• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broly Spoilers for Dragon Ball Movie.

Given all the vague stuff that happens in the movie and all the stuff that got cut from Toriyama's script, i feel most of our info for the profile will come from the novel.

Oh I am...so very much OHOHOHO'ing right now. Frieza taking on somebody stronger than Jiren (and by proxy UIO Goku) for an hour is just delicious.

Just surviving that long is indeed very great, though some more info about the whole confrontation, potentially from the novel, could help smoothen things up further.

Well, I just read a post on 4chan. The poster claims that he has read the novel on 5ch and that it states Frieza has trained himself after the Tournament of Power. Assuming this is true it confirms that Frieza has in-fact put the effort in to become stronger.

There was an interview from quite a while back that said Frieza trained after the ToP. So this is nothing new.

I haven't seen this interview before so that's interesting to hear! Regardless, having the novel confirm it in-story is good to know.

Thinking about it now as it suddenly came to my head, I have to wonder what is Beerus' learning rate like. We know he's been super lazy for long as heck, but we have no clue about the pace a which he learns or adapts as he's always in a position of power.

I agree with SirLancelot, with what information we have, it just looks like Spatial Manipulation.

It's possible that he trains at a similar rate to Goku. Goku believed that he could never achieve the level of power of Super Saiyan God prior to absorbing its power whereas Beerus is that but countless times stronger. Beerus has been around for tens of millions of years so it's reasonable that he may have had to train himself to his current level (without a ritual to grant him God Ki or his power) with great difficulty. Granted, you would assume he would have access to some power-up technique and probably hasn't trained properly in a long time.

AKM sama said:
I agree with SirLancelot, with what information we have, it just looks like Spatial Manipulation.
Same honestly. I just finished watching the whole movie (under obvious bad quality).

I feel like we are being too literal with what Gogeta and Broly did. Not to downplay of course, since we're all just really hyped about the movie, but is there any chance what happened was just a really good animation effect to show off how good Gogeta and Broly were fighting? Nothing in the movie says anything about them shattering reality and Whis, who was watching the entire time, would have made a comment about them doing that if that was the case.

Of course, anything is possible, so the novel could still help alot but with Whis and no one else commenting about what they did in that instance makes me think the hype is getting to us too quickly.

Time to make a new thread. This thread will be closed automatically after 5-6 comments.

My understanding always was that he's supposed to not have mastered UI, but have some form of it. And as UI, for some reason that I will never understand and shall never ever agree with if there's any, acts like a transformation that super boosts power level massively, the supposed level of Beerus we know shouldn't be the ceiling. Of course, empty speculation but one can dream.

I'm not sure if people agree with me on this. But if what Freeza says about broly turns out to be just about ssj broly, then I got to say...

OK, let me say it like this. The movie failed MISERABLY at showcasing brolys might. The movie was great, but broly was not presented as mighty As he is hyped to be by statements in the movie and anywhere else.

Heck, we got a potential ssj broly > jiren in the novel and it surely doesnt feel that way.

Jiren had 10+ episodes to fight and show off, Broly's whole fight lasted 40 min at best, of course Jiren had more time to show off his might.

Gogeta completely destroying Broly near the end didn't help either, it's like if Jiren took the beatdown from UI Goku and never got up after it.

Back