• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Mizuki (One Punch Man) vs Austin Theory (WWE) (5-0-9)

I'm glad the debate could continue in a productive manner. Given the nature and length of it, I feel like reiterating points from both sides in a concise manner and pinging past voters to take a look could help.

For example, a lot of the Mizuki FRAers came in before it was truly proven or brought up as a point that Mizuki may not actually lead with full lethality and has blunt weaponry as well, and in her first ever fight, did make an attempt to cross the gap. While she is stronger, she is very likely not as skilled and her long polearm weaponry will be far less relevant in melee range. So, it could be argued that her advantages don't matter as much if Mizuki's fighting style does not properly exploit them, on top of Mizuki's skill seemingly being better at dealing with large, skill-less monsters rather than (comparatively) smaller, more nimble human opponents.

Still not voting though.

****** around and made this:

SIg6Hl0.png

So, uh, it would have been brilliant if they were the same rating. I thought Theory and Mizuki were 9-A instead of 9-B, so I was about to put her up against Rainbow Mika from Street Fighter (a wrestler character). Big oof.
🗿

The chances of WWE getting 9-A are low anyways.

Pika is making re-calcs for the current values we have for the Top and God Tiers, but it's taking him a while to do so.

I'm cool with making the match, a little worried that since Jenet is from a fighting game series she might be waaay more skilled, and the LS advantage doesn't help. I think Mizuki has AP though.

I'm preparing to post Mizuki vs Jenet, but to be honest looking into it further, it seems like Mizuki will face the same problems she did here, with even less to help deal with them.

She has no advantages except for a 1.5x AP gap, LS is strongly in Jenet's favor (6.36x advantage), combine that with the likely dominant skill advantage and hand to hand combat is completely shot for Mizuki.

Mizuki doesn't even have a solid range advantage considering a couple of Jenet's techniques allow her to match or outmatch the range Mizuki has with her baton.

Jenet's even better at acrobatics than Mizuki is from what I see, and she has a damage boost on supers to make up for the AP gap. The way she moves in the air and her attacks like Baffrass and Crazy Ivan would be likely to catch Mizuki off guard, in my opinion, too.

The way I see it, I don't really think it's worth making a match over, looks to me like Mizuki loses badly. She gets shut out at almost every turn.

I will say someone else might have a different take than I do, if anyone else wants to make it I don't think they should feel discouraged, but I personally don't think it's competitive enough for me to want to do it. Might be worth asking Fatal Fury supporters about it if you are interested.

On another note, this match still hasn't been added to the profiles, if someone would be so kind as to do so.

Back