• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bruno fights another hitman, The Unbelievable Gwenpool!

The power of comics vs the power of zippers

The fight takes place in a random bank.

Gwenpool: 5 (Paulo.junior.969, ChosenOrDeath, Zark2099, Ev3rjojo, Mr. Common Sense)

Bruno Buccellati: 8 (TacticalNuke002, Iapitus The Impaler, Eficiente, Anttron224, Arrogant Schmuck, DragonEmperor23, Jackythejack, IvoryAS)

Inconclusive:

Rules:

This is Post-Awakening Gwenpool with all weapons restricted.

In-character, but both are serious about winning.

Win by whatever they would do in-character to win.

No prior knowledge

Speed equalized.

Standard Battle Assumptions everything else.

Who wins?

I'm not sure if Gwenpool can see Sticky Fingers, she can see ghosts, but stands are the soul of the user, not really ghosts. Does SBA allow people who can see ghosts see stands?

Gwenpool should likely take this, I guess; the Probability hax can make Bucciarati conveniently miss when he tries to incapacitate her with zippers, and while she can't harm him, she could just teleport near him and throw him at Gutter Space.

@Iapitus The Impaler Is there any reason why Gwenpool's probability hax wouldn't affect Stinky Fingers?

Cuz it's supposed to be that only stands can effect stands, or in this case, you need the ability to effect the incorporeal to effect a stand. So, now begs the question, has she effected an immaterial being with her probability manip?

Oh boy, now we get to play the game of who'd Burden of proof it is. There are characters in Jojo that have probability manipulation and supernatural luck, but the statement still carrys, and presumably they would not be able to effect stands without it

Actually, now that I think about it. Pocoloco's probability manip (that doesnt come from his stand) didnt work on Johnny and Gyro in the canyon scene. Even his stand that functions as a gauge for his supernatural luck was surprised. So I guess that is an example

I am on mobile cuz I'm on vacation, so I cannot currently link it sadly

Johnny and Gyro aren't Stands, they're humans who have Stands; this might sound like splitting hairs, but for the luck to have failed due to the "only Stands can effect Stands", it would have to work on them but fail to affect their Stands (and no, the "only Stands can effect Stands" would not protect the user as well, as seen when Stand users can be damaged by bullets and other common weapons).

https://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/SBR_Extra_Chapter_3

1. Stands move and act in function to their Users' command;
  2. A Stand can only be attacked by another Stand.
  3. When a Stand is hurt, the User receives a wound of equivalent gravity.
  4. When the User dies, the Stand disappears with him.
  5. Thus when a Stand is destroyed, the User dies with it.
  6. The strength and/or precision of a Stand is inversely proportional to the distance between it and its user.
  7. Therefore there are such things as "smart" or "stupid" ways to use one's Stand.
  8. Stand Power is inherited.
  9. A Stand User will only have one Stand.
  10. Depending on the personality of the User, a Stand can develop.
Stands are needed to damage stands, but it's never stated they can't be affected by outside influences.

@Spartan

Nope, there is a straight up s statement that stands can only be effected by other stands. I'm gonna be on mobile for the next week but let me see if I can find it later.

Also the jojo wiki is inaccurate as ****, go with Jojo's Colored Adventure and the translators they use for accurate translations

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Johnny and Gyro aren't Stands, they're humans who have Stands; this might sound like splitting hairs, but for the luck to have failed due to the "only Stands can effect Stands", it would have to work on them but fail to affect their Stands (and no, the "only Stands can effect Stands" would not protect the user as well, as seen when Stand users can be damaged by bullets and other common weapons).
The luck failed due to their stand technique tho. That's what I was focusing on

If the luck put them on a bad sittuation and they use their Stands to escape, then this means the probability was targeting them, not their Stands, and even if it really was targeting their Stands and failed, you would still have to go make a CRT to add "Resistance to Probability Manipulation" to pretty much every Stand user's page.

Gwenpool's Probability Manipulation is a passive, not active ability. It doesn't pick and choose its targets, it simply applies to things around her.

Not really. It's a property of stands that things that cannot effect the non corporeal or a stand cannot effect them. That policy change already went through

Yeah, Stands are protected from anything that can't affect Non-Corporeals, which is why it is a good thing for Gwen that Probability Hax can affect Non-Corporeals, because Non-Corporeality does not grant resistance to Probability hax.

Yes, she got beaten by Spider-Man once and I think she almost lost to Thor (unless I'm remembering it wrong); her powers are pretty inconsistent, since she's a comedy character.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Yeah, Stands are protected from anything that can't affect Non-Corporeals, which is why it is a good thing for Gwen that Probability Hax can affect Non-Corporeals, because Non-Corporeality does not grant resistance to Probability hax.
Has she ever effected a non corporeal with her hax? It is an excepted policy that only stands and things that has shown to effect non corporeals, can effect stands (other than higher dimensional of course).

Back