• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania Discussion Thread: Simon's Quest

I'll have to double check on the kanji, but yeah, some interesting things from the timeline video indeed. Plus from what little I've seen from the bloody nightmare novel that was translated there's some text that mentions gods as abstract beings with no true form, so that's gonna be fun.

I disagree, there's plenty of statements that heavily implies he is a concept of death. From the fact he governs the death of all things, to even having avatars of himself be formed even in Lords of Shadow. Plus again the Bloody nightmare novel goes against that since Death is stated to be a god and gods are abstract beings with no true form.

Got up to Ecclesia in that vid, gonna take a break for the time being but I'm not sure why he thinks Alucard is incapable of killing a fully resurrected Drac in SOTN when he has dracula's powers in him, which is what Shanoa used to kill him in Ecclesia.

I'm not going to lie, I feel extremely weird about Death, a enemy of god, being the literal death when Dracula explicitly says that death is a natural thing and that for him to take revenge against god he would become immortal, going against god's norm.
Considering that Chaos is born out of people's negative feelings, it would make more sense to assume that Death comes from the negative thoughts that humans have of the idea of dying
formed even in Lords of Shadow
The video explain the Canon
A lot of what is canonical here is noncanonical there (Like Castlevania 64)
Lord of Shadows is faaaaaaaar way from being considered relevant as much as here

Last edited:
You do realize the non canon games are all in the same multiverse in the series right? Igarashi and Konami made that clear that the non canon games are parallel timelines.

Yeah, ik
I'm talking about the video's perspective about the main canon
But idk we still use the Lord of Shadows tho

I guess, either way, some nice stuff indeed, ngl this does make me question if those tile sub weapon upgrades in the older games have more weight now the morningstar whip has actual in lore boosts. would actually make for some nutty timestop resistance scaling.

22_Sem_Titulo.jpg

Quick question, but is there some more elaboration on Chaos' HDE other than him existing in a realm only Dracula can access and him embodying it?

Chaos is the realm itself as well as being a concept that exists across the different timelines in the series. The castle being an entire universe with its own flow of time, which is only a small fraction of what Chaos itself encompasses justifies it having HDE.

Huh, bit weird that they made Olrox look like that and give him a story like that, but seems interesting.

Ok so Maria is gonna be in the show, that’s nice. Wonder how the choreography is gonna look with her animals.

In fact, I think it's going to be the black girl Annete. Annete's voice actress is black and I doubt they would make her voice someone white.
Apparentaly she's been working in the Carribean, and considering her swords i'm inclined to believe that.

So we got two characters who are massively different now

Also, i hope they use more songs from the games in the show, since i thought it was a bit dissapointing that they didn't used them in the original show other than Bloody Tears.

Also, i hope they use more songs from the games in the show, since i thought it was a bit dissapointing that they didn't used them in the original show other than Bloody Tears.
I doubt it, they don't seem to care much about gaming stuff. Virtually everything there appears to be original.

Finally got the recalc for dracula's meteor done.

******* FINALLY!!!!!! Please get more music into the show, Sinking old sanctuary, Tragic Prince and Aquarius would be sick

I'm wanting an episode for Leon Belmont, like a flashback or something to just see him be animated would be awesome iirc Trevor did mention he was from France right?

When they found the Belmont hold he did mention that yeah. Would be dope to see him or Christopher or Juste appear in a flashback too.

As of now no. You might be able to argue it has some layers via UES since every creature has some levels of chaos within them, but that hasn’t been accepted yet.

This has already been accepted, but I'll put it here just so people know.

The new CRT does make me wonder, given Dracula's own will/soul can manifest as part of the castle and destroying it results in the castle being gone, would that remotely be viable to argue any and all dark lords have a higher dimensional existence by proxy?

The new CRT does make me wonder, given Dracula's own will/soul can manifest as part of the castle and destroying it results in the castle being gone, would that remotely be viable to argue any and all dark lords have a higher dimensional existence by proxy?
Perhaps? It's just that it was never really said what really makes you a Dark Lord, which was different in Dracula.

In the case of AoS they wanted to take Dracula's magic, and in DoS they wanted to recover Dracula's dormant magic in Soma.

It was never said what differentiated Dracula from other vampires and what made him the Dark Lord. Because as was said, Dracula's evil will was done while he was already Dracula. He was already the vampire and so on.

And I don't think just controlling the castle could do that, because we don't know if that's really all there is to it. Since Alucard was affecting "the entire" castle and even so he said that reaching the chaos that existed in the castle was only possible for Soma.

So I think it would only be safe to say that the HDE would only be given to those who are dark lords inheriting all of Dracula's magic, like Soma.

Because we also don't know if this evil will is something standard for the Dark Lords. If when someone becomes a dark lord this evil will is automatically created or something like that. Because as the text said, this will was created while Mathias was already Dracula.

That's my opinion.

Back