• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh jeez here we go again. I'll wait for Bog supporters first, since I'm not too familiar with him.

Working out a full argument but i just want to point out that Cu should have Danmaku given how his variant of Gae Bolg works

Okay, since i now know more about Cu due to playing FGO i can make an accurate argument:

Bog's clone spam from the start of and during the fight will make it extremely hard for Cu to actually kill him as his clone spam and instant body hopping hard counters Gae Bolg and Curruid Coinchenn's death hax due to him just swapping bodies to avoid death and Gae Bolg's homing properties due to each clone being simultaneously a separate entity that isnt Bog and a clone of Bog. Bog's body being made of a liquid would also likely mess with Gae Bolg's regen nullification as bog's regen isnt conventional. Now if Cu manages to kill all of Bog's clones immediately he can take this, but the likelihood of that happening is very, very slim not only due to the fact that Cu leading with an AoE spear throw being very out of character, but Bog's tendency to keep a few clones far away from the battlefield can potentially help him survive if Cu decides to try to use Soaring Spear. Stuff like Ath nGabla wouldnt be very effective either as Cu wouldnt know to lead with it immediately out of the gate and by the time he knows to use it there will be too many clones for it to be effective, as well as the clones not having minds and only doing as Bog commands. Meanwhile if a small part of Bog gets inside of Cu Bog takes full control of his body and then turns Cu into another Bog, bypassing Battle Continuation, and alternatively Bog can just flood the battlefield with acid.

Calter has ways to win, but the victor more times than not would be Bog, albeit after a long and drawn out fight and a lot of dead clones.

How does Bog's Possession work? Servants are clumps of magical energy that have no standard internal organs. Also, how does Bog even interact with Servant immunity? His age is unknown and none of his abilities afaik are classified as magic.

@Solacis You dont need to have yourself and every single one of your attacks follow the requirements weapons go through in order to interact with servants

Could you elaborate on what you mean? Servant Immunity is a valid ability to bring up, like non-corporeals' intangibility. Physical entities, regardless of whether they're living or not, are still subject to the need for either mystery(age) or magic to affect Servants.

"Applying only to weapons" has never been specified. The example you gave refers to the fact that a non-magical paper knife becomes magical when a Servant uses it, and thus can hurt other Servants. It also says "can't be hurt by normal means", not "by normal weapons". Mystery is a concept that applies to everything in the Nasuverse, not just objects, but also living beings. A notable example is Arcueid, whose mystery is the source of her own form of immunity to modern means of attack, as well as her magic resistance. Another example is Lugh Beowulf, though he doesn't have a profile here.

My dude, its whats written on literally every Fate character's profile. If you think it should be different then you need to make a CRT as this would be a massive change to the verse as a whole and would invalidate 90% of the matches they have.

@Monarch Then that should be on all of the Fate characters profiles and im pretty sure that makes almost all of their matches invalid

The reason it says modern weapons is because all the examples given for their immunity are of weapons since modern man has nothing else with the power necessary to harm the Servants even if they had sufficient mystery.

Also Bog himself is described as a mysterious entity of unknown origins and he uses magic so he should be able to interact with Cu

As for his possession, it works by Bog lacing part of himself inside the opponent's body and physically controlling them, then converting them into another one of himself

The real cal howard said:
I really hate this NLF. If I had a tier 1 gun that was just a gun, I couldn't kill a servant then.
Make a CRT or debunk, don't dismiss.

And John already give a link to that thread so don't derail, Muda admin ovo

The real cal howard said:
I really hate this NLF. If I had a tier 1 gun that was just a gun, I couldn't kill a servant then.
Just take the Servant Immunity and apply it to the strongest attack in the Nasuverse. If said attck were non-magical/had no mystery, then Servants would negate it as per the rules of the Nasuverse. There's your limit. Servant Immunity can negate up to 5-A non-magical, non-mysterious attacks.

Except its very easy to qualify for having mystery. Just get something supernatural or a few hundred years and you are able to harm them.

Put this discussion on hold until the CRT is resolved. No point derailing this thread with discussion unrelated to the VS battle.

Back