's powers.
Juste: ?! You mean Dracula's remains...
Death: My lord's fragmented remains?! Now it makes perfect sense...
Juste: What on earth are you talking about?!
Death: You have provided me with an answer. So I shall reward you with an explanation. It's simple. This castle is a creation of Maxim's will.
Juste: What?! But he's not capable of such a feat!
Death: True of the original Maxim, but possession of my lord's remains changes everything. The castles' two spirits now embody my lord's powers.
Juste: The castles' 'two' spirits?!
Death: Two spirits exist now within his body. His original spirit and a wicked spirit born from my lord's remains.
Juste: What a ridiculous notion...
Death: And so, two castles were born to embody the two spirits. Of the two spirits, the wicked one wanted the castles most.
Juste: Wait a minute! What do you mean by 'two castles'?!
Death: Ignorant mortal... Don't you realize that this castle has two "layers"? I don't want to have anything more to do with you. Farewell!
(Death enters the portal with evil laughter)
Juste: W-wait! Are you running away from me?
Death: This castle, as it is now, is a transient one. I must go and aid its completion...
(Death leaves)

Keep in mind Juste believes in Human Maxim to the very end, and his quote of him not being able to to do such a feat is more likely about his morals instead of power, it would also be contradictory with all the information we have to Maxim simply not be able to give half the power for a Castlevania where that's literally what happened. So basically, Human Maxim and Evil Maxim made two "half" Castlevanias, and once both are merged, it would result in the full extent of said being. This leaves me in doubt because I have no idea what "half Low 2-C" is, could be 3-A or could be just a weaker Low 2-C, I'll leave that to a debate in the comments. Evil Maxim would be eventually capable of fighting Juste and be portrayed as being stronger than Death by the end of the game, so I'd rather show both of these levels on his attack potency section, as it's very likely a result of his powers slowly reaching Dracula's Wraith levels (But not on the same level, as it needed the relics to reach that form), however, Juste took down Dracula's Wraith and actually trashtalked it after defeating him, and said entity was far superior to Maxim, so his scaling to Juste should be removed

Attack Potency: Placeholder (His good persona was able to provide half the power to recreate the Castlevania) | Placeholder (Should be comparable to his good persona initially), up to Low Multiverse level (Portrayed as being stronger than Death, who is far superior to the Time Reaper, who threatened to erase all the Castlevania timelines)

Now, for the final step in Harmony's events, I want to create a profile for Dracula Wraith.

You may be thinking it's unnecessary, but Wraith is a completely different being than Dracula, going as far as saying that he had never felt the power of a Belmont before, despite fighting Juste in 1748, after 3 Belmonts already nuked Drac:

Defeating Dracula Wraith
(Juste defeats Dracula Wraith)
Dracula Wraith: Argggh!!
Juste: I told you so. Do not underestimate the power of my bloodline!!
Dracula Wraith: So- So this is the power of Belmont...
Juste: Vile spawn of Maxim, you are not worthy of being my opponent.
Dracula Wraith: I will now fade from this world... but I find some pleasure in this... with the cursed powers of yours, destiny calls you to hunt for all eternity.
(Dracula Wraith fades away)

It's a spirit created from his relics and the one who possessed Maxim, it's very clearly portrayed as the strongest enemy in the game even while being just a shadow of actual Dracula and that’s why he's relevant, improving our understanding of the series scaling.

My suggestion to his attack potency section is:

Attack Potency: Low Multiverse level (Stronger than Death, powered Maxim enough for him to match Juste Belmont for a limited amount of time and fought the Belmont after taking a physical form)

Here's the blog for his profile: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Lightning_XXI/Dracula's_Wraith

>Intelligence rework

This section focuses on rewriting the intelligence section in a few profiles

That's necessary because, in Castlevania, Magic is related to Quantum Physics (Most likely a fancy way to say Magic is Science that we do not understand), that's great, but it has consequences, as it's well known to be a difficult area of science to understand, and many Castlevania characters are users of magic, if not all of them. But does that mean they all are Geniuses ? I doubt, and the profiles do reflect this but some being listed as Gifted while having a vast amount of magical tricks, and others as Genius while having a smaller list of tricks, so here, in this CRT, I want to set a few standards to consider who's Gifted and who's a Genius by looking at the many ways one can showcase their undertanding of Quantum-Space shenanigans, or Magic, in other words.

From the Inteligence section:

Above Average: Characters that show greater cognitive ability than the norm, but do not particularly stand out in any intellectual or academic fields.

Gifted:
Characters who demonstrate high reasoning ability, can master difficult concepts with few repetitions, and display high performance capability or notable mastery in intellectual or specific academic fields, which makes them equivalent to real-world experts in these areas.

Genius: Individuals with an exceptional capacity for knowledge and intelligence, usually in one area of varying depth. This level of intellect is the level of real-world geniuses, polymaths, and genuinely extremely prominent intellectuals, and, in the absence of better feats, should be the default intelligence category for fictional characters with exceptional or superhuman intelligence.

Considering this, I want to separate the Castlevania characters into three levels of Magical prowess: User of Magic (Above Average), Skilled in Magic (Gifted) and Master Magician (Genius).

Users of Magic should include the characters that are not particularly notable in that field, can use some spells, but just like it happens in real life, years of training can allow Average IQ people to perform complex activities, and as such, characters with a baseline use of Magic should be here

Skilled in Magic are maybe the most common ones, as it would include characters with a vast array of magic for attack, defense or utility. Characters in this level must have different types of magic (At least 2 different uses for it, like Trevor who can perform Holy magic and Elemental Magic). Also, keep in mind it must come directly from the user, not by Sub-Items or relics that are capable of giving magic to the user to perform (Like the Stopwatch)

Masters of Magic are the real deal, and easily geniuses considering what they know and do. Characters here must have unique uses for their magic, have statements of being a master magician, showcase a vast knowledge on magic on dialogues, cutscenes, rituals, or have a huge amount of different magical tricks on their sleeves

So I'll form a list, and I invite you to agree, disagree or move characters between levels.

Users of Magic :

Christopher Belmont: Has standard Belmont Magic passed through training and blood

Trevor Belmont (Castle 3): Has standard Belmont Magic passed through training and blood + Sub Weapons/Relics based magic

Simon Belmont: Has standard Belmont Magic passed through training and blood + Sub Weapons/Relics based magic, also stated to not be that good with Magic in Grimoire of Souls

John Morris: Has standard Belmont (Morris) Magic passed through training and blood + Sub Weapons/Relics based magic

Grant Danasty: Has a few magical tricks

Maxim Kischine: On his own, Maxim has a set of magical abilities but most of his arsenal in terms of magic comes from Chaos based powers

Albus: Standard Magical aspects of Castlevania

Sonia Belmont: Has standard Belmont abilities, she has Alucard's and Death's powers thanks to absorbing their souls, but I'll leave this up to discussion if she should be a Genius for knowing how to use their powers or if having their souls grants a easier way to just use them

Henry Oldrey: Also has the standard haxes from a hunter

Carrie Fernandez: I believed she would be on the level ahead, but her profile lists only the standard abilities aswell

Reinhardt Schneider: Same "Belmont" package

Skilled in Magic :

Trevor Belmont (Curse of Darkness): Has access to Item Crashes + His own Magic like covering his body in Fire or in a Golden Aura to enhance his physicals

Richter Belmont: Has standard Belmont Magic passed through training and blood + Sub Weapons/Relics based magic + Item Crashes

Julius Belmont: Has standard Belmont Magic passed through training and blood + Sub Weapons/Relics based magic + Item Crashes

Maria Renard: Her magic covers Summons, Elementals and the usual items and sub weapons, could be a Master, I'm actually unsure

Eric Lecarde: The Lecardes have their own set of magical abilities that include Memory Magic, Elemental Magic and etc

Jonathan Morris: A curious case, he has a good amount of magical tricks, however shows to be quite unaware of Magic's Quantum aspects, So I'm unsure where to list him for sure

Sypha Belnades: Her blood is stated to be the source of powerful magic and she has multiple elemental and utility spells

Yoko Belnades: Comparable to Sypha

Masters of Magic :

Leon Belmont: Has way, WAY more Magical tricks than most characters of the series, his profile is self explanatory

Juste Belmont: Similar to Leon, but also has statements of having the biggest magical power of the clan, and the first (And only) to use Spell Fusion, Familiars and etc, has statements of being a prodigy even among his clan, inheriting the whip at only 16, his profile is also self explanatory

Alucard: Also self explanatory, dude has a thousand of different spells, abilities and tricks, also has Vampire and Chaos-based powers

Hector and Isaac: The Devil Forging is stated to be rare and no other forgemaster appeared in the series with feats on the level of these two

Shanoa: Her profile should also be self explanatory

Charlotte Aulin: The one who explained to us what Magic is in Castlevania and how it works, and clearly carries the magical aspect of Portrait of Ruin.

Aeon and Saint-Germain: Masters of Time Magic (One of the rarest abilities outside of item based time hax) and many other tricks

Nathan Graves: Also a self explanatory profile

Notice that I haven't included Chaos Creatures because, considering the absolutely busted amount of haxes they all have, they would all be listed at Masters, however, we need to discuss if being a Chaos creature grants you those abilities naturally or it grants you the knowledge needed to use them. Another point I want to highlight is the fact that I haven't forgotten about the Universal Energy System of the series, and I know that power and magic are one, but we must remember that the mastery of magic has nothing to do with your AP, but rather in the different haxes that you possess just by using such magical mastery, that's why characters more powerful than Masters may have a lower intelligence, since their arsenal is not so vast, only their pure AP is superior

Exceptions: Dracula/Soma and Barlowe, as they are listed at "Extraordinary Genius" for different reasons rather than magic.

Why would wraith dracula not have the magics of the castle when his death causes the collapse of the castle in the first place? As for having a whole new page I'm not sure on that given Dracula's never fought someone like Juste before, so he's just more astonished someone like him exist and can gain this much power as a belmont as opposed to being like "I've never fought a belmont before". The intelligence rework I'm fine with. Though I disagree with Albus having only average intelligence when he uses the same type of magic as shanoa does plus understands Dominus more than others without being influenced by dracula's magic at the time. Sonia should probably have a buff in the intelligence department given she can utilize foreign magic from alucard and death in that game.

Why would wraith dracula not have the magics of the castle when his death causes the collapse of the castle in the first place?
Oops, I forgot to give him Castle Magic, he absolutely has it
As for having a whole new page I'm not sure on that given Dracula's never fought someone like Juste before, so he's just more astonished someone like him exist and can gain this much power as a belmont as opposed to being like "I've never fought a belmont before".
The dialogue indeed leaves that as a possibility, but why would Juste call the Wraith a "vile spawn of Maxim" if it was Dracula himself ?
The intelligence rework I'm fine with. Though I disagree with Albus having only average intelligence when he uses the same type of magic as shanoa does plus understands Dominus more than others without being influenced by dracula's magic at the time. Sonia should probably have a buff in the intelligence department given she can utilize foreign magic from alucard and death in that game.
Okay, I'll add a buff at their section then

What about the Chaos Creatures intelligence ?

Because Dracula's wraith was born inside of Maxim thanks to his contact with his body parts? It's kinda straightforward if you ask me.

Probably genius level intelligence given a good chunk of the mid tier chaos creatures can control the paintings brauner has, which has that whole "quantum space" jargon Charlotte mentions.

Maria is probably a master. Remember that if you lose to Dracula with Richter in the SOTN prologue, she walks in and casts a spell that makes Richter fodderize the count's transformed state. She also correctly deduces that Richter is being controlled by Shaft and comes up with a way to see through Shaft's control. Her mode in SOTN has a lot of cool magic things. And she already had achieved mastery in Rondo of Blood. At the time, she was twelve.

Maria is also the only person capable of summoning the Sì Xiàng. And one of her gameplay spells makes her invincible so that invincible Richter moment that she made possible is canon to lore and gameplay.

Last edited:
Because Dracula's wraith was born inside of Maxim thanks to his contact with his body parts? It's kinda straightforward if you ask me.
That's kinda non specific coming from Juste, but considering Dracula and the Wraith as the same being and that "Belmont" statement, it shows quite a surprise from him after witnessing Juste's power, may even be worthy of adding it in his AP section
Probably genius level intelligence given a good chunk of the mid tier chaos creatures can control the paintings brauner has, which has that whole "quantum space" jargon Charlotte mentions.
Consider it done

Maria is probably a master. Remember that if you lose to Dracula with Richter in the SOTN prologue, she walks in and casts a spell that makes Richter fodderize the count's transformed state. She also correctly deduces that Richter is being controlled by Shaft and comes up with a way to see through Shaft's control. Her mode in SOTN has a lot of cool magic things. And she already had achieved mastery in Rondo of Blood. At the time, she was twelve.
I wouldn't assume she kust randomly has a spell of that caliber on her own. The fight itself is completely on the player's side in every way, to consider Maria's Spell power at face value (She being able to make anyone stomp Dracula) also means Richter can two-shot Dracula easily by himself as per that fight rules, and that's not what lore truly says

It is better explained if we assume the spell can buff what Richter already has, instead of assuming it was all on Maria's
Maria is also the only person capable of summoning the Sì Xiàng. And one of her gameplay spells makes her invincible so that invincible Richter moment that she made possible is canon to lore and gameplay.
Yeap, the hax itself is what matters here anyway, and I guess she can be a Master considering these other tricks

I wouldn't assume she kust randomly has a spell of that caliber on her own. The fight itself is completely on the player's side in every way, to consider Maria's Spell power at face value (She being able to make anyone stomp Dracula) also means Richter can two-shot Dracula easily by himself as per that fight rules, and that's not what lore truly says

It is better explained if we assume the spell can buff what Richter already has, instead of assuming it was all on Maria's

Yeap, the hax itself is what matters here anyway, and I guess she can be a Master considering these other tricks
A1, all points taken.(y)

@Lightning_XXI By surprise that he wasn't expecting this strength? If so that shouldn't be a surprise because again, Juste himself is stated to have the strongest ties to the Belnades which gave him insane amounts of magic compared to trevor and simon and christopher. Again not really seeing the point in making Wraith dracula a separate character when it's still dracula. It's like making a separate page for Albus dracula just because of dominus possessing him when it's still dracula in the end.

The "half Low 2-C" thing is just Low 2-C. At most, he downscales from the Low 2-C rating.

Anyways, neutral to the scaling and page addition. I'll let you and glass codify your arguments before making any decisions.

The rest is good.

I'm fine with changing the scaling for Juste to be stronger than Simon, I just disagree with wraith dracula having his own page.

Back