• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The President of the United States fights the one who can move between comic panels (Grace)

The fight takes place in a random bank.

Gwenpool: 2 (Duedate8898, Ev3rjojo)

Funny Valentine: 9 (Nich279, Demon Takumo 31, Paul Frank, IvoryAS, TacticalNuke002, Ionliosite, Iapitus The Impaler, ThePixelKirby, Starter Pack)

Inconclusive: 1 (Zark2099)

Rules:

This is Post-Awakening Gwenpool with Magic Rocket Launcher restricted. Funny Valentine with Love Train.

In-character, but both are serious about winning.

Win by whatever they would do in-character to win.

No prior knowledge

Speed equalized.

Starting distance: 20 meters

Standard Battle Assumptions everything else.

Who wins?

Valentine often leads with D4C's ability to obliterate a target by forcing them to come in contact with one of their counterparts, resulting in both of them being turned into Menger Sponges before being completely destroyed. So that kills GP.

A barrage of kicks or body blows from a Massively FTL D4C. That kills GP.

With Love Train, Valentine just needs to scratch DP's body once and he can do some serious damage to her heart or any other important internal organ. That kills GP.

I'm going with Valentine on this one. I do think he can escape the Gutter Space BFR with D4C and just deflect "misfortune" to other places and attract good fortune with D4C Love Trai.

Couldn't Gwenpool enter Gutter Space and find out about Love Train's weakness and how D4C works, like not going near any alternate universe version of herself. Gwenpool can shoot her blasters at Funny Valentine in Gutter Space from multiple angles. She can make Funny Valentine unconscious by summoning a past version of him, like pre-D4C Funny Valentine.

Any blaster shot gets redirected just like all other misfortune

The objects are drawn towards each other I'm pretty sure

But if Gwenpool takes advantage of Lucy Steel to bypass Love Train, the blaster shots would be able to hit Valentine in that case.

╠ÂS╠Âi╠Ât╠Ât╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Âw╠Âa╠Âi╠Ât╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âf╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠Âr╠Âe╠Âa╠Âs╠Âo╠Ân╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âw╠Âo╠Âr╠Âk╠Âs╠ ╠Âo╠Ân╠Âc╠Âe╠ ╠Âa╠Âg╠Âa╠Âi╠Ân╠Â!╠Â

D4C day FRA

Massively FTL+ Barrage referenced gets cancelled out of speed equalization.

Still don't get how does one escape from a place outside of space-time like Gutter Space by "deflecting misfortune", since GS BFR isn't lethal or harming in any way, and characters return with little to no repercussion anyway. It's speculative to assume so.

Gwen also has Time travel and precog, so she can catch Valentine when he isn't noticing so she can oneshot with swords or blasters, at the time where Funny doesn't expect it.

It's an inconclusive match as both have an equal chance of one shotting each other. Voting incon

P.S. It's getting really annoying that literally no one even mentions perception and time travel in any of her matches even though she is extremely likely to do so anyway

Love train is passive to you can't catch him off guard

Love train would more prevent him from being bfrd in the first place he would escape with d4c if he was brought in somehow though

Valentine doesn't lead with smashing you into alternative reality version of yourself when using Love Train, most likely due to having to abandon the effects of Love Train when doing so. He never even attempted it when he was in close range with Johnny and Gyro, he, in fact, tried to chop both of them never attempting to drag them into another world or get an alternative version of them.

So I vote for Gwen.

I think that Gwen would most likely win this battle since she would still very much believe herself the main character, with Plot Manipulation beating Luck Manipulation, since manipulating the plot is on a whole other level in comparison to misfortune. And a single slip up on Valentine's part would leave him susceptible to any one of Gwen's BFR abilities or a swift knock out from Gwen.

Even if you want to say that valentine won't lead with turning her into merger sponges you really didn't explain how she bypasses love train still

@Paul Frank

As long as Gwen believes she is the main character, there will be passive manipulation over the battle to make it end in her favor. This ability is akin to plot and probability manipulation, which should be considered superior to luck manipulation which is to be Valentines biggest strength in this battle. Literally anything could occur to make this battle go in Gwen's favor, so I don't see a point in me coming up with one. Though if you really want one, I will provide.

The Menger Sponge effect does not work with people who can meet its own alternative reality versions, which likely applies to Gwen. That said Valentine wouldn't even use that here.

@Duedate They informed me that this is not how her probability hax works, can you prove your claims?

Who is they? And I'll need a bit, shifting through all her comics takes a while.

Let's say that deflecting misfortune doesn't work cuz Plot Manipulation.

If you take away Love Train I'm pretty sure it's inconclusive. If Valentine hits her with a barrage she's dead cuz every single blunt/scratch will travel directly into her heart, killing her. If Gwenpool fires her blasters (or any weapon that has an AP thats higher than Valentine's Durability) that kills him.

However, I do think that if Valentine immediately jumps in for a melee fight and Gwen reacts with her katanas, she loses. D4C is invisible to Gwen and can easily block or deflect a Street Level attack from a katana, thus leading to a fatal barrage of kicks/punches.

My vote still goes for Valentine. I still think Gwen's Plot Manipulation would not interfere with Love Train.

How does a barrage work in speed equalization? It's a series of regular uncoordinated punches, which Gwen has enough training to dodge somewhat effectively. Also, range spam is a viable stratergy as well. It is unclear whether plot manipulation will cancel out love train or not. Voting inconclusive is an option as well

Gwen can't dodge the barrage because she can't really see the barrage. D4C is a Stand and Gwen can't see it because she isn't a Stand user.

She sees ghosts very early in her comics, the barrage still has high attack speed tho.

I mean, Gwen can oneshot anyway, since range is 20 metres, speed equalized and stands have a range 2m, and its base 10A versus 9B. Plot hax and probability hax combiend are likely to induce some PIS so that the shot connects at that range maybe.

Also, melee is unlikely since Gwenpool isn't a fighter anyways. She will either range spam or GS hax.

Back