• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broly Spoilers for Dragon Ball Movie.

Well, since Goku is supposed to be 'as pure a saiyan' as Broly, it probably wouldn't change much, i'd say it's more Broly's life that make the difference between him and Goku's growing rate than his body, that's death world look way a weird combinaison of more peacefull and more dangerous than earth after all and Paragus is a stronger mentor than Goku ever had except Whis.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Base Gogeta= Above Max of Goku and Vegeta by 20x to 90x

SS Gogeta= 40x that... So minimum of 800x to 3600x

SSJ Broly is comparable to SS Gogeta after rage boosts... And forces him to go SSB, and even still wasn't extremely casual then, it was a fight. The difference between SS2 to SSG is a minimum of 100x.

Yeah...
Actually tens of times means 20-100x not 20-90x and SS1 is accepted as 40x on this site instead of 50x.

So SS1 Gogeta is at minimum 800x and maximum 4000x

Peter1129 said:
The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Base Gogeta= Above Max of Goku and Vegeta by 20x to 90x

SS Gogeta= 40x that... So minimum of 800x to 3600x

SSJ Broly is comparable to SS Gogeta after rage boosts... And forces him to go SSB, and even still wasn't extremely casual then, it was a fight. The difference between SS2 to SSG is a minimum of 100x.

Yeah...
Actually tens of times means 20-100x not 20-90x and SS1 is accepted as 40x on this site instead of 50x.
So SS1 Gogeta is at minimum 800x and maximum 4000x
I litteraly never saw the '40X' thing, all the official source state 50x and no one is against it here as far as i know.

Hell, technicaly this site doesn't accept the SSJ multiplier at all apparently.

So minimum 1000x and maximum 5000x make more sense.

@Dragmeer Oh... I just use 40x just in-case. I also thought him getting a God transformation adding w/ Black's evolution abilities would be OP as crap.

@Peter thank you for the cirrection. I personally believe if Gogeta went through each transformation then Blue... Due to Broly's quick power ups, he would have been defeated.

@Light Agreed... Imagine Goku Black's adaptation w/ Broly's power ups... A true threat to behold.

Goku Black: Goes from SS3 Lvl to SSB lvl in one fight.

Broly: Goes from SS1 Lvl to SSB lvl in one fight.

Add them together and you get Broly Black who will probably be so ridiculous he goes from Base Lvl to SSBKK Lvl in one fight.

@Dragomer SS1 is accepted as 40x due to being comparable to 100% Frieza who is 2x 50% Frieza who is = KKx20. I don't really remember why 50x wasn't accepted but that's how SS1 will be treated here.

Peter1129 said:
@Dragomer SS1 is accepted as 40x due to being comparable to 100% Frieza who is 2x 50% Frieza who is = KKx20. I don't really remember why 50x wasn't accepted but that's how SS1 will be treated here.
Meh, seems like a lot of mental gymnastic and calculation just to avoid a direct official statement about it being 50x, even Toriyama said that while he was thinking of it as a 10x when writing it, it ended up as a 50x.

@Kep

If I have two similar cars which are equally fast, but one of them is in good condition and has a full fuel tank and the second one takes a lot of time to start and is very low on fuel, I'll obviously pick the first car to reach my destination. Now if some guy like Vegeta breaks my car, I'll not be like- "Oh! It doesn't matter I'll just take my second inferior car which will most likely not get me to my destination on time." I'll be upset and say- "Why did you break my car, I needed that car. That car was my only chance to reach my destination on time."

In no way does this statement make the second car slower than the first. Same case with Vegeta and Goku's statement.

Obviously according to Vegeta they didn't need the potara anymore because according to him, they will return Buuhan into Super Buu by rescuing everyone and Gohan is very much capable of dealing with Super Buu. And surely Goku's reaction was justified because according to him, if they failed they'll still need to fuse and Vegeta broke the easiest and sure shot chance of them doing it. There is no power comparison involved here. Goku didn't say Dance was weaker, but Potara was the only viable option available because the Dance was just next to impossible to pull off. He knows about the dance and how difficult it is to learn and perfect, which makes it absolutely impractical in a sitation where they were rushed. I don't know how you're only seeing what you want to see, despite that being so wrong.

And after everything is said and done, they returned Buuhan to Super Buu but Gohan was not awake and both Saiyans were still no match for Super Buu, the only option left, however impractical or next to impossible, was to try the dance. Again, if Vegeta broke my first car, then at last, it's better to take my second car despite there being next to no chance of success, instead of walking on my feet which provides me with absolutely 0% success rate.

Sorry, but you're bringing nothing new to the table and I feel like I'm repeating myself over and over again. It's clear that you're unwilling to listen to anything which goes against your idea of "Potara > Dance". Therefore, I can't continue this deabte anymore, unless you have a clear cut statement from the DB canon which directly states Potara is "stronger" than Dance.

Should I make the new profiles and apply the relevant changes to existing ones now?

ZERO7772 said:
Ant already approved it but I say we wait a little more.
We'll have to wait another month for the english release lol, plus I don't see the point of waiting now that the movie is officially out.

@AnimeFanboy Just the ones that we already know of.

I said this on the other discussion thread, but I wanna get as many opinions as possible: Anyone else think that the best way to approach this movie is to think of Broly as the main protagonist? I mean, he is the title character, but also because it will bring back that sense of tension that this movie might not have if we root for Goku and Vegeta like always

Kepekley23 said:
You're right - this "debate" is utterly pointless. Lol.
What do you think about making the profiles though? Should we go ahead and apply the new changes or should we wait for the english release?

Do we have a subbed version yet or are we still relying on spoilers from those who watched the exclusive release?

There is leak scenes already of the movie if anyone want to see it.

@AKM-sma I am just saying wait until we have full renders for Gogeta at least.

Relying on spoilers, but I've analysed three detailed spoilers and all of them are essentially the same so I guess they should be reliable. I don't know of any subbed version yet.

Waiting on leaks on Gogeta and Frieza...I have seen a clip of SS Broly wailing on base Frieza the very instant they start fighting so if he does that for an hour yet stomped Goku and Vegeta into base...well, I would assume Frieza should be scaled to Low 2-C. Hopefully he isn't getting completely destroyed by the end of the hour long fight.

He is mobile at the end apparently so he can't have been beaten THAT badly.

IIRC they even have to wait a certain period of time before fusing again, so it's probably more than an hour. Poor Frieza.

EDIT: Nah, it's just 30 minutes until they defuse. So it's just one hour for Frieza. Still, poor Frieza

inb4 some BS scaling and interviews cause Frieza to be scaled to 2-A because of Beerus and Broly statements suddenly putting them there. That would be the biggest asspull in DB history.

CryoTheMayo said:
inb4 some BS scaling and interviews cause Frieza to be scaled to 2-A because of Beerus and Broly statements suddenly putting them there. That would be the biggest asspull in DB history.
Meh, that would just mean we missinterpreted previous stuff, like Goku and Beerus's shockwave feat actualy risking destroying the universe at every point of time rather than destroying the matter of it and Zamasu having fused with way more timeline than what was directly shown before being destroyed.

We'd just need to high ball everything that was previously discarded as unlikely and it would work, DB is just vague enough for that kind of stuff to not be a big probleme.

when exactly are we making pages? i think we should make them now.....db pages are always the most viewed pages here and people are crazy for gogeta and broly.....i say pages should be made because many visitors will be attracted to this site......next month will be too late and all the hype will die down

HrishikeshM said:
when exactly are we making pages? i think we should make them now.....db pages are always the most viewed pages here and people are crazy for gogeta and broly.....i say pages should be made because many visitors will be attracted to this site......next month will be too late and all the hype will die dow
Probably once the movie has a semi reliable fansub.

Was it mentioned in the movie that Frieza got any stronger? If Goku and Vgeta had to run away from Broly after few min of fighting, it doesn't make sense for Frieza to survive him for a whole hour.

I heard Vegeta discussed with Goku at the beginning of the movie about that Frieza might become a threat since he can get stronger.

Don't you dare question my boi Freeza's latent potential. He was a child without training when he blew up a whole planet with warrior race upon it yielding Dwarf Star level result. He trained for 4 months and became universal. He did nothing but sat around imagining things and became at least 10 times stronger and survived an attack from a Hakaishin candidate which warped an infinite dimension.

He'll soon surpass those filthy monkeys

ZERO7772 said:
Was it mentioned in the movie that Frieza got any stronger? If Goku and Vgeta had to run away from Broly after few min of fighting, it doesn't make sense for Frieza to survive him for a whole hour.
Well, from the spoilers, it doesn't seem like Broly has really realised it's Freezer who killed his father so he is probably less intent on killing him than he was with Goku and Vegeta.

Gohan's Potential >>>>>> All.

Go home, kiddo. Gohan should have been the hero of the Boo Saga, but Toriyama didn't want him to one shot Kid Boo.

Back