• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can the new Kirby calc be added?

You could probably easily calc the size of Mt.Dedede.

And there's a lot of assumptions my dude, one assumption is fine, but everything is an assumption. Even things that you can find out via calc.

@Chariot190 Could you elaborate on what assumptions could have been handled better (Mt. Dedede excluded)?

The assumption with how many planets with life there are and the estimated life count, a lot of the planets we see in Kirby are actually completely uninhabitable planets that only the randoom mooks exist on, otherwise complete death. Then add the numerous planets that got ****** by things like Galacta Knight, Dark Matter, that industry faction, I dont know how'd you'd find a better way to do it, but there's a vast amount of variables in play.

Mt.Dedede though should be easy to calc, there's two ways, taht one could go about it, scaling the outside of the castle off a pre established object, or scaling the inside dimensions like that mario world calc.

2 things to point out there, what are this uninhabitable planet? I'm pretty sure we mostly see beings on any kind of planet and non-planets, and space, if it has places where people can move. Dark Matter doesn't doesn't destroy planets, they just corrupt them. GK is a fair point, granted, he comes from a forgotten time.

The Dark Matter/Galacta Knight thing doesn't really work as even a planet created by 02 (Dark Star) a pretty high ranking dark matter had life living on it even only moments after its creation.

Also I don't really know what you mean by all these "uninhabitable" planets if life is living on it naturally then it is habitable by the standards of the verse and most places we see with only one person on it are usually pocket dimensions created/accessed by them and wouldn't count towards the calc anyway.

The lava planets? The machine planets? The only life on those are the random mooks, otherwise nothing, I said as much. I know DM doesnt, I'm thinking of the kirby boss from Amazing Mirror, I forgot its name though, only know it's connected to DM. Plus the other handful of kirby bosses that blew a chunk outta the galaxy here and there at points. It's a **** ton to be sure, the calc uses the highest possible amount though when we know that's not the case for all planets and all planets, probably a few million-billion less given all the cosmic feats.

Cumberjung said:
The dark matter thing doesn't really work as even a planet created by 02 (Dark Star) a pretty high ranking dark matter had life on it even only moments after its creation.
Also I don't really know what you mean by all these "uninhabitable" planets if life is living on it naturally then it is habitable by the standards of the verse and most places we see with only one person on it are usually pocket dimensions created/accessed by them and wouldn't count towards the calc anyway.
Are you really going to assume those mooks werent put there by 02? But instead live there nomally? When the planet in question aint even a minute old?

I mean the organism count is much less on those planets, more so over other flourishing planets. To the point only one or two species are actualy native.

There is literally no proof that the life on those planets are just "random mooks" as you say and if you have proof of the contrary please source it because the few native species thing is first of all just trying to be thematic I mean literally any helper Kirby can summon (even in there weakest 5-A state) can survive on any of those planets just as well and as a video game there are only so many species worth programming. Also even if that we're not the case then it would just mean far more of the native species there as less land is being taken up putting the population count back to normal.

The entirety of Kirby and The Amazing Mirror takes place in a separate dimension and is irrelevant here.

Considering 02's agenda to kill all of the everything yes I'm assuming they weren't put there by him.

Other cosmic events are usually brushed off but even if we said 50 galaxies were destroyed that would still only be 50 out of 100,000,000,000 options. This would change the result by a negligible amount especially considering many inhabitants are likely to leave or even survive.

Chariot190 said:
The lava planets? The machine planets? The only life on those are the random mooks, otherwise nothing, I said as much. I know DM doesnt, I'm thinking of the kirby boss from Amazing Mirror, I forgot its name though, only know it's connected to DM. Plus the other handful of kirby bosses that blew a chunk outta the galaxy here and there at points.
So, the mostly fire living beings that live in lava planets and robots that live in machine planets and so on are just "random mooks"? I'll say that those planets likely don't have as much life in them for whatever reason, but they are definitely inhabited. Dark Mind, he just aimed to rule that reality, which he was going to do via morality hax, Void Termina end up doing the same in the dimensions where he won. There actually aren't bosses who destroyed interstellar parts of space, you were likely thinking of this guy, whose feat was removed due to being a headcanon. What's more, Popstar has literally Regenerationn (which let's say no other planet has) and this guy applied capitalism to otherwise "savage" planets, and now her daughter is doing the same. We need to ignore that as well but it obviously raises the numbers.

Thanks @Efi.

By the way is there anything you would say should be changed/which final estimate do you think should be used? Given your knowledge all input would be very appreciated.

Ok first off before I rspond to those. Mostly because I think a few of those points are bullshit (a few are fine, although it seems neither of you actually read what I said, I did not once say the planets were completely devoid of life, only that there's a **** ton less than other planets, with only random fire mooks and the like existing on various lava planets, etc).

But where's the proof that it effected the entire universe. Because I missed that part and I havent played it since launch (didnt play the dlc so maybe because of that?), if that's true then honestly who gives a shit, the difference is probably only within a few times of the calc, and at such a high number, that difference aint really gonna matter.

Although you still need to calc Mt.dedede regardless.

I read what you said and I apologize if my response made it seem like I didn't I was just trying to point out that the population difference from a normal planet shouldn't be far off due to my stated reasons.

here it says that that they were scattered across the universe and I talk in my calc about the thoroughness of it and how many hearts are to be expected to land on each planet.

I can see your concern about Mt. Dedede but honestly most other calcs I see just use a real life counterpart with a similar description for these things like I did. And calculating it's size would be tricky due to likely inconsistent scaling in its depictions. However if Cal/Efi agree it needs to be done then I'd make my best attempt at it. I'm still waiting for more input from them.

Ok. Wasnt directed at you but ok, fair enough I guess.

Fair enough, although you could calc how many fragments there were. Was it ever stated or shown? Although it could be like the shikon jewel shit where something small splits into a metric fuckton of pieces to the point if you added em all up it would end up way larger than it started. (I havent thought of that show in years, i really dont know why that was my first thought but it was).

The issue is we can actually scale Mt.dedede (plus most calcs pick the minimum or some comparable example, you picked Mt. Olympus, on the notion that it had multiple peaks and because someone strong lived atop it, much smaller mountains along with larger mountains do exist with multiple peaks and the latter point aint even a point. But mostly because you can actually kinda just calc it, it may end up larger, it may end up smaller depending how you calc idk, I just know it is definitly doable. )

Actually I did mention how many fragments were shown. In my updated results section I mentioned that in the cutscene 16 hearts are seen entering Popstar's atmosphere 12 of which being the Jamba hearts in question which I used for the calc so you don't need to worry about that.

fair enough but I'd still like to wait for Cal's/Efi's opinion on the matter before I do an entirely new calculation.

No I mean, when the Jamba heart splits apart, dont we actually see it split?

You dont really need to do an entire calculation, if the planet and the organism count is fine. Only need to find Mt.Dedede and then apply the size of that instead.

Aint Dedede like 2ft? If you scale the inside of his castle like in the mario world castle lift calc it should end up decently big. Or you can use Adeline or Kirby's larger sizes like him next to cars in 64 on shiver star for a high end.

I actually cant read those scans, the text to small so gonna take your word on whatever it is you're talking about.

Another reason I chose Mt. Olympus was due to being smaller than most famous mountain like Everest and Fuji and judging by the relative size of the castle on top Mt. Dedede would likely fit the description.

So we should already fit the "relatively small" criteria.

Mt. Olympus aint small by any means and using two of the largest mountains on the planet as why it aint big aint exactly a good reason.

I said relatively small and it is compared to most famous mountains (smaller by a long shot for the 2 I mentioned) and Mt. Dedede is as far as I'm aware the only notable mountain on planet Popstar so going with a relatively small famous mountain for comparison seemed like the best idea.

Those mountains are famous because they're absolutely huge.

Use an average size for a mountain.

Or calc it.

Also I dont think it's the largest by any means, the mountains we see in the backgrounds seem a quite bit bigger given the horizon line.

I respect your opinion but I would also like more opinions on the matter before doing it as so far you are the only one expressing this sentiment however if the consensus requires it be changed then I will do so.

But, that's litterally the general assumption. But the fact that you ca calc it means that we dont use an assumption. You use what it actually is.

Finding the size by comparing it to known sizes would likely need pixel measurements which I don't have easy access to being restricted to mobile and all so I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of doing that and have it turn out that Cal/Efi find that my original estimate was reasonable already. So again I will wait for their opinion.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...tency_of_Void_Termina’s_mind_Hax#comm-3480850

So, new comments. Once again I agree that the mountain should be considered smaller, Popstar may be very large but the structures in it aren't given that they scale to mostly guys less than a meter tall. Most living beings in Kirby have intelligence and can talk, yes, but since Gordo has the intelligence of an animal we need to assume that there has to be more beings like them. Yes, even when that's not the case for everyone else.

I have responded to said comments and for Gordo I feel like what we have on the guys intelligence doesn't really automatically show it to be animalistic and even if it dose the creatures shown with good intelligence should still keep my low mid and high estimates where there at (all of them account for tons of non sentient life and this is part of the reason my mid estimate is my favorite as I think it dose the best at that.)

Also if you still think it needs to be smaller what should it be? I've considered using the worlds smallest mountain range Sutter Buttes which would reduce the result by a factor of a bit over 5. Would that work or do you have something else in mind?

Actually pixel scaling the mountain or dedede's castle?

Back