• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broly Spoilers for Dragon Ball Movie.

LightinAnt said:
Great work done here, though i know its not the communities most preferable choice we should go for the official names for Broly's transformations that being "Wrathful" for the yellow eyed form and "Super Saiyan Full Power Broly" for the LSS form
I know about the "SSFPB" but what is the source for "Wrathful"?

Wrathful comes from Dokkan, the japanese name "Ikari" can be translated as wrath(literally) or fury too hence why it was named that way in DB Legends,

I think we can name it either way, but Oozaru power is not its official name

@Light Thanks for the SSJ Broly render.

@ZERO Yeah, that one looks dope

> No. Misinterpretation. They need to merge to win because they can't beat him alone. Goku's statement is the answer to Vegeta's statement that "they don't need to merge". Goku was just upset because Vegeta broke the sure shot way to victory. In no way does it establish Potara > Dance.

This is a made-up explanation that is in no way implied by the statement. Goku panicked because, as was blatantly stated in the quote without any way to spin it, the only way they wouldn't need to merge with the Potara (stated) would be if they reverted Boo back to the very first one of all (Fat Boo). That's a clear-cut statement.

Again, when Gohan Boo becomes Super Boo Goku brings up the Fusion Dance, but doesn't do so before and indisputably establishes that the only way they can win is the Potara, and that breaking it ruins the only sure win they have (because, as Goku stated, there is no guarantee they will be able to revert Boo back to the very first one of all)

This "easy way" thing is made-up and nowhere near suggested, and requires distorting clear statements to get a result. Therefore it's false.

No, it was the last option only because the potara was broke

No. The Dance is only mentioned after Super Boo returns to normal. Goku states they are still no match, but there is now one way they can win...the Fusion Dance. That happens while still inside Boo.

The only misinterpretation here is how Elder Kaioshin can indisputably and undebatably state that the effect of fusing with the Potara is greater than the effect of fusing with Metamoran, in a power context, and people can still somehow make up headcanon to deny it. Seriously.

So broly has been again stated to be the strongest opponent yet, by goku himself in another magazine. He has already like 4-5 statements saying the same thing. So it's becoming pretty clear who is stronger between jiren and broly.

Post retcon fusion dance = Potara

Broly > Jiren

We kind of memed broly into being hakaishin level or above.

What Magazine is this again? Ayy lamo fanboys refuse to acknowledge Saiko jump for some reason.

I can't find the translation sorry

So we've got one summary that says probably stronger than Beerus which means likely stronger than Beerus. Another summary that says might be stronger than Beerus which means possibly stronger than Beerus. Now the Light novel says Broly is likely/possibly stronger than Beerus depending on the context of ÒüƒÒüÂÒéô tabun.

What would be more in line with "tabun"? likely or probably?

Btw shouldn't we mention in Broly profile that he's stated stronger than Beerus

Based on the promotional material in the red ink : it definitely seems that Goku is referring to SSJ Broly / Oozaru Powered Broly ... Because he (singular) was only beaten up by SSJ Broly / Oozaru Power Broly. Gogeta was involved with fighting SSJ Broly and beyond,and clearly was not getting beaten up.

So... SSJ (not LSSJ) Broly > LB Jiren due to said spoilers. Then he has LSSJ. Then Gogeta stalemates and stomps him... Yeah... That is crazy.

>"Dude offhand comments about strength in a promotional magazine are not really applicable, its just some rando" and "Well we know for a fact Beerus has been surpassed as it has been said in a promotional magazine"

A certain infamous DB Youtuber

Didn't Seth once say something about Toei Broly being the strongest DBZ movie villain due to a single statement about Broly being the strongest while ignoring all previous statements about the DBZ movie villains?

In the promotional red ink text and such ... Yes.... Because Goku did not fight LSSJ Broly . Gogeta did. He also did not get beat up by LSSJ Broly... Which it stated that the form which beat them up is the strongest they've encountered... And Gogeta wasn't beaten up by SSJ or LSSJ Broly... Goku definitely was by SSJ Broly... He was dominated w/o pretty much any resistance.

@ZERO7772 Not really one of the earliest articles or magazine or whatever already said Goku is close to the lvl of the God of Destructions. So if Goku really was nearing the lvl of the GoDs at full power than it makes sense for SS1 Broly who was stronger than Base Gogeta to be stronger than Jiren due to fusion multiplier shenanigans.

Yeah... It does... But a lot better than Oozaru Broly. Especially considering it makes some sense since they literally '''fled''' from Broly because they couldn't do anything to him after he turned Super Saiyan... Unless fusion is involved.

Also, Vegeta is the 4th of his name, meaning that the first Vegeta is the great grandfather of the current Vegeta, it's also confirmed that the firstborn is always called Vegeta since the first Vegeta.

Why people keep downplaying SS Broly? It's mentioned in one of the summaries that he receive a rage boost making him on par with SS Gogeta before even going LSSJ

Broly is only outmatched once Gogeta hits SSB

Since SSBKK and SSBE does not exist in this movie, it means SSB was the peak of Gogeta's power and from some trailers Gogeta was actually trying in some scenes, it's not Buuhan level of beating at least I think

@ZERO TBQF This makes SSJ Broly more sense to be at least comparable to LB Jiren before LSSJ... Not to mention post-Gogeta zenkai

Goku = Close to GoD [ He would not be the weakest GoD either... And Anime doesn't portray Beerus as the strongest GoD ]

Vegeta= Comparable to Goku since they are stated to be rivals

Base Gogeta= Above Max of Goku and Vegeta by 20x to 90x

SS Gogeta= 40x that... So minimum of 800x to 3600x

SSJ Broly is comparable to SS Gogeta after rage boosts... And forces him to go SSB, and even still wasn't extremely casual then, it was a fight. The difference between SS2 to SSG is a minimum of 100x.

Yeah...

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
@ZERO TBQF This makes SSJ Broly more sense to be at least comparable to LB Jiren before LSSJ... Not to mention post-Gogeta zenkai
Goku = Close to GoD [ He would not be the weakest GoD either... And Anime doesn't portray Beerus as the strongest GoD ]

Vegeta= Comparable to Goku since they are stated to be rivals

Base Gogeta= Above Max of Goku and Vegeta by 20x to 90x

SS Gogeta= 40x that... So minimum of 800x to 3600x

SSJ Broly is comparable to SS Gogeta after rage boosts... And forces him to go SSB, and even still wasn't extremely casual then, it was a fight. The difference between SS2 to SSG is a minimum of 100x.

Yeah...
SSJ is 50x, not 40

The Mysterious Stranger - Delta- said:
I really am curious to know how bloody powerful a current UI Goku would be if he is already close to the level of the GoDs as a SSB.
Don't forget how he was also half dead last time he went MUI, his performance then is probably not comparable to Goku at full power.

I still feel like they made Wrath Broly and SS Broly way too powerful in this film. I would have preferred,

Base Broly vs Base/SS Goku/Vegeta

Wrath Broly vs SSG Goku/Vegeta

SS Broly vs SSB Goku/Vegeta

FP Broly vs Gogeta

It would have expressed the ferocity of LSS Broly, before he gets pummeled by Gogeta.

The Mysterious Stranger - Delta- said:
I still feel like they made Wrath Broly and SS Broly way too powerful in this film. I would have preferred,
Base Broly vs Base/SS Goku/Vegeta

Wrath Broly vs SSG Goku/Vegeta

SS Broly vs SSB Goku/Vegeta

FP Broly vs Gogeta

It would have expressed the ferocity of LSS Broly, before he gets pummeled by Gogeta.
Broly start up by being wrecked by everyone, as they couldn't justify a U7 starting up at that level so they had to give him an OP progression rate and then stick to it, so yes, he is OP but it's kind of the point, Broly is a powerhouse, it's a big part of his characters.

I agree. Basically Wrathful was comparable to SSB Goku. And SSJ was stupendously above SSB Goku to the point Goku called it the strongest foe , and took SSB Goku & Vegeta's combined assault as if it were nothing.

I also am scared. A Goku Black reactor asked " what if Goku Black got a hold of Broly's body and acheived Broly Super Saiyan Rose " ... Oh my god would that be scary.

Back