• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

No, this is my story (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going with Gwen, since she starts out believing she is the protagonist, she has probability manipulation. That probability manip could make Joji not believe in Beyond and then get his ass plot manip handed.

Gwenpool's hax is insane though. And I don't know how far Joji's plot manip goes, but odds are Gwen's plot hax is far greater. Joji's powers may simply not work, so I vote Gwen.

Also, as for that earlier incon vote, their plot hax abilities absolutely do not cancel each other out, so that vote should be nullified.

Beyond's power is basically 'your reality's a story to me!' which is moreso just very high-tier reality warping as opposed to Gwenpool's literal 'I am not a comic character'.

Whether the reason is wrong or not isn't to be judged by another voter. I'll be giving time for that user to expand his reasoning and vote on their own.

Also, realize that Gwen's plot manipulation while effective, only work to keep her alive, she can still be KO'd, BFR'd or Incap'd, not guarantee wins, and she'd still have to take out Joji physically I assume using those hax.

Anyhow, vote counted.

While the Beyond is a sort of meta entity in the story, its power isn't specifically that it views reality as a story, nor is it very high tier reality warping.

The Beyond acts as a sort of in universe version of the plot, ensuring that its favoured "main characters" always win eventually. The key word being eventually. Joji has High 2-A plothax through the Beyond, but it never simply hands him the win.

If Joji is in his second key then he will start the match believing in The Beyond, meaning I don't see the probability manip preventing him from believing this, as Joji's own plothax will counter that.

I don't know exactly how great Gwen's plothax is, but I see the match being an incon via The Beyond ensuring Joji doesn't lose, but Gwen's plothax ensuring that she doesn't lose either.

The only thing I see changing that is if Gwen's plothax is a higher tier than Joji's.

Gwen's plothax is wayyy higher than Joji's, and that's the only reaosn as to why you guys are voting incon, it seems.

Not reallly... can you give a single reason why Gwen's plothax higher than Joji's

It seems to have a scale and effect greater than Beyond's power since all of marvel is a literal fiction for her; she's even considered omniscient within the realm. With the description of the Beyond above, it's still just an entity within the plot that is the plot, while Gwenpool is beyond that.

No, Marvel isn't "fiction" to her like that, she is still very strictly bound by plot, where does it says she transcends it?

Her entire first series was her trying to be a relevant character so her comic series isn't cancelled, and even at that, she fails it. She is very bound by the plot, to the point she cannot defeat extremely mainstream characters like Deadpool and Doctor Doom because the plot won't literally allow an obscure rando like her to defeat them

Marvel is 100% fiction to her-she literally comes from a universe that has Marvel be just fiction, to start with.

Second off, we're going with her Awakened key, which doesn't take place within her first series. And she's not bound by the plot at all-in fact, Gwenpool has been shown to perfectly control and create it (e.g. the incident where she started a huge superhero war).

Um, the universe she's from is literally a part of the Marvel Multiverse. Strange can affect it, as shown when he erases her existence from it. Doctor Doom calls the fourth wall breaks she does "her way of perceiving reality" and even he controls it by the end, so is like, Marvel fiction for Doctor Doom? No. She isn't transcending anything. That's her perception.

Ha no. It kicks in after the brother's arc, where she can access the gutter space. That's what the post-awakening key is. We don't use future Gwen's stuff as it's not feats shown by her. Same reason we don't use adult Franklin to scale Kid Franklin

Also, yes she is bound by the plot. I can literally give you 5 different scans of her whining that the plot is roping her in for something and she has no control over it. Hell, even in the example you said, that's an alternate version of her, whose feats we never consider. Just because in one universe Spider-Man is High 8-C, doesn't mean he is such in every other one

Actual canon Gwenpool's biggest feat is her locking herself up in Gutter Space to negate her death in an event, but that's it I reckon

Nothing about that says she did in fact get Eternity on Hydra's side, it justs says that one day he will be on their side which isnt a useable feat to my knowledge since theres nothing proving shes capable of this and it isnt just Hyperbole or overstating things.

PlotInducedStupidity said:
While the Beyond is a sort of meta entity in the story, its power isn't specifically that it views reality as a story, nor is it very high tier reality warping.

The Beyond acts as a sort of in universe version of the plot, ensuring that its favoured "main characters" always win eventually. The key word being eventually. Joji has High 2-A plothax through the Beyond, but it never simply hands him the win.

If Joji is in his second key then he will start the match believing in The Beyond, meaning I don't see the probability manip preventing him from believing this, as Joji's own plothax will counter that.
And Gwenpool's is restricted, why again?

Gwenpool shouldn't have it in the first place, the Eternity feat is from an alternate future, it is something Gwen can potentially do, but nothing suggests it is possible in the state she is at currently.

Anyhow, grace over, I'll be adding the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back