• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Diavolo takes on the power of comics, the Unbelievable Gwenpool! (Grace)

She used Gutter Space immediately here. Against some people of her own tier when she knew they were adversaries.

Saves her past self via teleportation

Decides to teleport again immediately afterward

Stated by Miles Morales, she would leave to Gutter Space when people started to go after her. In Versus Threads, it's assumed that the characters at least know that the other character is an enemy. It's entirely in character for Gwenpool to be cowardly/smart and immediately run to safety in Gutter Space when she knows someone is out to get her or kill her.

Edit: Another instance. Gwenpool instinctively used Gutter Space to get out of a locked cell

@Spartan Ok buddy I'm gonna have to ask you to change that attitude of yours. You first mentioned my bias against Gwenpool which I mentioned on a different thread with other context due to who she was fighting. And now you mentioned how I said this was a stomp early in the thread even though I literally said that I re-evaluated this, and even without that, opinions change.

Diavolo can only spam time erase so much because it drains stamina. Risotto Nero damaged Doppio quite a bit despite the latter having King Crimson.

There's also the silly option of Gwenpool running to a period of time when Diavolo is sleeping and attacking him then like ChosenOrDeath suggested in the Bruno thread lol.

Doppio only uses Epitaph though. Doppio never had the full permission to use all of King Crimson's abilities. And Epitaph's precog wasn't helping much because Risotto's attacks are kinda unavoidable.

Spartan1204 said:
Diavolo can only spam time erase so much because it drains stamina.
This is a headcanon that comes from JoJo videos made by fans, it's never stated or suggested. Even if this were a thing, Diavolo still goes for the kill quickly.

Ah Grace. I would prefer if people using FRA would state whose reasons they're citing, but whatever.

@Eficiente What was the closest two uses of Time Erasure Diavolo has used. If Diavolo could be in permanent erased time, he would. There are periods of time when Diavolo isn't in erased time. Why else would Diavolo not immediately use Time Erasure after the previous one ends other then stamina?

I thought this match up would be a close one like the Bruno one, but I guess Diavolo trumps pocket dimension users.

Eh, idk. I think that Gwenpool is such an underused character that we cannot properly scale her hax to anyone (except for like, Doom and Miles), so her feats seem either ill defined at best.

Honestly, I think her protagonist plot hax alone would be enough to never die if she had feats which could compare to other characters.

In Jojo, protagonists die. And there's only so much you can stretch her weak-ass plot manip before someone calls NLF on you. Especially against people who use hax that she doesn't resist and fight at close quarters, where her plot hax isn't as effective.

Well, the point being we haven't seen a limit either. I know what I'm saying is NLF, but NLF arguments are a result of characters not having definite scaling or induced stupidity. Her melee plot hax worked on Trapster, who has Low 7-C AP and experience comparable to Spider-Man and Fantastic Four, and CIS inducement worked to a degree on Deadpool, also at melee range. Also, her plot hax work on Marvel logic, not Jojo logic. She just has really poor scaling tbh.

Paste Pot Pete (I prefer this over Trapster lmao) is neither a melee fighter, nor does he have any business being in Low 7-C. Only his glue can restrain people like Spider Man and that's about it.

@Eficiente I like that you don't comment at all about Gwenpool immediately using Gutter Space after I gave you panels.

I did. I said that 2 instances weren't remotely enough, especially against someone she knows. You can't really compare Doom to some random person.

Those weren't my instances, those were Ev3rjojo's.

Also there are points where Diavolo doesn't immediately use Time Erase. In both fights against Polnareff, Diavolo waited a bit before using Time Erase. The first fight he beat up Polnareff a bit before finally using Time Erase. The second fight, he talked a bit before running and using Time Erase.

In the first one we don't know why was he damaged, there is no reason to say he did or didn't use Time Erase, what we do know of that fight is useful on Diavolo's mindset, wanting to kill others as soon as they see his Stand. In the other they were both were outside of each other's range, and Diavolo used that immediately.

I just told you Diavolo didn't use it immediately in the second one.

Also it's assumed that the two opponents at least know they're there to kill each other. Gwenpool would run away from Diavolo at the beginning of the match because she in the very least knows that he wants to kill her.

Waste time talking is a weakness even Gwenpool has.

Claims, before it was "she immediately goes inside Gutter Space", now she runs away. Prove she does that IC in a battle to the point where it is relevant here.

I guess you admit that you in fact didn't read my previous comment.

She goes into Gutter Space either way lol. You want to treat Doom as special case, fine, here are times for Gwenpool immediately using Gutter Space for different reasons.

She used Gutter Space immediately here to run away when she knew they were adversaries.

Stated by Miles Morales, she would leave to Gutter Space when people started to go after her. It's entirely in character for Gwenpool to be cowardly/smart and immediately run to safety in Gutter Space when she knows someone is out to get her or kill her.

Which one, the one I replied?

She's not going to just escape here. Your idea is saying that she would use that to benefit herself in combat, starting the battle with that. You need to prove that.

The one where I provided panels earlier in the thread.

Gwenpool sees a guy 20 meters away that she knows wants to kill her that starts running toward to get her within his range. Here's how it would go.

Except she would enter Gutter Space faster than the provided examples because we're using Adult Gwen.

Literally an example for the situation you're asking for.

You miss the "to benefit herself in combat" part, she's just escaping there.

If running away and entering Gutter Space and later figuring out a way to beat Diavolo isn't combat applicable then you're simply being stubborn.

Characters don't win via users making up new strategies they have never or rarely used and saying they would use that in a vsthread. You just need to prove the "later figuring out a way to beat" someone part, with that being part of the fight she's in, and not, say, something she did much later.

Sorry for not making you the favor of believing you, I prefer to check the evidence.

You haven't provided a single Diavolo panel throughout this thread.

I provided the times she's used Gutter Space immediately, either to run away shown by example and stated in verse by Miles Morales, or out of convenience, like to escape a cell. You simply don't accept any of it.

For figuring stuff out, Gwen spends half a chapter showing off that Gutter Space can recover and update her knowledge before she returns to the world. Evil Gwen then reinforces she's used it to navigate the truths of comic reality

"I prefer to check the evidence." You prefer to deny evidence. I've shown you multiple instances of in-character moments of when Gwenpool would use Gutter Space and for what purpose. "Well she's never specifically used it in a fight", Sad Larry has never been in a fight period, yet he beat Thunder McQueen. "Sad Larry has never been in a fight, so it's unknown if he will be sad in a fight." That's the kind of logic you're going by. A lot of vs thread hypotheticals deal with induction, considering how much you've dedicated yourself to this wiki, you probably know that.

A lot of the examples I showed are general and multi-purpose, she's running away from people that are after her or she's finds something inconvenient, things that can and will happen in a fight.

What's the point of the first sentence? Ignoring how I was the one who put all the galleries on Diavolo's profile for evidence and how the profile itself says the same I did about him, if you have any problem with something said about him you could have said that instead of the fact that I didn't precented any panel. And even then, those who know him know he what he does in combat.

That's like showing someone using teleportation to escape and say that it is the same as that person using it in combat.

The first one is just her being there. The other is her saying she did that off-panel while first physically fighting someone and then entering there.

Same as the second paragraph, as well as some of my ignored comments. As for the last thing, it's kind of redundant, the point for those who voted Diavolo is "it's more likely that she doesn't immediately do this", which has what difference with what you said?

That's useful. To clarify, she could start with that, that's definitely a possibility, I just see more likely for her to start with melee attacks, or maybe guns.

"And even then, those who know him know he what he does in combat." Same applies to Gwenpool.

"Ignoring how I was the one who put all the galleries on Diavolo's profile for evidence and how the profile itself says the same I did about him" So? Other users have contributed way more to Diavolo's page than you, especially for panels, I wrote almost all of Gwenpool's page.

You want me to be specific, show me Time Erase doesn't cost stamina and tell me why you act like Diavolo can immediately spam Time Erase because there are moments where Diavolo is in fact vulnerable immediately after using Time Erase.

"That's useful. To clarify, she could start with that, that's definitely a possibility, I just see more likely for her to start with melee attacks, or maybe guns." This is very out of character post awakening, post awakening she has four fights, all of them used Gutter Space. Three of them were BFR and the fourth one involved dropping objects out of Gutter Space.

TacticalNuke002's reasoning is better Gwenpool possibly getting killed trying to BFR Diavolo because it actually considers Gwenpool in character.

What a failure in communication, then.

This ignores the context of the comment, I give myself an idea of why.

The person who made the claim would be the one required to prove it, prove Time Erase costs stamina in a relevant way. Why spam? And what "immediately spam" has to do with being vulnerable immediately after using it? Pol used a method to detect the Time Erase, using it against anyone without that leaves them confused or without noticing any change, which he uses to attack. What is supposed to be the weakness here?

Could you show those fights? It doesn't look like the BFR would be a problem, the other could be.

You claim Diavolo goes for the kill quickly as if it was a rebuttal to his limited Time Erasure. How does Diavolo going for the kill nullify the fact that his Time Erase has restrictions? The two opponents start 20 meters away, Diavolo has to run towards Gwenpool and can only use Time Erase for 10 seconds. Either way Diavolo has to move to do something does he not?

"Could you show those fights? It doesn't look like the BFR would be a problem, the other could be." Jesus, have you even taken a look at her profile?

Snakes removed

Paste Pot Pete removed

Doctor Doom removed

Security Guard hit by bag of gold thrown earlier

TacticalNuke002 said:
I myself can run 20 metres in around 3 seconds, so...
That's not what the focus of my comment was about. At what range does Diavolo prefer to activate his Stand?

At close range. He closes the distance quickly and positions himself for a destructive punch that one-shots 8-Cs. GP's dura is 9-C, so she gets oneshotted even harder.

Back