• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania Discussion Thread: Simon's Quest

Being a dark lord in the series is not just taking dracula's magic but also sustaining the entire castle, which we've seen with Richter and Brauner. Plus with Soma it was a special case since he had dracula's soul in him, which gave him the closest ties to the dark lord compared to Dmitrii and Dario, where everyone else just took the power and became the dark lord by proxy.

Being a dark lord in the series is not just taking dracula's magic but also sustaining the entire castle, which we've seen with Richter and Brauner. Plus with Soma it was a special case since he had dracula's soul in him, which gave him the closest ties to the dark lord compared to Dmitrii and Dario, where everyone else just took the power and became the dark lord by proxy.
Castle is the result of Dracula's magic, and the representation of it. We are told this in the games.

So to dominate the castle would also be to dominate its magic.

The issue is that in the franchise, whenever someone wanted to become the dark lord, it was by taking Dracula's magic, either directly (AoS) or his Castle.

Galamoth wasn't looking to dominate the castle, he just wanted to destroy Dracula to become the dark lord.

But for example, how did Dracula become Dark Lord? Because he was the one who built the Castle with the "dracula magic" he already had.

What made him different from other vampires and have this "dracula magic" and not simply the chaos magic that other vampires have?

Like, even though Brauner controlled the castle, he still wasn't the Dark Lord.

Lightning already made a CRT for the cast.

Btw, while it's been said a thousand times that Sypha melting the castle engine isn't an applicable AP feat on account of being damage over time, the castle engine does teleport the place with a pretty high amount of power. It generated massive shockwaves that destroyed a forest and everything in it for easily dozens to hundreds of meters, as well as causing massive waves rising dozens of feet in the air when it was inadvertently teleported repeatedly through a river.
There's also Dracula seemingly causing a lunar eclipse (casting a deep red shadow over the moon) when enraged during Carmilla's coup attempt.

Dracula's definitely going to show up again out of nowhere and become the final boss of Nocturne. Don't @ me

Anybody know some totally legit sites where I can get some screen grabs to do some Castlevania calcs with? As you may know, Netflix doesn't take kindly to screenshots

Last edited:
Richter's gonna find himself at the end in a room with a pit, whose only platforms are blue pillars. Then he ***** himself as this plays

Is it trye artbook confirms trevor reacted to a light beam against the troll?
If so can anyone give the scan

Huh, the Bloody Nightmare novel has some pretty decent feats. They flat out have statements and showings of the Stake in the Heart trick not working on vampires when it comes to killing them, and Vampires can freeze someone down to their very soul by making contact with them, and Gods are flat out stated to be abstract concepts.

So what about the Nocturne profiles rn? I have one ready for Annette but I believe others have made blogs for several characters

042.jpg

Huh, so Gabriel's possession in LoS 2 is just normal vampire possession, pretty interesting and can lead to some nice abilities.

Shouldn't vampires also have passive Madness hax?, since Charlotte states that Brauner's mere presence is enough to make a normal person go mad

Prolly only a few using that, I swear in audio drama a normal girl was around one and didn't went insane

@TyranoDoom30 Pretty sure that’s more of a feat for Brauner than it is for normal vampires since she never really mentioned that’s a typical vampire trait.

@chosen Are you referring to Maria? Cause she’s the only girl who ran into a vampire in a drama CD.

T
@TyranoDoom30 Pretty sure that’s more of a feat for Brauner than it is for normal vampires since she never really mentioned that’s a typical vampire trait.

@chosen Are you referring to Maria? Cause she’s the only girl who ran into a vampire in a drama CD.
i recall a nameless one killed right at the beggining of it which was the sister of one devil hunters

She just dies like a few moments after seeing the vampire so I wouldn’t really use that as an argument.

Also, some of Death's abilities on Dracula's page aren't on the actual Death page. I feel like that needs to be fixed

Regarding Brauner, she also states that he has "immense power" before mentioning it, which might be the cause of the Madness hax, but then again you have normal people like Hammer standing next to people like Soma and Alucard without anything happening.

Last edited:
Back