• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania Discussion Thread: Simon's Quest

Is Ultima really planing a massive CRT for the verse or nah? Because I want to revise some things soon It will take years

Is Ultima really planing a massive CRT for the verse or nah? Because I want to revise some things soon It will take years
I dare it before creating an account here.

So I doubt it.

And good luck with those revisions, I put a bunch of Japanese stuff up there. It has dialogues, descriptions and bestiaries in Japanese. Some change a lot from the English like Lilith from Aria of Sorrow, since in Japanese it never says that she sucks your soul in your nightmare.

But it's a lot of content, so it really should take a long time.

Meh, it's nothing that massive. I just want to rework some P&A
I wanted to do this, but fixing it anyway.

Make a chaos creature physiology and dracula magic.

Because 50% of some profiles are just that, and for reviews and so on it's good to have just those pages.

@LIFE_OF_KING Nah he's still scared of my arguments since he stopped commenting in my CRT.

Idk, he's been occupied with SMT, Elder Scrolls and Marvel stuff for a long while so idk when he'll be free to discuss castlevania on the site.

@Phsccarvalho Like I said, Succubus already has these statements in drove so Lilith not having this wouldn't really change anything, plus soul hax is literally common with castlevania magic so nothing really changes.

@Phsccarvalho Like I said, Succubus already has these statements in drove so Lilith not having this wouldn't really change anything, plus soul hax is literally common with castlevania magic so nothing really changes.
And when I said that she specifically would change something a lot? This was just an example of how the Japanese original can be extremely different from the English one. Since it's not Japanese, it doesn't even mention souls or nightmares.

What can make a difference is the thing as a whole. If someone tries to change all scans to japanese.

Idk what you’re trying to say here but we’ve gotten the exact opposite like the Japanese being very explicit on the feats and statements for the lore like the castle’s size or what Chaos is.

Idk what you’re trying to say here
I'm saying what exactly I mean. That Japanese is sometimes quite different from English

but we’ve gotten the exact opposite like the Japanese being very explicit on the feats and statements for the lore like the castle’s size or what Chaos is.
There was no exact opposite here. You just mentioned 2 examples of relevant difference in Japanese.

For some reason it sounds like you're reading "We'll have a lot of downgrades and losses on the back because the Japanese original has none of that".

When I'm just saying "In the original in Japanese, in some cases there is a lot of difference from English, ranging from relevant and non-relevant things".

Also, now that i think about it, could Death have HDE? Considering he's directly born out of Chaos, who's higher dimensional

Also, now that i think about it, could Death have HDE? Considering he's directly born out of Chaos, who's higher dimensional
And Death is part of the castle's magic (according to the translation we have of the novel) And Dracula's magic is accepted as 4D. If you want you can go further as chaos energy is considered 4D and thus try to extend other chaos creatures. lol

@TyranoDoom30 not really? He’s never shown any higher dimensional traits. To the same extent that chaos and Dracula’s castle does. He’s tied to a higher dimensional being but that’s it.

@Phsccarvalho There is an exact opposite here, the chaotic realm being literal chaos in the Japanese is an example of an exact opposite as it makes things more explicit.

@Phsccarvalho There is an exact opposite here, the chaotic realm being literal chaos in the Japanese is an example of an exact opposite as it makes things more explicit
Exact opposite of what dude? You literally made my point again.

Read again. "In the original in Japanese there are things very different from the English, some being relevant or not" This Chaos thing is literally an example. Since in Japanese it makes his nature with Dracula more clear.

I'm not saying "English has a lot of things it doesn't have in Japanese, so it's going to result in a lot of downgrades". And I don't understand why you think that.

You keep bringing up Lilith not having soul hax as your main example of the changes. And I’m bringing up Chaos as an example on how the Japanese can add as well as lose some stuff here and there for the verse.

You keep bringing up Lilith not having soul hax as your main example of the changes. And I’m bringing up Chaos as an example on how the Japanese can add as well as lose some stuff here and there for the verse.
It's because Lilith is one of the most blatant and simple examples to bring up. Since it's just a sentence.

Also, why we don't scale some boss characters like Shaft or Elizabeth to the 2-C feats? I'm gonna assume it's a similar case as in Kirby where gameplay doesn't fully justify their ratings and need statements and lore to prove that they're comparable to the main protagonist

@TyranoDoom30 Because there’s little to no reason they’d scale to those levels of power when they get defeated really easily by the hunters of their time, especially for Shaft as he doesn’t have any statements of Richter and Maria needing to tag team against him like they did with Dracula.

I feel like if they did make a LoS 3, these types of rendition of Castlevania themes would fit perfectly for that sub series.

No but he's a skull guy and is cool to think about him fightning Death (Mainly via the lore as well)
Are you talking about Adventure Time? He controlled Death from there as well.

I wanted to do an Aeon vs Time Eater (Sonic) or Time Eater vs Time Reaper.

But it's either a stomp or a game of who hits first.

Also damn, i just realized that Leon's theme has a reprise of the SCV4 Dracula theme. Konami was a frickin' genius

too many games on my backlog atm to try out Dead Cells, though I've listened to the remixed castlevania tracks and they're as good as I'd imagine they'd be.

Would anyone from Danny Phantom put up a good fight for the Castle characters (other than chaos creatures)?

Whereas I think all of the DP ghosts are 4D.

Depends on what they even have.
Well, as I recall all your Hax and resistances are 4D. So they wouldn't die to one hit depending on the character. But there are few 4A's in Castlevania and I don't remember if DP characters' Power Nullification Resistance are layered.

Is their soul hax resistance beyond baseline 4-D? Because soul hax is upscales with how strong a Castlevania character is thanks to the UES the series has

A very good video about the timeline. With details of Japanese history, curiosities and etc. I recommend it to everyone.

The video is in Portuguese, but the owner of the channel has already put subtitles in English in the options.

Im currently watching and damn, that video ***** with the current profiles

The morning star is an upgrade of the vampire killer, based on the spiritual strength of the user.

Ok wtf? Is that actually stated in the games? cause if so holy shit does that make the vampire killer even more busted.

Just found something closely related to the bloodlines guide, and it mentions the whip growing stronger with the mental power John morris has. Inb4 vampire killer has mind hax with every hit.

Back